Before - Legends Don't let me fall (JA fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Sep 11, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chapter 6: ?I don?t know who to trust, no surprise.? (From the Inside, Linkin Park)

The first thing that Qui-Gon noticed when he left the ?fresher was the table filled with food. He grinned, noticing that the boy had taken the easy way out. The second thing he noticed was that Obi-Wan was fast asleep on the couch. Unsure of whether to wake him or not, Qui-Gon inspected the table. The salad was simple, but looked good enough. There was bread and water. Qui-Gon inspected the dressings on the table and barely suppressed a snort. Best put these back, he reasoned.

Walking over to the couch, he gently woke Obi-Wan. The Initiate yawned and tiredly slumped at the table. Frowning, he asked ?Where are the dressings I set out?? He couldn?t understand the barely-controlled amusement in Qui-Gon?s face.

?Those had alcohol in them, young one.? he explained. ?Djara would beat me bloody if I let a minor - yourself for example - consume any form of intoxicants.?

?Oh.? Obi-Wan said, embarrassed.

?It?s all right,? Qui-Gon reassured him. ?You did well.? Obi-Wan mumbled a thank you.

Dinner passed silently, but amiably. Qui-Gon sent Obi-Wan off to his evening meditation while he cleaned up dinner. Obi-Wan complied, slipping into a trance after a few minutes of struggle. He?d been meditating for a half-hour when Qui-Gon joined him on the mats. Taking a deep breath, Qui-Gon slipped into a deep meditative trance, reviewing the day; the emotions he had experienced, his choices, what head transpired with Obi-Wan, and thoughts of the near future. A gradual sense of uneasiness filled him. It took him a while to realize that the feeling originated not from him, but from the boy kneeling next to him. Concerned, he cast his mind towards the boy, trying to find the source of the boy?s unease. To his surprise, it was him. He probed a bit further, trying to see what he was doing wrong, and was abruptly brought out of his trance by a hysteric cry.

?No!?

Quickly scanning the room, he found Obi-Wan backed against the opposite wall.

?Obi-Wan?? he asked in concern, moving towards the boy.

?Stay away from me!? he shouted, grey eyes wide.

Qui-Gon stopped short and placed his hands in front of him, offering comfort and calm to the boy. He watched in growing alarm as Obi-Wan, never taking his angry eyes off of the Master, gathered the Force around him and proceeded to build shields to block what Qui-Gon was sending him.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said uncertainly as he stepped forwards.

?I said stay away!? came the panicked shout as the Force swelled around the boy, then blasted forwards, knocking Qui-Gon off his feet. As the boy bolted out the door, Qui-Gon had just enough time to register how much raw power the boy had access to before he was running after Obi-Wan.

He?s heading towards the ship again, Qui-Gon realized, sprinting to cut him off. They were about halfway to the A-31 when Qui-Gon managed to catch the boy in his arms. The raw fear and despair was crippling, along with a large amount of betrayal, much to the astonishment of the Master. He had little time to think on it as he tried to control the Initiate in his arms, who was fighting with every reserve of his renewed strength. A well aimed elbow in the man?s diaphragm almost made him lose Obi-Wan before he tightened his grip. A few moments later, after an intense struggle, Qui-Gon managed to get Obi-Wan to the ground, pinning his legs and holding his arms against his chest. Obi-Wan was breathing hard and glaring at the Master, a violent array of negative emotions swirling in the stormy depths of his eyes; fury, grief, fear, betrayal, maybe even a bit of hate.

Qui-Gon stared brokenly into his eyes, then softly asked ?Young one, what have I done?? This time, disbelief was added into the mix. Qui-Gon felt the surge in the Force and quickly erected shields before Obi-Wan could blast him again.

?That?s enough, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon said firmly. ?Now tell me. What is it that I have done?? Obi-Wan turned his head and looked away, his chest still heaving. Qui-Gon was at a loss of what to do. ?I won
  2. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Very understandable that Qui-Gon was not thinking about the consequences of meditating with Obi-Wan when everything else was going so well. Obi-Wan still needs a lot of healing. Thankfully Qui-Gon was able to get through to him.

Poor Obi-Wan - :(
  3. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I'm home from Canada with an internet connection so I can finally join in the =D= for this story. I totally enjoy your writing.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Superb! Excellent stuff!

