main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don't Panic! Your Helpful Map of the JC is here! Revised Revised Revised Edition

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cobranaconda, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    The JC Map MMVII

Yes, that time again. It?s been a year since the last of these, and there have been quite a few changes around here since then. A couple of changes in my format as well, I?m not going to put the modlists in this time, because they keep changing :p Another note is that not all forums have indices, and so, where they aren?t linked to, they don?t exist. Or, in some cases, such as fanfic, there are only incomplete indices of completed stories, which are right at the top of the page and you can find yourselves :p

Anyway, I shall once again thank Jedi_Washington, for the first of these, myself, for the 2nd, 3rd, and now 4th of these, Jedi_Daniel, for letting me post it, and all the oldbies who keep linking to it. Also, dArTh_wenley, who I just discovered made one of these before Washington :p

dArTh_wenley?s Map
    Jedi_Washington?s Map
    Cobranaconda?s First Map
    Cobranaconda?s Second Map

And now, onto the map:

Welcome

Welcome New Users

Of course, this is where you are if you?re looking at this map. It?s the start, the beginning, the birth of a hopefully long JC career. The WNU serves as a gateway into the rest of the forum, and it allows the newbies time to contemplate where to post, what to post, and also to make some friends, and have fun.

There are also many social threads and fun places in the WNU, and they?re all nicely detailed in the Index, but I?ll try to give a quick overview of what they are.

The Newbie Welcome Party ? Where you can introduce yourself and have lots of fun.

The Hug Thread ? Where to go if you need to give or receive a hug.

Getting To Know You ? Asking questions and finding answers about newbies and oldbies alike.

The Pillow Fight ? Where to go if you feel like hitting something, but softly :p

Teh Mole Game ? The WNU?s long running and popular game.

Practice Markup Codes ? Test out your markups.

Newbie Adoptions ? Possibly the most important thread in WNU, helpful for finding yourself a guide around the boards. It?s currently run by the brilliant Skiara, PM her if you want to be adopted, or if you want to be an adopter, oldbies :p

Jedi_Daniel is the WNU?s moderator, and will help with any newbie-ish queries you have. Likewise, he makes sure the WNU forum doesn?t get cluttered with spam and other bad stuff.

Star Wars Films and Lucasfilm Projects

Classic Trilogy

The forum for discussing the classic era of Star Wars, 1977-1983, and the films Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Also discuss the changes and revisions that George has made over the years :p

There are many threads in here, so here is the Index, that wil

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Very nice. Thanks for the hard and awesome work!

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Absolutely gorgeous. Cobra, I salute you, and you know what for. :D :p

4. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    Awesome!!! :)

Must have took a lot of work! :p

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    And what happens to all the face_tongues if the old rule about limiting the number of faces per post? :p

Well done! :D

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I don't know, but in the preview there were a lot of smileys without the actual face, just the text :p

Only about 5 days. That's 4 days longer than my last two, a) because of coursework, and b) because I'm slightly lazy :p

And Tyi, Lamingtons forever! :p

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Good that you understood me although I haven't finished my question. Would love to know what I distracted me that much. :p

...gets reinstated? (the original ending)

;)

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Impressive. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.