main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Don't mean to sound like a tool...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Kozzai_Wasspri, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozzai_Wasspri

Kozzai_Wasspri Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Don't blame ya'll for not thinkinghighly of me but i must reveal the truth.

Evey body was so worried about seeing a digital print of AOTC at Shopwcase springdale that they failed to relize that AMC is holding two midnight showing s of AOTC as of fir morning at 9 am. I was there in line. but IO really don't no if there sold out of the midnight showing. i saw spidey yesterday and they had a listing of times up untill the 24th. the midnight wasn't sold out as of last night. so good luck to all of you. I plan on seeing AOTC in digital, but i'd rather SEE it in thatfirst place then wait to see it and go through all the hassle of figureing out weither or not a theatre chain, which isn't the best around and is nortoriouss for screwing their patrons, and whose prices are nothin short of obscne to see it in digital.

a hypothetical..

if GL annouced to day that he's already made E3 and was releasing all six movies on video, and only DVD at suncoast video, in one week. would you see it on video and wait for the DVD craze to calm down, or would you run around like a bunch of chickens trying to figure out if the runor was true that he ws only relesing it on VHS.while the DVD is only sold and overpriced mall chain-stores???

anyway, just trying to send some truth. Hope every body had fun at C2.

advice from me? go and get tickets at AMC, and wait for the digital. tickets are cheaper anyway.

2. Raktajino

Raktajino Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, you sound like a tool.

But, you were smart and you do have tickets.

One question: while the tickets may be cheaper at AMC, you still have to pay for parking on the levee so it's not cheaper to see it down there.....unless you know of cheap or free parking.

3. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I see your point. However when Showcase Springdale is only 5 minutes away, I'm going to make every effort to try and get tickets there first instead of driving all the way down to AMC Newport. That's why I'm ticked off at Springdale for not giving some definite information out, even if it is really bad news. At least then I COULD make plans to see it at AMC Newport at the midnight showing before it sells out.

4. Kozzai_Wasspri

Nov 26, 2001
    Parking is a buck. and I ment to sound like a tool. when I heardabout the one print then no prints and a pissing match betweene NA and LFL, I too was disheartened. but I rely on the old tried and tue method of adapt and overcome. and the KISS method.

Keep It Simple Stupid

5. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I didn't find out myself till Friday afternoon tickets were already selling for AMC. We had heard before leaving Thursday that Showcase was selling them on Monday.

I want to see the print in Digital. That is my perferance, cheaper ticket or not. Either direction is 40 minutes for me to drive, and we had already started laying the foundation for the Premier Party a month ago. It was because of Lucas/Fox Film not telling theaters what times would be or when tickets went on sale, that left not only us in the dark but thousands of fans all over.

I'm glad you got tickets, and I'm sure we will too. I'm just going to be patient, and when I get them I get them, and when I do I'll be happy.

Lotus!

6. Kozzai_Wasspri

Nov 26, 2001
    MMMMM?

I thought you weren't going to leave for C2.

if you stayed here and not gotten involved you might have gotten tickets to the only midnight showing in town, but? oh well.

caught in another lie i guess

well i guess you did go afster all, the least you could have done is call jedi mike, from what he said you had his number.

leqavbing a friend behind is about the lowesty thing one can do.

7. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have tickets for midnight at AMC, a friend went and got them for amber and i while we were at C2.

HOWEVER I must say that after that showing if springdale does get the digital print, that is where I will see every single subsequent viewing.

I went to the 8 minute showing in digital at C2...amazing!!! they also showed the clone war trailer. I've seen the clone war trailer several times at the theater, but I saw it for the first time at c2 if you catch my meaning. There is absolutely no comparison what so ever. I am a believer in digital projection and will rally behind lucas in the push to advance this until every major city has at least one, and then every theater has one until finally we can see movies the way we deserve to see them; just as the director intended.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I'd love to attend a midnight showing, but my commitment is to see the movie with my girlfriend and her plane does not land until 11:30 am on thursday.

9. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Listen, Kozzai_Wasspri.

This has to stop now. Airing this out in the open is only going to stir up more crap in this forum. Now, I have read everything from both sides on this, and again, this has to stop because first and foremost, this isn't your business nor is it anyone else's. This is between jedimike421, LovelyLotus, ImperialRecruiter, and Qui-Gon_Ludo. This had no direct impact on you, so let's leave it be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.