Great strides in Obi-Wan learning how to start to believe he is worthy of being cared about and that someone can be trusted. @};-

5. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    Qui-Gon certainly has a task in front of him. Obi-Wan needs all the love and confidence he can get and Qui-Gon is being directed by the Force and Yoda (The devious little troll) both are drawing Qui-Gon to accept Obi-Wan.

Great work =D=
  6. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Obi! :_| [:D]
    Thankfully Qui-Gon now knows a little bit more about what has happened to Obi-Wan. I'm glad he was able to solve the situation.
    It will be a difficult road until Obi-Wan will trust someone in his mind again. But Qui-Gon is the perfect person to help Obi heal.

=D= Great updates!
  7. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Valairy_Scot:
    Welcome

Jade_eyes: Super! Excellant stuff!
    *Bows, grinning* Why thank you Jade!

Gkilkenny: The devious little troll
    *sniggers* I know, right?

Chilla:But Qui-GOn is the perfect person to help Obi-Wan
    I happen to think that myself ^^
  8. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chapter 7: ?I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth.? (Arms, Chrisina Perri)

Qui-Gon awoke to the suns shining straight into his face. He groaned and slung an arm over his eyes, trying to will the darkness of night to return. Glancing at the chrono, he sat up in surprise. It was late into the morning, at 9:55. He hadn?t slept in this late in a very long time. Not since before taking Sarra as his first padawan. He groggily rubbed his eyes and walked to Obi-Wan?s still closed door.

?Obi-Wan?? he knocked.

?Yes?? came the reply, muffled by the door.

?It?s time to get up.? he called.

?Yes, sir.?

When Obi-Wan was still not out by the time breakfast was laid out, QUi-Gon went back, but stopped as he felt pain from inside the room.

?Obi-Wan?? he asked in concern. ?Are you alright??

?Yes sir.? Obi-Wan said. There was a rustle, a thump with the accompanying pain he had felt a few moments earlier, and a forcefully muttered ?Sithspawn!?

I?m going to have to put a stop to that mouth of his. Qui-Gon thought wryly. ?Are you alright?? he called.

?Yes...maybe. Oh, I don?t know!? the boy said frustratedly.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow at the closed door. What in the world was going on in there? ?May I come in??

?No.? came the mutinous answer. ?But I don?t think I have a choice.?

Qui-Gon frowned. ?Does that mean I an come in?? he asked, confused.

A sigh, heard even through the door. ?Yes.? came the resigned answer.

Qui-Gon opened the door and slowly walked in. Obi-Wan was sitting on the floor by his bed, his face tight. His right leg was sprawled out in front of him.

?What?s wrong?? Qui-Gon asked.

?My knee.? Obi-Wan gestured helplessly.

?Can you stand?? Qui-Gon inquired.

?Standing isn?t the problem. It?s walking that I can?t seem to manage.? Obi-Wan huffed. Qui-Gon began rolling up Obi-Wan?s pant leg.

?What are you doing?? Obi-Wan demanded warily.

?Hush, Obi-Wan. I?m just looking at the damage.? He rolled up the pant leg to mid-thigh and looked at Obi-Wan?s knee. It was red and painfully swollen. He gently felt it, squeezing slightly. Oi-Wan hissed and flinched. Qui-Gon rolled the pant leg back down, stood up, and offered a hand to Obi-Wan, who took it gratefully and stood up. Qui-Gon placed his arm under the boy?s shoulders and helped him limp to the couch.

?It looks like we overworked you yesterday.? Qui-Gon commented.

Obi-Wan looked uncomfortable. ?Does this mean more salve?? he asked.

Qui-Gon smiled slightly. ?No. The slave is more for external injuries; cuts, burns, bruises, and the like. Your injury is more internal damage to the muscular and skeletal structures. No, you just need ice to bring the swelling down and a few painkillers.? Obi-Wan sighed with relief. Qui-Gon got him an icepack, which Obi-Wan quickly applied, wincing a bit at the contact. Qui-Gon brought him a plate of food and a few pills. He watched with amusement as the boy devoured the rather large quantity of food that the Master had given to him.

?I have a friend coming to visit.? Qui-Gon said abruptly. There was a spike of fear from the Initiate. Obi-Wan wasn?t sure that he was ready for contact with other Jedi yet. ?Her name is Clee Rhara. I think you know her Padawan.?

