main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don't I ever get tired of these **** things?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ryan_W, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    My new wallpaper, I just feel sorry for the lonely clone. :(

Did you have someone taking photos whilst you ran around and posed?

2. Black_Chameleon

Black_Chameleon Jedi Master star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Oh he's not a lonely clone... you know that any second he's gonna do something... and you know it's gonna be awesome...

annnnny second now...

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    *stares at image and waits...*

4. glennth

glennth Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2002
    Clone handshaking? Here's a really old picture I photoshoped:

[image=http://www.whitestone.no/files/person.jpg]

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    HeHe That's pretty frickin' awsome :)
    Imagine pulling that off with video!

6. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    No, the picture is at full rez, I meant it looks like it has horrible compression, like it was compressed as a gif or something

Thats your 'puter set to 256 color or AOL being crappy or whichever. Not my image :)

What is the pic from? Something new from you or something old that I haven't seen?

It was the middle spread in the local weekly magazine "sju dagar" which wrote about me and my effects. More stuff used in the mag here

My new wallpaper,
    Heh, I'm honored.... I use a cropped version as wallpaper myself on my laptop, and one from the blowing up the church pic on my other machine

I just feel sorry for the lonely clone
    Check carefully, theres a 2nd "good guy" clone in the back. I wonder whats with that one on the right tho. :)

(Reality explanation is "I ran out of ideas how to pose" :) )

/Z

7. FXMan

FXMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2004
    Very nice,.
    well done.

-FX

8. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    :[face_laugh]::

First of all, Ryan well done! I used to have that kind of time on my hands...ah, the good O'l days.

Second, Dorkman, I have really enjoyed your replies. As of late, I agree with most of your posts. Keep'em coming! (My grammer is horrible, please don't bash me for that)

That's it for my two cents! Everyone, BACK TO WORK!

9. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Zap,
    You never cease to astound me. Awesome stuff! Your cyborg head looks a lot like the T800 endoskeleton head, was that your inspiration?

And why aren't you working for a major digital effects studio or something. Your stuff is way better than a lot of effects houses. If you want to start up your own company, I'll come join you. I've never been to Europe, it might be fun.

--Jamball

(looks at resume)
    Well, I've got some basic 3D and compositing knowledge, but I'm good at making a movie, you can check here Unseen Hands Productions. Tell me what you think!

10. anjofilm

anjofilm Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    You're right, Zap. I viewed the pic on internet explorer and it looks fine. Damn you AOL...Damn you..... :mad:

11. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    Here's a shot from a school project last year.

[image=http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Just_Joe/promdate3000.jpg]

The girls are "robots" and not clones. First the girl on the left walks on camera and then a few seconds later, the girl on the right walks on camera.

To make sure the masking looked clean, I had them stand perfectly still after the girl walks in on the left. That lasted about 10 seconds and I told her to walk around the camera do the same thing on the other side.

Meanwhile, my friend James(In the middle) remained in the same position so that his body wouldnt change to drastically. Instead of just starting the mask in the middle duration of the clip, I had it start from the beginning so that even though it's going through part of his body the whole time, he is standing still enough that you cant even notice.

If I could find a place to upload the video, it will be easier to understand.

*Edits* Trying to get the pic to show

12. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    I wish to purchase some of your "robots", thank you.

Zap, your sentinels and ED-209(?) look fantastic, any chance of a magazine scan? (I have Babel Fish on standby). :)

So not to entirely hi-jack Ryan's thread, I'll just add that the original clone clip may not have been obviously outstanding, but it's given me something to try out in future, so cheers.

13. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Handshaking in Video? BugSplat did it already. FLAWLESSLY! I couldn't believe my eyes. However, he said, "It could be better" and wouldn't post it as an FX test. I'll have him do another one sometime this week.

14. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I wish to purchase some of your "robots", thank you.

I'll take one too, if you please.

~Neszis~

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    They're not that good guys...

16. anjofilm

anjofilm Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Your sig would lead me to believe otherwise....

17. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    How so?
    *anyhoo...don't wanna derail this again*

18. Zamboni

Zamboni Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    Don't worry, without my interventions everything will go in a straight line... That is until I finish comping some left over movie project abandoned by Ryan and finish shopping for my DV cam... Then I promise to return with a clone vid two times better than Ryans (well from a certain point of view anyway).

19. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    And why aren't you working for a major digital effects studio or something. Your stuff is way better than a lot of effects houses.
    Thank you!

Well, I dunno why I am not working at a major effects house. My guesstimate is that part of the reason is that my area of Sweden (that I am pretty rooted in) doesn't really have any "major" effects houses.

They do have umpteen smaller joints doing vfx for stuff like commercials et. al.

If you want to start up your own company, I'll come join you. I've never been to Europe, it might be fun.

Heh. The thought of starti'n my own has crossed my mind more than once. Stay tuned. ;)

Zap, your sentinels and ED-209(?) look fantastic, any chance of a magazine scan?
    I should stress I made neither of the models, the point is more lighting/comping and some texture tweaks.

And I can do better than a scan but I dunno if Babelfish will help you with Swedish :)

/Z

20. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    Thank you, and you're right, Babel Fish has failed me. :(
    Glad that there's somebody out there who liked Starship Troopers too!

21. Black_Chameleon

Jan 9, 2004
    i LOVE Starship Troopers!!

22. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
  23. Black_Chameleon

Jan 9, 2004
    SHOULD like it... but it's not exactly exciting news...too many movies ruined by retarded sequels, the cover art for this movie is enough to make me hesitant to see it.

And the movie is nothing if it doesn't have Doogie Howzer in it

lol, I never knew that guy's real name, but any moie he's in rules (Undercover Brother, anyone?)

24. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Yeah, the STT2 DVD cover looks stupid. As I heard elsewhere, the guy on the far right looks like he knows something we don't, the guy in the centre looks like he's contemplating existence, and the other two look like they're reacting to whoever's holding the DVD. All crappily photoshopped at that.

~Neszis~

25. AlanSmitheeIII

AlanSmitheeIII Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah, Neszis...you read that on the forum right below the cover..lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.