main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Don't let me fall (JA fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Sep 11, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! Loved the welcomes Obi-wan got from Bant and Aiya. :D Enjoyed muchly the easy banter between he and Qui-Gon.

Someone needs to string his former masters up by their - erm ... unmentionables :p o_O

@};- for very compelling chapter titles too. They really give me a clue as to what more or less to expect. This one for instance gave me an oopsy feeling. ;)

Hugs!!!

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I enjoyed Obi's return to the temple, and the greeting from Bant...very nice. Obi-Wan seems much more comfortable, but those nasty former masters won't leave him alone it seems.

Very nicely written. :)

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    The Mon Calamari pulled back as her silvery eyes filled with tears. ?Bant, what?s wrong?? Obi-Wan asked in concern.

?You hugged me back.? she whispered with a watery smile. Guilt and embarrassment flooded Obi-Wan.

[face_love] :_| That part if so sweet and sad at the same time. Love the reunion. But so sad because he couldn't hug her for a long time. I'm really glad Obi is healing.

Obi-Wan noticed immediately that the predominant color (besides the neutral beige of the walls) was green. There were plants everywhere.

I can see Qui-Gon living among lots of plants (and maybe animals). Surrounding himself with life.

His last and most precious possession he held reverently in his hands. His long fingers traced the contours of his ?saber, every detail memorized. He placed it gently on the small bedside table and walked out to the main room.

I don't know why, but when I read this I was afraid it would get stolen by one of his previous masters to hurt Obi-Wan.

?First, I like tea, and will drink a lot of it. You probably know this already, but I will drink a lot more than I did on Leyla.?

[face_laugh] Tea is an amazing drink. I'm actually preparing some fruit tea right now.

?As such, I sometimes take in guests, of a sort.? Obi-Wan suddenly and unexplainably had a bad feeling about that statement. Qui-Gon grew hesitant. ?I would appreciate it if you didn?t mention that bit to the Council.? he said slowly.

Uh. Wonder what he means? Maybe some Force ghosts?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?Wow.? he said thoughtfully. ?My first day back and I already have my first piece of blackmail!?

[face_laugh] Prizeless!

Qui-Gon?s eyes widened than narrowed as he glared at the boy. ?Obi-Wan Kenobi, don?t you dare.?

[face_laugh]
    Love the banter!

Qui-Gon?s curiosity was perked. ?I?m sorry, have we met before??

?No, I?m sorry. I?m Knight Jay Nahl.?

I knew he couldn't be far away!

I came by to tell you some things about your new apprentice.? Nahl?s gaze rested again on Obi-Wan and the boy found that he couldn?t break away from those cold eyes. ?Is there somewhere we could speak??

*snorts* Oh I bet he'll be telling Qui-Gon a lot of nonsense.

?Hello Master Aiya.? Obi-Wan said with a shy smile as he walked into her open arms. He was surprised to see that he was several inches taller than her.

?I haven?t seen you in many years.? she accused.

She doesn't know what he went through. :(

As he stepped into the hallway, he collapsed to his knees as pain knifed through his head. He vaguely heard someone calling his name, but then someone was in his mind, blasting through his fragile shields. He tried desperately to rebuild them, but the being crushed every attempt he made.

:_| I was afraid the mean masters would do that. I wish Qui-Gon could shield Obi-Wan. Prevent them from entering his mind.

=D= Great update once again. I hope Qui-Gon or yoda will finally take action and throughouly kick the former masters' butts! This is not the way any person should treat another being.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

i wonder what that other master said and I hope Qui-Gon can help Obi.

Great post.=D=

5. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Wow! Great couple of chapters. I want to know what the other Master said to Qui-Gon too.

6. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: AW, that was really heart warming
    *bows* Thanks very much @};-

Jade_eyes: Someone needs to string his former masters up by their - erm ... unmentionables :p o_O. @};- for very compelling chapter titles too.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I agree XD. And thanks about the chapters.

obimom: those nasty former masters won't leave him alone it seems.
    Nope. But would it be much of a story if they didn't? o_O

Chilla: I don't know why, but when I read this I was afraid it would get stolen by one of his previous masters to hurt Obi-Wan. Tea is an amazing drink.
    Kudos for the idea. [face_devil] And yes. Tea is amazing.