?What?s the Padawan?s name?? Obi-Wan asked suspiciously.

?Oh, it?s a surprise.? Qui-Gon said innocently.

?I hate surprises.? Obi-Wan muttered.

?I think you will like Master Rhara.? QUi-Gon went on, pretending he hadn?t heard. ?She?s a bit like me.?

?And who said I like you?? Obi-Wan demanded. Qui-Gon looked sharply at the boy until he realized the youth was joking. Qui-Gon smiled and ruffled the boy?s hair. Obi-Wan grinned and batted the older man?s hand away before resuming to stuff himself. Gratitude swelled inside Qui-Gon. His actions last night had been a good move. Something was forming between them.

?I suggest that you initiate a healing trance, young one.? Qui-Gon told the boy as he took his now empty dishes.

?I don?t know how, sir? Obi-Wan ducked his head, embarrassed. ?I remember being taught when I was younger, but I?ve become...ou
  9. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, an update and a good friend. Obi is - less tense a lot of the time, which is good.
  10. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, nothing like a friend to help Obi-Wan...but wow! What Qui-Gon saw (or felt) in Obi's mind. As much as it hurt him...it's a good thing or it could have been too late..[face_worried]

Hang in there Obi! YOu have people who care around you now, and Qui sounds like he's like to have a little one on one with those two cruel masters himself now...go Qui-Gon! :D
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Yay for Garen! His genuine caring is great. :)

Obi-Wan's feelings are still raw, but they're not as jumbled [face_thinking] He's not thinking in dire black and white terms any more. He seems to feel things are good, at least for now; the next big leap comes in believing it can and will last. :D :D

@};-

Garen's, Qui-Gon's, and the Healer's testimony - all trustworthy and detailed, certainly builds a strong case for any judicial or punitive action.

[face_dancing]

12. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice to see Garen, hopefully his friendship will help to open him up and let Qui-Gon help him.
    =D=
  13. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 7: ?I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth.? (Arms, Chrisina Perri)

I forgot to tell you this before, but I really like the chapter titles and the song lines. You always pick perfect ones.
    And thank you so much for introducing me to this song! It's past midnight right now, but tomorrow (or is it later today?) I will look up the chords for this song and play it on my guitar.

?What?s the Padawan?s name?? Obi-Wan asked suspiciously.

?Oh, it?s a surprise.? Qui-Gon said innocently.

Gah! [face_laugh]

To be honest, I thought the padawan would be Siri Tachi... 8-} Maybe I've read too many Obi/Siri stories. Even though I'm rarely at "Before the Saga", I couldn't avoid some of those fanfics. That's a good pairing.

?I think you will like Master Rhara.? Qui-Gon went on, pretending he hadn?t heard. ?She?s a bit like me.?

Is that good? :p

?And who said I like you?? Obi-Wan demanded.

[face_laugh] I was waiting for this!

Qui-Gon looked sharply at the boy until he realized the youth was joking. Qui-Gon smiled and ruffled the boy?s hair. Obi-Wan grinned and batted the older man?s hand away before resuming to stuff himself. Gratitude swelled inside Qui-Gon. His actions last night had been a good move. Something was forming between them.

YES!!! [face_dancing]

Wariness and more shame entered Qui-Gon?s awareness. ?I?m sorry.? Obi-Wan said quietly. ?But no. I know that last night...? he faltered. ?I will be eternally grateful for that.? Obi-Wan said softly, eyes on his hands. ?But...I can?t knowingly allow someone into my mind. It?s just too much.?

He isn't as scared of this as before. That's a good thing.

Qui-Gon nodded. ?It could be extremely difficult to start this by yourself if you?ve never done it before.?

Good reaction on Qui-Gon's part.

Qui-Gon hoped that he would; he would make the right Master a good Padawan.

Yes, Qui-Gon, Obi will make a good apprentice to you. :D

?Can?t you just tell me who it is?? Obi-Wan demanded.

?I did!? Qui-Gon said, feigning surprise.

?No, you told me ?Master Rhara and her Padawan?.? Obi-Wan retorted. ?I don?t know Master Rhara, and you won?t tell me who the Padawan is, so I have no idea who?s coming!?

[face_laugh] I like how they can joke around each other now and that Obi doesn't guard his words anymore.

