main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Don't Go - songfic viggy- ::PLEEEEEEEEASE READ::

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by little_miss_jedi, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    Title: Don?t Go
    Author: little_miss_jedi
    Genre: songfic
    Era: TPM
    Characters: Um?Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda?among others.
    Disclaimer: Lyrics to Kasey Chambers, characters to George Lucas. Once again I own nothing. Must do something about that...
    Summary: The different reactions to Qui-Gon?s death. I have made it so that Anakin is a Jedi during the funeral, even though I know he techinically isn?t one until the parade.
    Note: I love writing songfics. This is songfic number 4!!!

?As you?re disappearing I?m hearing,
    All I wanted you to say,
    I should focus more on the thought of,
    Letting you just slip away...?

Queen Padmé Amidala was not dressed in her usual royal regalia today. Her face was not painted and there was no Scar of Remembrance on her lip. Her hair fell down her back loosely and was not secured with numerous hairclips that cost more than some speeders. She did not wear expensive, intricate, painstakingly detailed silken outfits, but a simple white cotton dress. As she walked the streets of Naboo, nobody realised she was the Queen.
    They thought she was a girl. A lonely, lost girl trying to find somebody she knew was already dead. In a way, this was all true, just on a larger scale. She did not grieve for one single person. Not two, not three.
    She mourned the loss of the trees, of the water, of the beautiful buildings that had been such a part of Naboo. She mourned an entire planet. It tore her heart to see the way her planet was shattered like this. The Trade Federation would pay for this, or she wasn?t the Naboo Queen.
    ?Your highness,? Eirtaé whispered softly, ?you know this isn?t entirely your fault. You did all you could. Do not be so hard on yourself.?
    Amidala turned slightly and did not smile. ?I know it is not all my fault, Eirtaé.? She sighed and gazed out at the streets, filled with families searching desperately for lost children, brothers, sisters and parents. ?Yet I blame myself anyway.?
    Entirely, Amidala realised suddenly. She said ?entirely?.
    There was a slight cough behind her and she turned. She saw Obi-Wan Kenobi standing behind her, but he would not meet her gaze. His eyes were focused so firmly on the ground that it was obvious something was wrong.
    ?Your highness,? he said in a quiet voice. ?A word, please. In private.?
    Amidala nodded curtly. ?Of course,? she said kindly, leading him to a quiet corner where they wouldn?t be overheard.
    ?What?s the matter, Master Jedi?? Amidala asked.
    ?It?s Qui-Gon,? Obi-Wan said after a moment. Finally, he looked her in the eyes and Amidala was shocked by what she saw. Something was very wrong. The whole galaxy could have been destroyed and Obi-Wan could not have looked more haunted. ?During the battle with the Sith Lord, he was killed.?
    For a brief moment Amidala just stared at him. He had to be kidding. Then she forced herself to be realistic. She looked at his blue eyes once more and look an involuntary step backward. You could not fake the kind of pain she saw there.
    ?I?m...so sorry,? was all she could say. For a few moments she was just so numb. She had not known Qui-Gon terribly long, only a few days, but she had been astounded at how he carried himself. He was old, there was no doubt of that, he had appeared to be almost sixty, but he had come across so calm and in control. As the kind of person who would not succumb to death.
    She placed a hand on his arm and he roused himself from his thoughts. ?You must not cancel the victory parade because of Qui-Gon?s death, Your Highness,? he said, seeming to read Amidala?s mind. Amidala shook her head. ?It would seem so wrong,? she said firmly.
    Obi-Wan smiled softly. ?Qui-Gon may have come across as a serious man, but he did value and enjoy celebration. He would have wanted you to march at the head of that parade and he would want you to have fun doing it.?
    Amidala tried to return the Jedi?s smile, but it was difficult. ?I will, but only if you will do it with me. This isn?t just my victory. So many people deserve to walk at the head of this parade, but this is your victor

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was just lovely.

I really liked how you showed Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda's reaction to Qui-Gon's death...

Very well done,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was beautifully done! =D=

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :_| :_|

That was so beautiful. *sniff*

5. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    thanks for reading everyone!!

KELIA: thanks! I would've done Sidious's reaction as well but it was a toss-off between him and Yoda...

VaderLVR64: thankyou [face_blush]!

Gina: thanks! *passes tissues thru cybersapce*

6. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Oh, that was so sad! :_| =D= It was beautful, though. I like that Padme was allowed to be simply a regular person for a little bit, instead of having to deal with all the burdens of a Queen. You are quite good with evoking emotions, great job! [:D]

7. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    Master: thankyou! I like seeing Padme as normal, without all the baggage of being a queen and a senator. It makes her easier to relate to and sometimes easier to write about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.