main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don't I ever get tired of these **** things?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ryan_W, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    [Getting back onto the topic of the thread]

THAT WAS A COOL CLIP RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-GS

[/futile attempt]

2. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    I thought it was good.

I can never get the timing down. Of course, I could use a lot of practice masking, too.

3. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    A few quick points:

-Cool clip!

-I happen to like the shirt that all three of you are wearing. In fact, I'm quite fond of green and faded blue.

-Ooh, and my imaginary girlfriend thinks you're cute! You should definately think of putting up an online dating service where the girlfriends of sci-fi nerds can hit on you.

-Your timing is excellent. Those clones were right on!

-I wish I had a skywalker ranch tee shirt :( Maybe someday :D

-Photoshop has many uses, and if you're going to use it for evil, at least make that evil productive by removing clothing from bikini models or something. If someone wants to hear people questioning their sexuality there ARE boards for that [see www.bottalk.com]

-I totally think Master Zap's vid clips rock. Awesome stuff, always!

\__Will__/<---[PhotoShop evil never, bikini removal forever [repeat 5X]]

4. saber-jared

saber-jared Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2004
    Well done, looks really good, nice job on the clip.

5. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Zamboni is hilarious. Just not to the people he has offended. Or more, the people who took it as an offense...

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Aight man get over it now...others are tryin to get this back on topic!

7. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    [Keeping things on track]

Neat clip. I like it so much I think I'll go and make my own!

-GS

8. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Ok, back on topic. Like I said before, I would've expected more from Ryan. Not that this isn't good, it's awesome. the timing was very good, but I think that his cloning tests from last time were FAR superior to this, so I was expecting more. So yes, I guess I do get tired of these **** things.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    One thing I'd love to see Ryan do (cause I know he'd probably be able to pull it off) would be to have two clones shaking hands and stuff like that. Actuly PHYSICAL interaction. Not just punching each other and stuff like that cause that's so easy it's just not funny ;)

I don't believe I've seen something like that yet. Has anyone here done that before?

10. Bringer_of_Spiff

Bringer_of_Spiff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2003
    My idea is to make a clone test with the clones actually casting shadows on one another. I guess it could be done with a mask set to darken. I think I'll try it one of these days.

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    For you clone lovers, BTW, there's a really great clone sequence in the new movie Secret Window. Very clean, with moving cameras and interaction!

M. Scott

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Casting shadows hey? Only realistic way I can imagine doing that is by having another actor standing in for where the clone would be and casting the shadow for ya ;)

13. anjofilm

anjofilm Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah, the clone scene in secret window is pretty good but I thought the part when he looks into the mirror and sees the "reflection" (duplicate image of what's happening in the room)of himself it looks really fake. Bad keying or something.

14. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    One thing I'd love to see Ryan do (cause I know he'd probably be able to pull it off) would be to have two clones shaking hands and stuff like that. Actuly PHYSICAL interaction. Not just punching each other and stuff like that cause that's so easy it's just not funny

I have kicked myself (available on my personal website) and my best friend Alron Delzeen (he pops in every now and again...) has made still pictures shaking hands with himself (available on HIS website...not sure if it's linked in his sig...might be...)

The reason people don't try shaking hands is because it's so freakin hard to specifically grab the other clone's hand and make it look convincing through masking and, undoubtably, rotoscoping.

[Edit: The kick that I did was my sorry impression of a roundhouse across the face from the side. So the foot doesn't hide behind the other clone's body, it's in plain view the whole time as I'm kicking myself. If you watch it at regular speed, it looks VERY convincing...if you take it frame by frame, due to motion blur on my poor camera, the mask is obviously masked of my blurred foot going across the face. Anyway...just wanted to clear that up...]

15. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    The trick is having someone with pretty close looking hands with you and do the timing. That's how they do "over the shoulder" twin shots.

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Hey Tech Krill that's a pretty cool little clip. Maybe you should just feather the masking of the foot when it's in front of the clone's head? It's a bit too sharp ;)

Oh and the kick wasn't that bad! HeHe. Just rotate on youe base foot a little more before the kicking leg flicks out :)

17. Black_Chameleon

Black_Chameleon Jedi Master star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    A few more points on your mask to round out the foot instead of having it pointed, and feathering it a bit, would help it look much more real frame by frame. But really not too many of your audience will probably look at it frame by frame, with that, I have to say it looked really impressive.

18. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Clones casting shadows on eachother? Here!

[image=http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/sjudagar/fight-probably-final.jpg]

:D

/Z

19. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    HeHe...that is so cool

20. anjofilm

Mar 2, 2004
    I seem to remember You posting a higher quality version Zap, that one is really compressed.

21. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    No, you are seeing it inside the UTTER STUPIDITY of Internet Explorer

Hold yer cursor over the image... see that little "zoom box" appearing in the corner? Click it.

This non-feature of IE (to scale down images without asking you, and doing it really badly) can be disabled.

/Z

22. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    This non-feature of IE (to scale down images without asking you, and doing it really badly) can be disabled.

...By using Mozilla. :D

-GS

23. anjofilm

Mar 2, 2004
    No, the picture is at full rez, I meant it looks like it has horrible compression, like it was compressed as a gif or something. The colors don't blend into one another, there are sharp gradations, it almost looks like an oil painting. Maybe it's just this crappy new AOL 9.0 *optimized*.... yeah right. :(

24. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Zap,

What is the pic from? Something new from you or something old that I haven't seen?

25. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    Old. And AOL? I wouldn't be suprised if AVG considers it a virus. :D

-GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.