Obi-Wan muttered something about crypticism and the influence of a certain green Master.

[face_laugh] Little green master... [face_alien_1]

Obi-Wan concentrated on the cloth sinking towards the bottom and gathered the Force around him. Narrowing his focus, he brought the now-drenched tunic out of the water.

Nice to see Obi enjoying himself. And I like how he uses his skills for fun, too, not just to defend himself from abusive masters.

?Thanks.? Obi-Wan smirked, calling the shirt to him and making sure that it smacked Garen?s head on the way.

[face_laugh] That was smooth.

?Why didn?t you tell me?? Obi-Wan turned towards his friend and saw a look of hurt on his face.

Awww. [face_love] [face_worried] Garen seems like a great guy.

?I knew that something was wrong. Force, all three of us knew.? he said, referring to himself, Bant and Reeft. ?But we never imagined...? he trailed off. ?Obi,? he said, his eyes haunted. ?I?m so sorry.?

:_| Garen feels guilty for not noticing what was going on with his friend.

?Garen,? the Initiate said gently. ?What could you have done??

?What else did they do?? The Padawan asked coldly.

?Garen - ?

?Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Garen said through gritted teeth. ?What. Else. Did. They. Do??

I like him more every second!

It took a lot to make easy-going Garen Muln angry.

This certainly qualifies for "a lot".

?He?s projecting again.? Clee grumbled. Then she paused, frowning. ?Not much can push him over the edge like this. What?s going on??

She knows that only after 1 month of being Garen's master? Very perceptive. I think I'll like her, too.

?Clee.? Qu
  14. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Obimom: Nothing like a friend to help Obi-Wan
    Garen's my favorite out of the three. I couldn't help adding him in there[face_love]

Jade_eyes Garen's, Qui-Gon's, and the Healer's testimony - all trustworthy and detailed, certainly builds a strong case for any judicial or punitive action
    Geez...I'm gonna have to make that scene epic, or I have a feeling that I won't live to see the sunrise after.[face_hypnotized]

Chilla: *grins* thanks for the epic post[:D] I'm having tons of fun coming up with Garen's and Clee's personalities:D

I'm sorry that these posts are taking so long! Too much going on in RL.:_|
  15. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chapter 8: ?Where the streets have no name? (Where the streets have no name, U2)

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Garen Muln walked back into the house a few hours later. They were smiling and talking animatedly, but both had shadows in their eyes. They toweled themselves off and dressed for the dinner that the two Masters had prepared.

Garen laughed at Obi-Wan. ?You look like you?re starving.? he commented. Qui-Gon winced as the words hit a little too close for his liking, but Obi-Wan just waved it off and continued eating. Despite Garen?s words, he ate almost as much as Obi-Wan, if slower. Clee raised her eyes up in exasperation.

?Now you know how it feels to have a teenage boy in the house.? Qui-Gon said grinning.

?Did Sarra ever eat this much?? Clee asked desperately.

?Not usually.? Qui-Gon laughed.

?Good. Maybe I?ll get a female Padawan next time.?

?Thinking of replacing me already Master? I?m hurt.? Garen said disapprovingly.

?Who is Sarra?? Obi-Wan asked.

?She was my first Padawan.? Qui-Gon replied with a smile.

?How many have you had?? the boy asked curiously.

?Two.?

?Who was the second??

Qui-Gon was beginning to look uncomfortable, so Clee stepped in.

?Hello?? she asked. ?Can we get back to the issue and hand? My Padawan is going to eat me out of house and home!?

Qui-Gon shot her a grateful look. ?Well,? he said. ?I suppose that there is always the option of taking him to the Temple cafeteria.? he said mildly.

?Oh, Force no!? Garen protested. ?Don?t Master! Please! I?m begging you!?

Clee grinned wickedly as Obi-Wan snorted into his drink.

?And what, may I ask, is wrong with the food in the cafeteria, my young Padawan??

?It?s just...? Garen hesitated. Master Rhara was good friends with the head cook. ?It?s just, not nearly as good as yours, my Master.?

?A wise answer, young one.? Clee said satisfied. Garen meekly resumed his meal. That is, until Obi-Wan launched himself back from the table. Qui-Gon looked up alarmed at the panicked youth.

