main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jabba-wocky, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If it had just been Lando, maybe we would've had room for a few more characters on the front cover. :p

Although I admit I do like Lando's snazzy black-and-red getup on the cover. But Kell and Winter look way too old to be their current ages. Winter should look like Leia, at least a little, and Kell shouldn't look the same as he does in TERC's illustration of him. But it is cool that they got his height right, as Kell was stated to be very tall IIRC.

[​IMG]

2. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Starkiller
    Starkiller's clones
    Palpatine's clones

3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    -galaxy of fear
    -jedi prince

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Death Star

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought it was established that they don't actually negate the Force, it's just that they create a sort of dampening field that interferes with a Force-sensitive's ability to use the Force.

aleja2 likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Some manifestations of it cut out entirely when they enter the field.

Outside it, C'baoth can throw lightning fine - it shoots toward Thrawn - but vanishes before it reaches him.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    The NJO. And everything written by Del Rey after that. I'm sorry to see Anakin Solo, Tahiri Veila, Jaina Solo and Jag Fel de-canonized, but seeing how they were killed off or their characters destroyed by Del Rey, I think being declared non-existant might be the better fate.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I just listened to No Prisoners and though I like my Gilad in general, the book was very slow and I simply don't care about the Clones the way they're being handled. Dull.

9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The Empire making people forget about the Jedi. I'm sorry but people don't forget things in 20 years no matter what their government tells them.

(In before "Han didn't know about the Jedi.")

darklordoftech and cwustudent like this.
  10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement. Not everyone readily knew about the Jedi to begin with, anyway.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bye Vong, NJO and Chewie's death by moon! See you in canon hell!

12. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    (potentially unpopular opinion) Force Ghosts not being permanent. Undermines the whole point of them.

13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Everything Troy Denning wrote.

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I wouldn't miss TCW, but that is staying... oh well.

I won't miss Darth Caedus. And random Luke's exes.

There were weak moments of EU, but I really enjoyed a lot of it. Especially the characters. Loss of characters like Mara, Solo kids, Thrawn and Jag (and with them Legacy) weighs on me more than the loss of stories themselves.

aleja2 likes this.
  15. ElanMars

ElanMars Jedi Master star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    I thought it made sense on that first Purge comic-Darth Vader being relatively new, and going against a bunch of Jedi, plus one master. I liked that little dude, Tsui Choi, and the damage he inflicted.

After seeing Revenge of the Sith, and reading that story...I thought it would make a WHOLE LOT more sense for Yoda to wuss out of the fight with Sidious, if say, a whole bunch of clone troopers showed up and began firing, on top of dealing with Sidious.

But unfortunately, it's canon. Yoda is a wuss. He had been doing so well in that fight too...

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Not wanting to fight doesn't make someone a wuss.

17. ElanMars

ElanMars Jedi Master star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    Then why confront him at all, and say his rule was at an end?

The way it was filmed/shown, Yoda was holding his own just fine, and then after the loss of his lightsaber and balance (how "poetic"), was like "K, CHANGED MY MIND, L8R".

But that's all very much a discussion for the prequel forum, which I'm sure has been gone over countless times.

18. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    And troops showed up immediately after he left, making it clear that had he climbed back up it would've been him vs Sidious and however many clone troopers, with more reinforcements coming. Being a Jedi Master it takes no stretch to say Yoda sensed the troops on the way. I thought it was clear that it was a fight he couldn't win, but went with every intention of doing so. Just like he went with every intention of taking Dooku down on Geonosis, but failed to do so. Just didn't work out that way, because Sidious was just as strong as him, and of course had the high ground.

19. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    All those little niggles that I thought undermined the films/setting. All that Anakin Vader foreshadowing; those prequel-era Jedi being around after A New Hope; Bail Organa being on the Death Star; Staarkiller on Dagobah; IG-88 becoming the Death Star; flow-walking/time travel; New Jedi Order becoming a repeat of the old order and so on.

darklordoftech, cwustudent and aleja2 like this.
  20. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Quite right. People that realise when is the time to fight and when it isn't, are far wiser than those who charge into every battle they find themselves into

Revanfan1 and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Plus, it seems many discount there is more than simply 'physical warfare' when it comes to 'fighting' something. Conflict needn't always be so outwardly violent. Being a peace keeper or diplomat is also quite a challenge. Working for *peace* isn't easy.

22. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

On the contrary, working for peace is much more harder than fighting. Everyone can start a war. Not everyone can put a halt to it though

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Where to begin...

Boba Fett's "resurrection" and glorification, Yuuzhan Vong, general disregard for the movies and respective characters/events/factions, Palpatine's "resurrection", Mandalorians (whenever they were glorified and/or presented as Boba Fett's copycats), vibroswords, Kreia, Sith Force Ghosts, the term "Dark Jedi", etc...

There are certainly more things I glad to see gone, but I can't name them right now.

I'll "miss" Kyle Katarn and Shadows of the Empire though...

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Or Valance (though he ultimately won that one).

25. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    Everything post-NJO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.