main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don't Cry - Post-TPM (Obi/OC) - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arldetta, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I have been debating for a very long time if I should bother posting this anywhere. And finally, decided to say, "The heck with it. Just post the darn thing."

Just so you know, I wrote this a long time ago. From what the system says, I created the file back in July, so like I said a long time ago. Also, this was originally intended to be a song fic, but that got a little messed up because I changed songs. It ended up with the title, "Don't Cry" from Seal's song, 'Don't Cry.' Wow, like that was hard to figure out, right?

Anyway, that's the back ground of this little tidbit. I hope you enjoy it. And as always, thanks for reading.

Title: Don't Cry

Author: Arldetta

Disclaimers: Big shocker, I don't own star wars. [face_shocked]

Spoilers: Only for my own stuff. No harm otherwise.

Summary: It's a few months after TPM and Obi receives a visitor. This doesn't really deal with Qui's death specifically, but his guilt. I don't know if that makes sense or not, I guess you'll just have to read it.

Here goes....
    ----------------------------------

It has been three months since the mission to Naboo, and Obi-Wan still remained in seclusion. He had become a recluse since his return to the Temple. Others had come to offer condolences and sympathies. The Council granted him his solitude as he accepted his new position in the order, giving him the time to adjust. He had requested that Anakin be given separate quarters until he could re-organize the apartment that he and Qui-Gon had shared.

The new initiate?s room was not far from his new Master?s but the distance was hard to deal with. Anakin had mourned for Qui-Gon as well, and owed him much for his release. However, their relationship was brief and he did not understand the depth of connection that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan shared.

Obi-Wan kept to himself over this time as he heard whispers and noticed the sympathetic glances directed towards him. He was different from the other Jedi now. In the past thousand or so years, no Jedi has seen a Sith Lord. Yet, not only did Obi-Wan encounter one, but also defeated him, at the cost of his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn?s, life. He had also accepted the request made by his dying mentor to train a boy to be a Jedi. This in itself was not a bizarre implorment, the problem was that the boy was not a Jedi student, and the Council feared the boy?s training, but also that the Jedi set to do this was not even a Knight. Given a Padawan before Knighthood was simply unheard of. At least until now. Obi-Wan shied away from the other Jedi knowing that the entire situation caused others around him distress. His closest friends did however try to comfort his disturbed countenance. Bant, Garen and Reeft had all tried to help their friend. Even, Siri and some Council members stopped to give support. But none of it helped, Obi-Wan still felt extremely alone.

At the moment Obi-Wan sat isolated in his apartment, meditating, when his entry alerted him of a visitor. Breaking from his thoughts he opened the door to find someone he hadn?t seen in a long time. In fact, he had been avoiding her ever since that horrible mission. And now she stood in his doorway. His manners returned and he offered, ?Won?t you come in?? She nodded and entered the communal room. She paused and waited for him to follow.

?It?s been a long time.? She said over her shoulder as he came up behind her. ?It took me a while to build up the courage to come here. But I wanted you to know how sorry I was to hear about Qui-Gon. Mira always mentioned how kind and thoughtful he was.? MysAri turned to look at him. She gazed into his turbulent blue-green eyes.

Obi-Wan watched the younger Jedi Padawan enter. Her black hair had grown since he had last seen her and her eyes were still the brilliant emerald he remembered. Only now they held a deep sorrow in them as well. Obi-Wan could not stare at them any longer as his hidden guilt surfaced. He adverted his eyes toward the floor.

They

2. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    ::cricket, cricket ::

I guess this is horrible?

3. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Nope! I liked it! ;)

4. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    No!!! Not horrible! Very good :) ! I really enjoyed it. Congrats Arldetta!

_PSK_

5. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    female_obi_wan - Thank you. I really appreciate it. :D

PadmeSolo - Thank you very much. I appreciate your saying so. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.