?Obi-Wan?? he asked concerned. Obi-Wan ignored him, coldly eyeing each of the three Jedi in front of him. Someone had touched his mind. He was fairly sure that it wasn?t Qui-Gon. It didn?t feel like him, but it did feel familiar. He barely knew Master Rhara, so that left one other. His eyes narrowed.

?Garen?? he asked cooly.

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?What in the seven hells are you doing??

?Helping.? the teen replied as he ate.

?Helping?? Obi-Wan asked, furious. ?This is not helping!? he seethed.

?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon asked. ?What?s going on??

?He?s trying to get into my mind.? the boy said through gritted teeth.

?Garen,? Clee warned. ?Stop it.?

?With all due resect, Master.? Garen said politely. ?I know Obi-Wan very well. Enough to know that he will avoid this problem like the Numerian Plague. This is the only way that he will get past this. Better now with a friend, than later with an enemy.?

Qui-Gon saw the logic, and agreed with it whole - heartedly. However, he had misgivings about Obi-Wan?s readiness and willingness.

The boy in question flinched violently and screwed his eyes shut. ?Stop it!? he snapped.

Garen calmly stood up and faced his friend. ?No.? he said calmly.

?Get out of my head!? Obi-Wan shouted hoarsely.

?Padawan,? Clee protested, worried. Qui-Gon shook his head at her. Obi-Wan needed to work this through.

Obi-Wan took a step back and covered his head with his arms. As his fight to keep his friend out of his mind intensified, Obi-Wan dropped to his knees. Qui-Gon hurried to support him.

?Make him stop.? Obi-Wan pleaded softly.

?It?s not up to me, young one.? Qui-Gon said apologetically. ?Instead of fighting, let him in. Try to see what he is sending you.?

?I don?t want to let him in!? Obi-Wan snarled.

?I know, Obi-Wan. I know.? Qui-Gon said. ?But you?re going to have to fight this.?

Obi-Wan?s suspicion - filled eyes snapped open, staring hard at Qui-Gon. ?It this why you sent for him?? he asked, his voice dangerously quiet.

?No, young one. It is not.? Obi-Wan closed his eyes again. ?But I can?t deny that I agree with him.?
  16. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow..this chapter was so good! Clee and especially Garen are really helping Obi-Wan (and Qui-Gon)...and the way you are writing it is very good, believeable.

And Obi is making progress...=D=
  17. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I echo Obimom - a really, really good chapter. Things are improving.

Extraordinarily well done!
  18. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    The wall around both of them is cracking and hopefully, Obi and Qui will realise they are meant for each other.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Yesness! Clee put a few little things to think about into Qui's mind to stew over :p

She's right - he and Obi-wan can heal one another and bring a richness neither one of them has yet experienced in such a relationship.

:)

20. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Did Sarra ever eat this much?? Clee asked desperately.

?Not usually.? Qui-Gon laughed.

?Good. Maybe I?ll get a female Padawan next time.?

?Thinking of replacing me already Master? I?m hurt.? Garen said disapprovingly.

[face_laugh] Love the exchange here and the easy banter between Garen and Clee. That's what it should be like. Hopefully Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will reach that state, too, eventually.

?And what, may I ask, is wrong with the food in the cafeteria, my young Padawan??

Uh...dangerous question! :D

?It?s just...? Garen hesitated. Master Rhara was good friends with the head cook. ?It?s just, not nearly as good as yours, my Master.?

[face_laugh] Smooth answer!

?With all due resect, Master.? Garen said politely. ?I know Obi-Wan very well. Enough to know that he will avoid this problem like the Numerian Plague. This is the only way that he will get past this. Better now with a friend, than later with an enemy.?

Got to agree with Garen. It will be easier for Obi-Wan if it's a person he likes. Even Qui-Gon is still unfamiliar.

I like how independant Garen is from his Master (even though she might hate it). He knows what he wants to do and has the self-confidence to go along with it.

Obi-Wan?s suspicion - filled eyes snapped open, staring hard at Qui-Gon. ?It this why you sent for him?? he asked, his voice dangerously quiet.

[face_worried] Oww, he's still suspicious of Qui-Gon. :(

?Yes it is. I?m not going to enter your mind. Force, Obi. That?s not even possible except between Masters and Padawans. I just want to touch, just like when we were little.?

That's a smart move here. Start small.

Garen slapped him in the arm. ?Oh lighten up, Obi.?