Gkilkenny: i wonder what that other master said and The1stJediPrincess: I want to know what the other Master said to Qui-Gon too.
    Patience, my dear readers. Patience

7. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Okay, I'm updating my PM list. If you aren't on here and you want to be, message me in a comment or PM.

Valairy_Scot

Jade_eyes

obimom

Chilla

Gkilkenny

The1stJediPrincess

On to the story:D

Chapter 14: ?Tell me what you want to hear.? (OneRepublic, Secrets)

Obi-Wan awoke to the beeping of his chrono and groaned. Qui-Gon had told him that he needed to re-adjust his sleeping patterns. He glanced at the chrono, with read fifth hour, and groaned again. How in the blazes did I ever get up this early? he thought groggily as he switched off the alarm. He laid in bed for another few minutes before forcing himself up. He looked out the window and was confused for a moment when he saw, not the hills and waterworks of Leyla, but the already hectic sky-lanes of Coruscant. He shook his head to rid himself of the remaining lethargy and bent to pick up the tunic he had discarded sometime during the night. He trudged through the hall to the ?fresher and regarded himself in the mirror. He had definitely filled out; only a slight hint of gauntness remained. The various scars criss-crossing his torso and back were beginning to fade, although, he realized with chagrin, the largest would probably remain permanent. With a scowl, he jammed his tunic on and walked to the kitchen.

He stopped short as he saw his Master talking to a human male, perhaps in his mid-forties.

?This must be him.? the man said with a smile. He had wavy chestnut hair with a subtle hint of red, kind hazel eyes with hints of mischief, and tanned, weathered features.

Obi-Wan looked confused until Qui-Gon answered for him. ?Yes, this is Obi-Wan.? he said, eyes glittering with amusement as he stared at his student. ?Obi-Wan Kenobi, this is Bennett Starchaser.?

Obi-Wan blushed and bowed. ?Pleased to meet you, Master Starchaser.?

The man snorted. ?Don?t ?Master? me. I?m no Jedi, I just fly you junkies around.?

Obi-Wan straightened in surprise. ?You?re a pilot!? he exclaimed.

?Yep.? he replied with a grin. ?All my life. And I have to say.? His face turned serious, but his eyes continued to laugh as he leaned forwards. ?I feel very sorry for you.? he said, placing his fist on his heart.

?Why?? Obi-Wan asked, staring at the curious gesture.

?To answer you unspoken question, it?s an old spacer salute, meaning something along the lines of ?I wish you luck, or good fortune?. To answer you other one,? he stopped and shook his head. ?The trouble your new Master gets into. Well, let?s just say you won?t be getting out without a few reminders. How do you Jedi say it? May the Force be with you.? he leaned back again. ? ?Cuz you?re gonna need it.?

Obi-Wan grinned as Qui-Gon glared at Bennett. He liked this man already. Garen would be all over him, with his interest in piloting.

He became aware of an insistent knocking against his shields. Speaking of Garen he thought wryly.

?Master, I think Garen?s back.? he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Qui-Gon just smiled. ?You may go. But be back for seventh hour.?

?Yes Master.? Obi-Wan said, bowing to his Bennett. He walked out the hallway and took the lift down to the fifth level that comprised of the docking bays. He lowered his shields and impatiently touched Garen back. Walking in through the hangar doors, he saw Garen virtually running down the ship?s ramp. Obi-Wan called his name, and Garen whipped around. A grin grew on his face as he ran to Obi-Wan. The latter jogged to meet his friend half-way where they embraced.

?You?re back!? Garen exclaimed happily.

Obi-Wan grinned and watched Clee Rhara stride up to them, her flaming hair blazing out behind her from the continual wind created by the engines.

?Hello Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan bowed. ?Hello Master Rhara.?

