Don't give me that "yub yub"!

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by The_Sith_Mistress, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heey guys! I thought I'd open a thread to encourage people to talk and get to know each other. I understand some people may not feel comfortable going out and meeting people online, so this will try to help ease some fears!

So just talk about anything ! Your day! Your interests, what you'd like to see in the club etc!

I'll begin ;)

When I am not in super star wars costuming mode I like to sit back and listen to some Taproot, System of a down or some daft punk. I like just about any and every kind of music out there, from classical piano and violin, to 80's and rock.

I like going to see plays just as much as I love to go out and play pool (granted I am not very good) but just being with friends and having a good time is a lot of fun to me, yanno?

In the summer I love to camp up in Santa Cruz, or if I find people to go with me, just hang around the boardwalk.

So how about you guys? :D

2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Celtic music, kitties, gojuryu, kitties, world domination, kitties, rpgs.

This is my life...

hmmm...

diabaakaa, ne?
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Current occupations: Bioprocessing Tech @ Genentech (Yeah baby!), Leader of Rogue Squadron, current CR of SF Fan Force, Jedi Knight, and part time student at CCSF (I know, an anticlimatic ending!).

Other hobbies besides SW: Shania Twain, anime, LOTR, kenjitsu, weight lifting, ninjitsu/fighting techniques, and animals (cute furry nice ones, like ewoks! :p ). I'd like to get a kitten and a pup one day. :)

Things I do when there is no good alternatives: sleep, marinating in front of the TV, waste life on my comp, blast music, and/or read. Sometimes ALL at the same time!

Things that would be a good alternatives: hanging out with friends and/or new people, going out, eating out, fighting evil, training, and mastering the Jedi Arts. ;)
  4. Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Knight

star 2
    When not obsessing about Star Wars I like to:

Go clubbing. Dancing, drinking, and more drinking, ah what fun. How many more months Sith Mistress?

Go surfing. I got go again while in Hawaii and now I'm going to get a wetsuit that fits so I can hit some Santa Cruz waves again.

Go to concerts. I'm going to see Metallica and Godsmack at the Cow Palace on the 8th of March! And I've been to Ozzfest for the past 3 years. I heard this year Judas Priest and Slayer are going to be there! I also got to see Public Enemy in S.F. a year back.

Read. Comics, Sci-fi, history, and horror.

Watch movies with my girlfriend. We have more than 400 DVDs, and she keeps getting more (oh my).

Exercise.
  5. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    4 MORE MONTHS!!!!!!! Yeah baby yeah!! Clubbing and drinking! ;)

OZZFEST!!!!!!!! Rock on! And don't forget you got to see SoaD...I am so jealous man!!!!!!
  6. Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ozzfest Tickets are going on sale today at 10am through KSJO! They go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 10am.
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    In the summer I love to camp up in Santa Cruz

Oooh, where do you camp over in Santa Cruz? I love camping, and I love Santa Cruz, especially the redwoods. Growing up, my family tended to camp more at the beaches, though... Sunset and New Brighton, I think.
  8. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd camp at Big Sur! Lovely place and not too far from the beaches. It's actually pretty sweet, my cousin and I would hike all day then drive down to the beach and listen to the waves before driving back up to sleep.
  9. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    What are the campsites like where you've been? I've heard that Big Sur has multiple campgrounds - is that right?

That sounds like a perfect weekend - hiking all day and then resting by the ocean at the end of the day!
  10. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't camp, because that would sort of be redundant to my life. I suppose I could put up a tent in my back yard... but why bother? I live on four acres in the Santa Cruz mountains.

When not looking for a new job I usually spend my day: reading, writing, reading, cursing my senile cat, playing SWG, reading, listening to music (country, celtic, rock, instrumental, etc.), or pursuing one of the growing number of hobbies that I have (sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, tablet weaving, beading, wood working, or making medieval chainmail).

When not doing any of the above, I'm the CO for Dagger Squadron in the Intrepid Battle Group of the Rebel Squadrons. We make and fly our own missions for the X-Wing Alliance SW game.

I also enjoy hiking, Peers dancing, watching campy 80's movies, and generally hanging out with my friends.

:) That a good enough intro?
  11. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

Current occupation: Videotape editor / Satellite truck operator. Also volunteer on USS Hornet (Alameda, CA) and gamemaster for Simutronics Corp.

Former lives: Lecturer, Morrison Planetarium. Game room Coordinator for Baycon 85-88, 94.

Musical tastes: Movie soundtracks. Classical, some jazz, album-oriented rock, Broadway musicals, Big Band, Sinatra, Celtic/New Age.

Reading tastes: SF/Fantasy. Science. History. Mystery. Tom Clancy. Clive Cussler. Comic books.

Hobbies other than Star Wars: Gaming (Computer & RPG), Writing, Drawing. Reading. Playing pool (not as often or as well as I would like).

Things I'd like to do one day: Voice work. Get my Amateur Radio license.

Other trivia: Ordained minister in the Universal Life Church. (Yes, I have performed a wedding, and would not be averse to doing a Star Wars themed ceremony, as long as you're serious.)

12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Occupation: solar cell physicist. I'm currently working at a start-up company up in Palo Alto; unfortunately, I often have to work very long hours, which makes scheduling outside activities a bit difficult.

SW: I joined FF, specifically the RMFF, while I was living out in Denver. I just got back from a wild weekend of fun with them at Starfest, their local scifi con. For fun SW activities, I enjoy reading the books (at least, I enjoy the good ones!), doing a little bit of costuming, a little bit of collecting, making the occasional SW music video, and one of my favorates: lightsaber sparring! (Anyone interested in occasional sparring?)

Other interests: other sci-fi and fantasy (Stargate, LotR, among others), camping and hiking, attempting to garden, going out dancing with friends...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.