?Shut up, Muln.? Obi-Wan said with a hint of a smile on his face.

*beams* Obi isn't mad at him. [face_love]

?Up, Muln.? Clee told her Padawan sternly. Garen looked as if he was getting himself under control, but one look at Obi-Wan found him on the floor again. Obi-Wan threw a pillow at him, huffing.

I love this part. Obi and Garen's interaction is just.... [face_love] I love how Obi looses up.

As he stood up, Garen?s composure returned and he grinned at the pair. Obi-Wan was standing so close to Qui-Gon that the two Jedi were almost touching. Qui-Gon was standing slightly behind the boy with a hand on the boy?s shoulder protectively. Garen was filled with gratitude for this Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Love seeing Garen's view here. And Qui-Gon is indeed the perfect Master for Obi.

?Whatever you?re doing, Master Jinn, keep doing it.?

Awww! [face_love]

?Clee!? Qui-Gon warned, but it was too late. The Force blast that had formed around the Initiate, although dulled by pain and fatigue, knocked the unsuspecting Master from her feet.

Wow! Obi-Wan is so strong in the Force!
    But I'm shocked he reacted so...badly. But he wanted to protect his friend.... :(

?Obi-Wan, you must understand the concept that not all Jedi are like your previous Masters.?

It would be terrible if they all were like his first masters.

He turned to Clee and looked her in the eye. Bowing, he simply said ?Master Rhara, I apologize for my actions. I wasn?t thinking. I hope I didn?t harm you.?

I like how he immediately apologized. He's got his heart in the right spot.

?The truth, Obi-Wan,? Clee said, talking through the boy?s panic. ?Was that I was going to pull on it.? Alarm shot through the boy. ?Hush not.? she chided. ?Let me finish. I was going to pull on it. But not out of anger, not out of spite, and never to punish. It?s an affectionate gesture, something that a surprising amount of Masters pick up. ?She looked at Qui-Gon. ?You tugged on your Padawan?s braids, didn?t you.? It was more of a statement than a question.

Love this part! Seriously, why did the Jedi think Masters would not get attached to their Padawans?

?Garen, no more mind-touching for today. And I don?t suggest you try while he?s asleep. You won?t be happ
  21. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    obimom: Wow...this chapter was so good! and Valairy_Scot: a really really good chapter
    *Bows* Thanks. This, so far, is my favorite chapter.[face_love]

Jade_eyes: She's right.
    Yeah...:) Clee makes me happy, if I do say so myself:D

Chilla: I can assure you that you are one of the faster writers here at the board.
    Lol, yeah. I figured that out as I was waiting...waiting...waiting for another update for the story I'm reading.

So, here is my gift to you, my readers:
    An update before I'm dragged away for a weekend of hell. Enjoy, because I sure won't XD
  22. Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chapter 9: ?I know this will be temporary? (Can?t Take It, All American Rejects)

Obi-Wan woke up with a luxurious stretch, grinning as alertness flooded his mind. He hadn?t slept that well in a very long time. Longer than he cared to think about. Glancing at the chrono, he sat up and gingerly tested his leg. It had stiffened up again, and there was a dull throbbing, but he could walk without help. He followed his stomach to the kitchen as his nose detected the enticing smell of food. He was surprised to see Master Rhara, but no Qui-Gon.

?Where?s Master Jinn?? he asked, looking around.

?Meditating.? she replied while preparing breakfast.

?Still?? asked Obi-Wan. In his experience, Master Jinn usually awoke much earlier that Obi-Wan himself. Seeing that the chrono now read 09:38, he wondered how the Master could still be meditating.

?He has a lot on his mind.? she said mildly. ?Where?s Garen??

?Well, if he?s not here, I assume he?s? still asleep?? Obi-Wan said with a laugh. Clee sighed and walked to Garen?s door.

?Muln!? she bellowed, pounding on the door. There was a startled curse and a thump as Obi-Wan presumed that the boy had fallen out of his bed. He Hastily exited his room a few moments later, still trying to put on his tunic. Obi-Wan laughed as he watched his friend attempt to stick his head through an arm hole.

Garen winced. ?Not so loud Obi-Wan.?

Clee smirked. ?You were warned.?

?I know.? Garen replied despondently. ?I couldn?t help myself.?

