main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Donation Drive~ Everyone please read

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChoadsGirl, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Edits are what is in bold for clarification of groups.

I'm a member of parenting forum (from back when we had Mikal) Anyway, there is a Single father of the group that has a 3 year old boy. Paul, the father, started having diabetic seizures back in January, which caused him to go into a coma twice, needless to say he was placed on FMLA (Family Mecial Leave act) and has been on there ever since. The Problem with FMLA is that while is guarentees you a job when you get better and released by your doctor, you can get NO financial help. Your company does not pay you and you do not qualify for any state help because you are "still employeed"

This family lives in Tempe and is to the point that they have ran out of what they had in savings and in the pantry and sold just about everything they can. Paul turned to the parenting group asking if anyone has "canned goods and such" that they didn't want. I'm getting together what I can here, which isn't a lot, but I thought that if everyone in the PFF group might be willing to put a little in we could probably come up with a fairly big box of stuff for them.

So if you are interested and are able, I'll be more than happy to pick the stuff up or If you are one of the people I am gonna see between now and tomorrow, just bring the stuff with you. Here's a general list.

Soups
    Tuna
    Peanut Butter
    crackers
    (keeping in mind that it needs to be higher protien and lower carb, because of the diabeties)
    soap
    laundry soap
    toothpaste
    toilet paper
    The little boy is 3, but from what I've been told he wears like a 4T or 5T and loves thomas the tank.

I totally understand if you guys are NOT in a position to help. We are not really either, but I do have some year supply stuff that I am gonna put together (staples type stuff) and figured I'd put the offer out to you guys to help if you can)

Thanks,

Julie

2. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    excuse me, but what is going on tomorrow that you would see some of us?

I have some canned food stuff, and since I have limited space for my move, I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can drop it off or something.

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i'll do what i can...you can swing by my house and pick it up if you want...

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'll see what I can do too. My family always has too much canned food, and nothing to do with it. See, my family is blessed with too much food, and the food most often doesn't get eaten. And I have a bunch of old toys that I've been longing to give away, since I have no use for them.

5. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Chickey,

I'm just meeting up with a couple different people for stuff at various times. :)

And, thank you everyone for those who can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.