?I hope you?ll be staying longer this time.? she said with a raised eyebrow.

?I will if Master Qui-Gon has anything to say about it.? he replied with a grin.

Clee?s green eyes widened. She let out a sudden whoop and punched her fist in the air.

Garen, standing right next to her, jumped three feet in the air and glared at his

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Obi-Wan bowed. ?Hello Master Rhara.?

?I hope you?ll be staying longer this time.? she said with a raised eyebrow.

?I will if Master Qui-Gon has anything to say about it.? he replied with a grin.

Clee?s green eyes widened. She let out a sudden whoop and punched her fist in the air.

Garen, standing right next to her, jumped three feet in the air and glared at his Master.

?Master!? he complained. ?What?s wrong with you?!?

Clee fixed her Padawan with a piercing stare. ?What?s wrong with *you*?? she retorted. ?I thought you?d be happier for your friend.?

?I am happy he explained with exaggerated patience. ?But I don?t see why you?re so...? he waved his arms around helplessly. ?Explosive!?

Clee placed her hands on her hips and shook her head, realizing that Garen had missed the implications. ?Padawan, go back through the conversation and analyze it. Closely.?

Garen gave his Master a confused look, but did as he was told. His eyes popped back open a few moments later. ?Why did you call him ?Master Qui-Gon?? You aren?t allowed to do that.?

?No, you aren?t allowed to.? Obi-Wan replied, leaning against the hull of a Jedi Star-fighter. Seeing that Garen didn?t understand, he added ?Just as you Master is Master Rhara to me, but Master Clee to you.?

It took Garen another moment, but then he leapt into the air, letting out an exuberant ?Yes!?

Clee rolled her eyes. Obi-Wan just laughed. ?Force, Garen, you can be so thick sometimes!?

[face_laugh] So funny, so real, so right. That was great!

I like that pilot, too. Will he be showing up again?

9. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yaaaay! Another update! I've been a bit worried you might abandon this story. I'm glad you're not.

Chapter 14: ?Tell me what you want to hear.? (OneRepublic, Secrets)

Another great song! *sighs dreamily* Say, do you know "All Fall Down" by One Republic?

He glanced at the chrono, with read fifth hour, and groaned again. How in the blazes did I ever get up this early? he thought groggily as he switched off the alarm.

He has to get up that early on a regular basis? :eek: Poor Obi! That's terrible.

The various scars criss-crossing his torso and back were beginning to fade, although, he realized with chagrin, the largest would probably remain permanent.

I'm glad those are fading. I hope his inner scars are healing just as well.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, this is Bennett Starchaser.?

Aww, what an amazing name! Perfect. I love names like that.

?I feel very sorry for you.? he said, placing his fist on his heart.

I like this salute. Great detail! I love it every time an author adds something like that.

?The trouble your new Master gets into. Well, let?s just say you won?t be getting out without a few reminders. How do you Jedi say it? May the Force be with you.? he leaned back again. ? ?Cuz you?re gonna need it.?

Hihi. Guess Qui-Gon really gets into trouble with the Council a lot.

He became aware of an insistent knocking against his shields. Speaking of Garen he thought wryly.

[face_laugh] That's so like Garen! I really love the character you've created in Garen.

Walking in through the hangar doors, he saw Garen virtually running down the ship?s ramp. Obi-Wan called his name, and Garen whipped around. A grin grew on his face as he ran to Obi-Wan. The latter jogged to meet his friend half-way where they embraced.

It's so great to see that Obi-Wan is at ease with physical contact again.

[face_laugh] Clee's reaction is great!

Garen, standing right next to her, jumped three feet in the air and glared at his Master.

?Master!? he complained. ?What?s wrong with you?!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And Garen's reaction to her's is even better!

?But I don?t see why you?re so...? he waved his arms around helplessly. ?Explosive!?

*snickers* I can practically see his reaction in my mind. Great writing style!

Clee placed her hands on her hips and shook her head, realizing that Garen had missed the implications. ?Padawan, go back through the conversation and analyze it. Closely.?

I like how she let's him figure it out by himself.

It was the same layout as his and Qui-Gon?s but that was where the similarities ended. Instead of plants, the neutral walls were covered in bright abstract paintings. Rugs covered the floors and thick blankets covered the chairs and couches.

I also liked how you showed the difference between Clee and Qui-Gon in the interior design of their quarters.

?Bars of the doors.? Obi-Wan replied grinning. ?Instruments of torture, no color whatsoever...?

[face_laugh] Ohhh, I'm so happy Qui-Gon has his sense of humor back!

?Imagine a flame-haired woman with sparking eyes striding up to you in the middle of ?saber class, demanding to know if you wanted to be her Padawan or not.?

That would be quite a sight.

Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably. ?I wouldn?t exactly call them Bonds.? he muttered.

Neither would I.

Garen took the hint. ?Well, it?s strange.? he began awkwardly. ?It takes some getting used to. It?s like...? he struggled to put the sensation into words. ?It?s like, being two people at once.? Obi-Wan just looked confused, and Garen sighed. ?Okay. You are you, right? Your thoughts, your emotions, your memories; you are your own person, consciousness, soul, whatever. Are you following me so far??

I like this bond and how you've explained it. I hope Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will be able to experience this, soon.

?Cafeteria food is good for y

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A lovely and apt description of a bond =D= I'm sure at first it can be very daunting, but with the right pair of minds attuned to each other with the right motives, it can be a fantastic experience as well.

Woot for the Council meeting.

Yup, I agree Mace can take care of those thugs :p and Yoda could take them right to the cleaners LOL ;)

11. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: I like that pilot, too. Will he be showing up again?
    Oh yes. I'm becoming very attached to Bennett :cool:

Chilla: I've been a bit worried you might abandon this story.
    Oh no. I've been frustrated too many times by unfinished stories.

Say, do you know "All Fall Down" by One Republic?
    I do now [:D]

He would, the little toad.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes: A lovely and apt description of a bond =D=
    Thanks @};-

12. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Shortish for me, but fairly intense. One more chapter and the epilogue to go!

Chapter 15: ?Strong till you break.? (OneRepublic, All Fall Down)

?I just feel like something is missing!? Obi-Wan complained as he indicated his braid-less shoulder.

?I thought you wanted it gone.? Qui-Gon commented, glancing over at his student.

?Well, yes, I did. But is still feels...odd.?

?Not to worry, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon assured him with an amused smile. ?You?ll soon have a new one.? He paused, looking at the boy. ?I take it you want the cut and the braid before I install the Bond??

Obi-Wan nodded sheepishly. Qui-Gon pulled the boy up to stand in front of him.

?You?ve done this before, right?? Obi-Wan asked nervously. ?I mean, the style looks bad enough...?

?Padawan.? Qui-Gon interrupted lightly. ?I can shave it all off if you would like. Just so that you don't have to worry about it.?

Obi-Wan whirled around, horrified. ?Oh Force, no!? He glared at his Master, who was regarding him with laughing eyes.

?Then I suggest you stop talking.? Qui-Gon said. ?I had two other Padawans, one was male like you. I don?t think that I have gotten that rusty.?

Obi-Wan minced hesitantly back in place. He felt Qui-Gon?s large hands run through his ragged hair. He sighed in appreciation and relaxed. So lost was he in the soothing sensation that the sudden *snip* of the scissors made him jump.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon reproached. ?Hold still, or you will end up bald.?

?Sorry.? Obi-Wan muttered, embarrassed, before re-settling.

Qui-Gon made quick work of the boy?s soft hair, sighing in subtle regret as locks of the ginger hair fell to the floor. He brushed across Obi-Wan?s head, making sure he hadn?t missed any spots before turning the boy back around.

?You?re done.? he told him, before snipping off a long piece of his own hair and braiding it in a piece of thread. He led Obi-Wan to sit on the couch beside him. With a warning not to move, he held up the roped coil against the boy?s scalp behind his right ear and entered the embrace of the Force. It was a long arduous process; each strand of hair had to be individually secured into a matching hair follicle with the Force. This ensured that the hair grew as Obi-Wan?s own hair. The task could accurately described as boring, especially for the apprentice, and Qui-Gon was pleased when Obi-Wan dropped into meditation instead of fidgeting. When Qui-Gon had finally finished, several hours had elapsed. He gently took the shoulder-length braid in his hand and surveyed his handiwork. He was pleased to notice that all the hair laid straight. When he had integrated Xanatos? braid, a few strands had stuck out at odd ends until they had grown out. Satisfied, the Master gently tugged on the braid. Obi-Wan yelped and jumped up as he was startled out o his trance, shooting a glare worthy of Mace WIndu at the Master, whose deep, rich laughter reverberated around the room.

Sobering up, Qui-Gon motioned for Obi-Wan to inspect his new cut. Obi-Wan entered the ?fresher and regarded himself in the mirror. He sighed as he resignedly ran his hand through his newly enforced Padawan cut. He wondered what the ancient Masters had possibly been thinking when they had decided that it would be a good look for their apprentices. He was positive that none of the Padawans had had a say in the matter.

Obi-Wan?s eyes trailed over to the shoulder length braid laying just behind his right ear. He ran his fingers along it, and was surprised to see not only the white securing band that signified him as a Junior Padawan, but a black band at the braid?s base. He frowned; he was too new to have any form of accomplishment markers besides the white one. He walked out of the ?fresher, frowning in confusion.

When Qui-Gon saw his questioning look and the hand still fingering the black band, he smiled.

?For courage.? he said softly.

Incredulity flashed across Obi-Wan?s face. ?Master, I don?t deserve this!? he protested, beginning to remove the band. Qui-Gon quickly caught the boy?s hands in his own and touched his forehe

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stang, what was that? :eek: [face_worried] :(

I was so touched and happy etc. :D until whew!

That glorious experience quite spoilt :_| for both, but especially Obi-Wan.

I too have been frustrated by unfinished stories :p so applaud any author who finishes. @};-

Eagerly awaiting more.

:D

And Tahl, I really, really like her a lot.

I'd love to see an AU where she and Qui ignore that pesky no attachments rule [face_batting]

SQUEE!

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Just when all was going so well...at least Qui-Gon now knows what is going on, even if we readers don't yet.

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Evil deeds are afoot, bonded with an evil master who has an evil friend. I'm very happy Qui-Gon saw into their minds.

Well done.=D=

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Chapter 15: ?Strong till you break.? (OneRepublic, All Fall Down)

[face_laugh] Awww, just when we'd talked about this song!

?You?ve done this before, right?? Obi-Wan asked nervously. ?I mean, the style looks bad enough...?

[face_laugh]

?I had two other Padawans, one was male like you.?

I hope you didn't cut the girl's hair that short. o_O

?Hold still, or you will end up bald.?

Or missing an ear or two....

It was a long arduous process; each strand of hair had to be individually secured into a matching hair follicle with the Force. This ensured that the hair grew as Obi-Wan?s own hair.

Wow, I like this idea that the padawan's braid is made of his master's hair. But won't it look really strange if it's a different color?

He wondered what the ancient Masters had possibly been thinking when they had decided that it would be a good look for their apprentices. He was positive that none of the Padawans had had a say in the matter.

[face_laugh] Probably.

When Qui-Gon saw his questioning look and the hand still fingering the black band, he smiled.

?For courage.? he said softly.

[face_love] That part is amazing! =D= I love it and Obi-Wan really deserves this band.

Question: Did Obi's previous masters bond their hair to his? I can't see them doing such a thing.

He was disarmed and a little surprised at the amount of trust he saw in the boy?s eyes as Obi-Wan took a deep breath and nodded.

*is in fangirl heaven*

Qui-Gon knew he had made a mistake as soon as he had initiated the Bond. With increasing horror, he felt Obi-Wan?s back arch in agony as he gave a single cry before he fell horribly still.

No! :eek:

He was about to sever the Bond before he felt an insistent originating point in the torment of his Padawan. He hurriedly followed it, his mind racing through the winding corridors of the Temple. When he had located the origin, he rushed back to Obi-Wan?s mind and severed the bond - again realizing his mistake too late.

He tracked the source! Yes! But noooo to Obi's pain! How can his previous masters do such a thing to him?

Qui-Gon gave her the directions he had found from the link in Obi-Wan?s mind. ?Bring me all the names within a five-door radius.?

Yes! He's acting quickly.

Li?ohn.

No big surprise there.

It took him a moment to realize that they were coming from Bant, and not Tahl, who was still focused on Obi-Wan. He stared wonderingly at the natural little healer and nodded his thanks.

So they both are healers. Perfect Padawan-Master match.

?I have the proof we need to condemn Obi-Wan?s previous Masters.? he said softly.

While I'm glad he has a proof now, I wish it didn't have to come at such a big prize.

?He?ll be fine in a couple of days. He just needs rest.?

Hopefully this didn't leave any permanent damage.

Wow, what a rollercoaster! :eek: =D= Just when I thought everything would be fine. Can't wait for the next update!

17. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Jade_eyes: I'd love to see an AU where she and Qui ignore that pesky no attachments rule
    Is that a request? o_O Because I can if you really want me to.

Valairy_Scot: at least Qui-Gon now knows what is going on, even if we readers don't yet.
    Patience. All will soon be revealed

Gkilkenny: Evil deeds are afoot, bonded with an evil master who has an evil friend.
    So sure are you, of the true nature of events? o_O

Chilla: But won't it look really strange if it's a different color?...Question: Did Obi's previous masters bond their hair to his? I can't see them doing such a thing.
    Lol I thought of that after I had posted the chapter, especially with Garen/Clee. My explanation is this: as the years progress, the natural genetic color of their hair will overwrite the genetic combination of their masters. For the first few years though, the braid will be...colorful XD. However, grafting the braid is only done with extremely close pairs, such as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon or Garen and Clee. Tahl wove her hair into a sort of loop to be placed around Bant's head, seeing as Mon Calamaris have not hair. To answer your question, Nahl did, but Li'ohn just entwined his hair with Obi-Wan's.

18. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Chapter 16: ?Like sunlight burning in midnight, making my life something so beautiful, beautiful.? (Francesca Battistelli, Beautiful, Beautiful)

Qui-Gon sat in his apartment grimly reviewing the files he had borrowed from the Archives. He sat staring at the picture of Kett Li?ohn, confirming the image in Obi-Wan?s memories. The two images had the same light silvery-blue skin and ling black, braided hair, the same beady black eyes and narrow features. There was no doubt in Qui-Gon?s mind that it was the same man. He turned to Alask Amersu?s file, which had been retrieved with permission of the Council.

The boy had only been twenty-seven when he had died, just four years after the end of this apprenticeship. Qui-Gon shook his head in regret. The boy had been too young. The mission he had been on when he was killed was on Ansion, where two rival families had accused the other of kidnapping their heirs when in reality, the two had just eloped. Knight Amersu had been deployed, but had requested backup when things had spiraled out of control. The backup, Qui-Gon was surprised to learn that the team sent to help was Li?ohn and Obi-Wan. He would have thought the situation too volatile to send in a Padawan. Li?ohn and Obi-Wan had received minor blaster burns, but Alask had died.

Qui-Gon?s frown softened as he heard a rustling in Obi-Wan?s room and an inquisitive prodding in his mind.

?Hello, young one.? he said, walking into Obi-Wan?s room. ?How do you feel??

?Like I was trampled by a heard of bantha.? the boy muttered, sitting up.

?Where do you think you?re going?? Qui-Gon demanded, pushing Obi-Wan back down.

?I promised Garen I?d meet him for morning meal. With your permission, of course.?

?I will not allow that.? Qui-Gon said firmly.

?But - ?

?Padawan, it is well past morning meal.? Qui-Gon cut in.

Obi-Wan glanced at the chrono and gaped at his Master. ?Why did you let me sleep so late??

?Because you needed your rest. You were in great deal of pain.?

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?It?s not like it?s anything new.?

Qui-Gon frowned. ?What do you mean??

?It always hurts.? Obi-Wan stated blatantly. ?Well, not when I Bonded with Master Li?ohn, but all the other times it did. Why? Didn?t it hurt when you were Bonded??

Qui-Gon shook his head.

?Hm. Garen didn?t mention anything about it either.?

?That?s because it?s not normal, Obi-Wan. It?s caused when a Bond is made, but another Bond is already in place. You are still Bonded to your first Master.?

Obi-Wan paled. ?B-but...? he swallowed. ?He?s the voice inside my head, isn?t he??

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I?ve collected enough information to bring to the Council, but I need your permission first.? For what?? Obi-Wan asked, confused.

Qui-Gon fished a small crystal cube from his pocket and slid it inside a holo-player. Images and scenes began to play in the blue light. Obi-Wan?s eyes widened as he recognized the scenes that had haunted his dark thoughts and nightmares for two years. He closed his eyes, attempting to shut out the scenes, but he saw them on the back of his eyelids.

?Turn it off.? came his hoarse whisper. ?How did you get those?? he asked in a hard voice as the sounds died away.

?This is called a Mem-Cube.? Qui-Gon said, rolling the crystal in his fingers. ?It can be used to download memories.?

?That doesn?t answer my question.? Obi-Wan reiterated through gritted teeth.

Qui-Gon regarded the boy. ?When I initiated the Bond, your shields were gone. When the pain struck, your thoughts were no longer your own. I saw glimpses as memories flashed through your mind. It was no one?s fault.?

Obi-Wan calmed down, and leaned against the bed.

?Padawan, there is one more thing that I must know before I give this information to the Council.?

Wariness crept into Obi-Wan?s grey eyes.

?What happened on Ansion?? Qui-Gon asked quietly.

Obi-Wan?s face paled and he shook his head. ?Don?t ask me to remember that.? he pleaded.

Qui-Gon sat down across from Obi-Wan and enfolded the boy?s shaking hands in his own.

?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan. But I must know what happened.?

?I h

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well.

Um.

=D=

If that wasn't the ending, it could well be (with a sequel to follow?). I'm glad you didn't villify both prior masters - a nice twist there; one has to feel a bit sorry for Master Nahl. His revulsion and apology were nicely played - a man who did wrong with no intentions of doing so.

20. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    re: chapter 15

Whoa..that was intense!

Poor Obi-Wan!

It will be very interesting to see Qui-Gon confront Obi-Wan's tormentors, if that is what you have in mind. What kind of evil are they to torture poor Obi-Wan this way...and why him?

(Cause he's Obi-Wan, I guess..);)

I'll have to read ch. 16 later...I"m not able to be around as much. But I'll try to read the next chapter soon, maybe even tomorrow if I can.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful! Wonderful! Splendiferous!

=D= [face_dancing]

Terrific justice and fairness all around.

@};-

I love! the vividness and beauty with which you write about the Bond. :D :D

[:D]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Well done.[:D] Finally Obi-Wan has been freed from that vengeful Master, and with Qui-Gons help Obi-Wan will be the Jedi we all love .

=D=

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Obi-Wan shrugged. ?It?s not like it?s anything new.?

That's so sad. He's always in some degree of pain.

"It?s caused when a Bond is made, but another Bond is already in place. You are still Bonded to your first Master.?

Which explains why this Li'ohn can still make Obi's life hell, no matter how far away he is.

?You don?t want me as a Padawan, Master Jinn. I have the blood of a Jedi on my hands.?

Woah! Didn't see that coming!

?It was an accident, I swear, but Master Li?ohn never forgave me. And how could he?? he demanded suddenly. ?I killed his Padawan!? he finished brokenly.

That explains why Li'ohn tortured Obi so much. But that doesn't make it right.

?Master Li?ohn went against the wishes of the Council. He said that his Padawan was in danger, and he would be the one to get him out of it.?

:( And the drama unfolds....

?Sorry.? he apologized, rubbing his face tiredly. ?I wasn?t paying attention.?

?No.? a musical voice said. ?You never did.?

:eek: Noooo! Not this guy!

?I thought I made clear that you were unfit to grace these halls."

He doesn't know that Obi-Wan is a padawan.

A green blade passed through Obi-Wan?s vision. ?And you will never touch him again.? Obi-Wan almost sobbed with relief at Qui-Gon?s rich baritone. ?Put him down.?

Yes!!!

?Think twice.? a deep voice warned. Obi-Wan looked over to see Master Mace Windu standing behind them, his violet blade pointed at Li?ohn?s back.

Woa, Windu! Yay! I love Mace!

but his fear had been reduced to nervous wariness with the arrival of Qui-Gon?s presence.

That's a good sign. I'm so glad Obi-Wan trusts Qui-Gon so much!

Qui-Gon stepped forwards. ?I ask the Council to instill justice on Master Kett Li?ohn and Knight Jay Nahl for the unmitigated abuse of their previous apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

Finally: The moment I've been waiting for since Chapter 1.

Once again, the blue lights formed pictures, than scenes. Unable to witness what he had already seen, he looked down at Obi-Wan. The boy seemed unable to tear his eyes away from his own memories. His face was taut with old pain and tension, and Qui-Gon could feel the boy flinch slightly at every strike the scenes depicted, every beating, every invasion of the mind.

:_| Great part, but so sad.

//If I?m falling, I taking you down with me.//

Nooooo! :_|

Jedi Knight Jay Nahl was in shock; the world he had known had been ripped out from under him. He had watched the hologram in horror, had felt the numb disbelief when his Master had admitted to everything.

So he was never a really bad guy. Nice twist.

It was simply the raw agony and desperation that he felt from the innocent boy who was slowly slipping away.

That's so sweet that this is what made Nahl act. I also like that he didn't harm his master, but found a different way to stop him.

But I don?t want to go, he thought with a sudden overwhelming sadness.

I'm glad he doesn't want to go.

?I was just applying what I had learned.? he whispered helplessly, dead eyes on the ground. ?It was how my Master punished me, so that?s what I used with the boy.?

That part is sad, too.

?I was...I was falling.? he whispered. ?And I wasn?t coming back.? he looked at Qui-Gon. ?What if I fall again??

?I won?t let you.? Qui-Gon said firmly. ?I almost lost you once. I won?t let it happen again.?

Great part! Sad and touching, but also sweet!

Jay Nahl?s eyes held immeasurable grief. ?I suppose I deserved that.? he commented quietly.

I feel a bit bad for Nahl.

?Just doing what you knew.? he muttered tiredly. ?Your Master is at fault. He knew what he was doing.?

I just LOVE this part! Love how Obi forgives Nahl.

And for the first time in many years, he was completely unafraid.

Awesome!

Absolutely great update! [face_dancing] Fantastic! I really enjoyed this story hugely!

24. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Valairy_Scot: a nice twist there
    Yeah, he started out bad, but then I began liking him...

obimom: I'll have to read ch. 16 later
    No hurry

Jade_eyes: I love! the vividness and beauty with which you write about the Bond. :D :D
    *sighs dreamily* I've always loved the concept

Gkilkenny: Finally Obi-Wan has been freed from that vengeful Master, and with Qui-Gons help Obi-Wan will be the Jedi we all love .
    Yay happy ending XD

Chilla: That's so sweet that this is what made Nahl act. I also like that he didn't harm his master, but found a different way to stop him.
    Yeah, he's a pretty sweet guy.

This is officially the last update ^^ Thanks so much for actually sticking with this lol. It's meant a lot. If you want to be on the PM list for the sequel, PM me, or comment after the chapter.
    Thanks again! @};-

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    OH, yeah, PM list. I know (well, I did once) how feedback and PM requests feed the muse and I want your muse happy and satiated.