main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jabba-wocky, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I'm really gonna miss Qlem Lorrn. That guy had so much potential. Remember when he singlehandedly saved Kashyyyk from being eaten by Darth Nihilus's thirty-second clone? What a hero.

DelRiego likes this.
  2. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Since so many of the things I didn't care for (Boba Fett back from the dead, the Sith as cut-off-one-head-two-more-shall-take-its-place unkillable secret society) will probably be back, I'll just say "the entire post-NJO" and leave it at that. What an utter trainwreck of an era. Yes, I know I'm not the first or the last to say it, but good God is it worth saying again. (Sorry, Mercy Kill).

Also, Lord Nyax. The only bad thing Aaron Allston ever wrote.

DarthBarrister likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    But I want a ten-foot-tall villain who can shoot lightsabers out of his....

Never mind.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So you wanted a bump 'n' grind lightsaber duel? [face_hypnotized]

Desha Dorvan likes this.
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Dark Empire

Liked the art, liked the writing itself. Hated the idea of Palps surviving beyond ep VI.

Unfortunately, for all I know, ep vii could do it again.

aleja2 likes this.
  6. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013

While I wouldn't be surprised if a Sith was the villain, I hope not.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Silly_Dan

Silly_Dan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I'm honestly not sure if Legends Lando was mad at Legends Han during ESB because he took the Millennium Falcon (my impression from the movies), or because of the events of Rebel Dawn, Underworld: The Yavin Vassilka, or Scoundrels. Or was Lando just very very patient? Meanwhile, Han had at least three separate run-ins with bounty hunters on Ord Mantell.

Kind of looking forward to there being just one explanation for those events....

leiamoody likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I took it to mean the events on Ylesia in RD and the Yavin Vassilka. Scoundrels works but stretches things a bit too much.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Honestly? I've been half expecting that ever since Spider-Maul.

They've tested the waters now with bringing a Sith back from the dead in a more mainstream form like TCW... it's not exactly a stretch to imagine they might do it again.

10. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Which, again, shows why we should all set our expectations low or just not have any.

11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Thinking more, it is hard for me to be glad about anything I dislike being gone, because some of the things I like are things that other people dislike - so some people must like what I dislike. And I enjoy other people having the stories that are entertaining for them. After all, it is not like I have to read/watch them...being happy that other people are denied something they like just seems so...petty and spiteful. Especially if I lose my favorites in the process.

......................all that said, I suppose I really prefer Darth Bane looking like this:
    [​IMG]
    Rather than this:
    [​IMG]

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering Bane hasn't worn Orbalisk Armour for 10 years, by the time of Dynasty of Evil, it makes sense that a TCW version of his spirit wouldn't have it.

13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I thought it was definitely the events of Rebel Dawn.

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Things I won't miss:

Lumiya's clone [face_mischief], the Wonder Twins and Atom Anakin, das Ubersmurf, Galaxy-Spanning Threat of the Week TM, Super-Duper Weapon of the Week TM, the idea of Luke being a half-trained n00b, how many times has the Emperor almost been assassinated/overthrown? Darth Vader getting punk'd/whooped up on by anyone, Sith apprentice Luke, the Emperor Reborn, Luuke, making entire star clusters explode with your mind, how many times has Coruscant been sacked?, the gimpification of Luke Skywalker, Rhett, Mandos lecturing Jedi...

And the NJO/Legacy/FotJ novels. Each. And. Every. One of them!

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    When does Yavin Vaskilika take place in relation to that?

16. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    TFU, SOTE, The IG-88/Death Star thing (possibly the single most silly storyline) NJO, Dark Nest, LOTF and Traviss's novels (with the exception of Hard Contact). I'm glad I never started with FOTJ.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    During the period between Han asking Lando for a loan (after his Kessel Run and jettisoning of spice), and Bria dying on Toprawa.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. Making sure.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'll be happy to see the end of the ysalamiri. The Force is an all-encompassing energy, you shouldn't be able to negate it by draping a lizard over your shoulder. And now, you can't, since the ysalamiri don't exist in canon anymore. :D

Also, I'll be happy to see the end of Palpatine's army of darksiders. There should only be two Sith, and maybe an Inquisitor and a Hand, since TCW showed us that Sidious didn't have an issue with Dooku using Ventress as an assassin, until she became too powerful.

darklordoftech, cwustudent and Mange like this.
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I wish I could like this post twice.

21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Everything in the Crystal Star
    Lord Nyak
    Dyzm/Droches

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Calintz_Neos

Calintz_Neos Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2014
  23. Darth 1138

Darth 1138 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2014

The Rule of Two is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules.

To lose:
    Post-NJO, apart from a few select works
    The Traviss-TCW Mandalorian confusion
    Jedi Prince, The New Rebellion, Callista Trilogy, Crystal Star - the less refined post-ROTJ EU

To keep:
    Pre-ROTJ pretty much everything, in particular Darth Bane, KOTOR I - II, Luceno books
    The Rogues and the Wraiths as close to the original sources as possible. Those characters were good

24. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    That was my only beef with Scoundrels. "Ocean's Eleven in space" was a fantastic concept and I liked the story overall, but I groaned at having Han and Lando together again, knowing that Status Quo Is God dictated that they would have to somehow get mad at each other again and end up where they started. Would've actually preferred to see it as a Lando story, myself.

But what the hell, even though I'd have made different choices, I still enjoyed it.

25. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    Most things post NJO for me. I really don't wanna let Waru go. He should have been in FOTJ instead of Abeloth.

aleja2, Zorrixor and Force Smuggler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.