?You should have been able to help it. You?re a Jedi, not some mindless vagabond.?

?What?s wrong, Garen?? Obi-Wan asked curiously.

?You my friend, have incredible mind shields.?

?Garen.? Obi-Wan pointed out. ?I don?t have any shields.?

?Maybe not when you?re awake.? Garen touched Obi-Wan?s mind to prove his point, ignoring his friends flinch and glare. ?But when you?re asleep...? he shook his head in awe. ?I tried to brush your mind after you fell asleep. I got in, but then, it was like...spikes? Yeah, spikes that completely shoved me out of you head. It hurt.? he added mournfully.

?I did warn you.? Qui-Gon walked in the door. ?Did I not warn him??

?You did.? Clee agreed. ?I think there?s a lesson to be had in this Padawan, don?t you think? Maybe...? she stroked her chin in mock concentration. ?Listen to advice when it is given? Or, obey your Masters, or conquer your ceaseless curiosity, or - ?

?Alright!? Garen exclaimed. ?I get the point.?

//Do you?// Clee asked.

Garen winced. ?Clearly, Master.?

?How?s your leg?? Qui-Gon asked his charge.

?Better than yesterday.? Obi-Wan said. ?I?m not limping.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?How about a sparring match later??

Obi-Wan?s eyes lit up as anticipation and excitement rolled in the Force around him. He glanced at Garen and Rhara. ?There?s four of us...? he suggested slyly.

Qui-Gon grinned. ?Exactly what I had in mind.?

Obi-Wan scarfed his food in record time, then left the table to get ready.

?You still have to wait for the rest of us.? Qui-Gon called, amused. Obi-Wan dismissed the comment with a wave. Qui-Gon shook his head and continued eating.

Garen soon followed Obi-Wan, having been informed of the morning?s plans by the excited Initiate. Qui-Gon felt a current of dismay from Obi-Wan. He was about to inquire what was wrong when he heard the rolling of thunder.

The boy trudged back. ?Does this mean that the spar is off?? he asked forlornly.

?Of course not.? Qui-Gon said, clearing his and Clee?s dishes. ?We?ll just get a bit wet our there.?

?A bit?? Garen called incredulously. ?It?s pouring outside!?

?Oh man up, Muln.? Clee said standing. ?A little water never hurt anyone. Now go adjust your ?saber.?

Garen stalked off, muttering. Obi-Wan shook his head, not understanding how someone could dislike ?saber practice.

When he saw Qui-Gon walk out of his room with his lightsaber in hand, Obi-Wan beamed and darted out the door.

?Don?t overwork yourself.? Qui-Gon called smiling.

?Yes sir.? came the faint reply.

Qui-Gon shook his head at the boy?s exuberance and followed him outside. He set the Initiate on
  23. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6

Obi-an walked towards the ?fresher. He started, tensing until he felt the emotion filling his mind. Gratitude. Puzzled, he looked back at Qui-Gon.

?For allowing me in...and for understanding.?

?Always.? the boy whispered before adding ?I...I don?t want to leave.?

Qui-Gon stood up and embraced they boy. ?I know he said. ?But we can?t run away forever. Now go on.? he told him. Obi-Wan disappeared into the ?fresher.

Qui-Gon stood looking at the closed door. He had never felt so cruel in his life.

Ah, Qui-Gon, you've just told YOURSELF something very important. You can't run away forever; listen to the Force.

I so love the relationships in this story - just an excellent, excellent job - I hate it when the chapter ends, I'm so immersed in what's happening. That, my friend, is a gift and a sign of an excellent writer.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    I agree with Valairy! And your dialogue is excellent also =D= The emotions are perfectly sketched, not over or under done =D=

With hurt/comfort, it can be very easy to go overboard LOL

@};-
  25. Chilla Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful update! [:D]
    It makes my day!

I love that Obi-Dobi finally let Qui-Gon into his mind. The interaction between them while sparring was great, too. They are made to be Master and Apprentice. *sighs* Now Qui-Gon just has to take a leap of faith. I think it's a good thing he feels bad right now - hopefully that will show him he actually wants to be Obi's Master.

Lol at Garen. I figured he would try at night anyway. :D

I'm curious what will happen when they return to Coruscant. Will Qui-Gon take some action against Obi's previous masters?

=D= Oh, can you add me to the PM list, please?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade