main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Don't let me fall (JA fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shira_Adola, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Epilogue: ?I?ll know my name as it?s called again.? (The Cave, Mumford & Sons)

He is lost. Lost in the movement; Lost in the moment; Lost in the stillness and quiet, concentrating on nothing. His calm mind focuses on the long movements, the contraction and relaxing of muscle, the extension of limbs. He is lost. And he is completely at peace.

A man stands silently off to the side of the mat, watching the young dancing youth in front of him in critical pride.

Obi-Wan Kenobi has done so well.

The Council had ordered the boy to the Mind Healers for intensive healing. He had been reluctant, to say the least, only going to his sessions when his Master had ordered. Even then, he had had to give his student the option of either going to the sessions or opening up and letting him see everything. Neither had wanted that latter option, so he had trudged through his hour-long sessions, three times a week for two months. Yesterday had been his last session. Healer Cara had told him with great satisfaction that Obi-Wan had finally come to terms with everything that had happened.

The tall Master nods to a corner where a grin flashes across the face of a figure covered in shadows. As the boy on the mat turns his back, the figure rushes out of the corner and leaps, activating a bright flash of blue as he swings down. Turning, the first boy yelps and dives out of the way as the blue blade of his opponent burns the mat where his head had been a split second ago. He comes out of his roll and hastily blocks a thrust as the other rains blow after blow with his weapon.

************************************************?
    They had celebrated Obi-Wan?s fourteenth birthday last month. Obi-Wan had been surprised when he received his gift from Qui-Gon.

?We don?t really celebrate birthdays in the Creche.? Obi-Wan had explained, seeing his Master?s inquiring gaze. ?As a Padawan...well at best, I was ignored. At worst...? he trailed off, shuddering, the look of sorrow and pain flitting briefly across his face. Qui-Gon had sent the boy comfort through their still new training Bond. Obi-Wan?s eyes regained their normal green-blue and he looked up at his mentor.

?I?m alright.? he said with a gentle smile. Qui-Gon answered with a smile of his own and handed his apprentice a small box. The boy took it with a questioning look. He opened it and Qui-Gon almost laughed aloud at the puzzled look that crossed his face. Obi-Wan raised the object out of the box with the Force, not even utilizing a wave of the hand.

Qui-Gon shook his head at Obi-Wan?s skill and control.
    If only he would utilize that control in his training, he thought wryly.

Obi-Wan rotated the rock in the air. ?It?s beautiful.? he said, staring at the black shot through with veins of green, blue, and gold. He dropped it into his hands and gasped as the cold stone instantly warmed on his palm. ?It?s Force-sensitive!? he exclaimed.

Qui-Gon smiled, taking pleasure in his Padawan?s delight. ?It?s a river stone from my home-planet.?

The boy parries, blocks, thrusts, jumps, quickly regaining control of the dance, his fluid movements controlled and precise. A playful smirk plays across his lips as his opponent glares and rolls his eyes, blocking with increasing desperation as the tables are once again turned against him. Flashes of blue light dance along the Weapons Saale as the two boys fight for dominance.

?Master.? Obi-Wan called.

?Yes, Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon looked up from his book at Obi-Wan?s lack of response. ?Obi-Wan?? The boy was leaning against the wall, nervously playing with the braid behind his right ear.

Qui-Gon stood up and knelt down in front of him. ?What is it, young one??

?It?s just...well...I never really thanked you.? the boy said softly.

Qui-Gon smiled and brushed his apprentice?s cheek. ?Obi-Wan, you don?t have anything to thank me for.?

Surprise c

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    OK, just read up to the epilogue, which I will read soon. Intense, adn that was good to show that Nahl was only doing what he was trained in himself...that he didn't realize it was abuse and torture till he saw it in the council chambers. Maybe there's hope for him next.

Now Obi-Wan can heal and become the awesome Jedi we all know him to be...:D

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    All's well that ends well, you gave a good explanation as to how Li'ohn managed to over power Obi-Wan with the holocron
    good job.=D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Warm gentle close, Shira. :D :D =D=

Eagerly!!!!! awaiting the sequel!

Big huggles!

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Finally caught up to the end of this, now I can begin your sequel! :)

Loved the way you wrote this epilogue ... and loved that Obi-Wan has Qui-Gon now, and not the cruel master he had.

Wonderful to see Obi-Wan almost recovered. Loved it. =D=