main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Don't Stare Now...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by blankpixels, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blankpixels

blankpixels Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Hi everyone. [face_dancing] Found these boards a little while ago and decided to register. I hope to make friends and become a useful member of this community. Now that thats out of the way, I figure I might as well warn everyone...

I'm strange. I'm the person your mom told you not to point at as you were in the grocery store when you were younger. =P~ Haha just kidding. My oddness (usually) falls under the "geeky" category, so I figure I'll fit in pretty well. Let the newb days begin! (And the long nights of SW discussions!) [face_coffee]

And for what it matters, my fave movie is ESB

Alrighty!

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Welcome, kid. This place is pretty cool. As a resident, I feel obliged to tell you about the Role Playing Forums. I would get you a link, but I'm pretty lazy. Either way, it's easy to find. Again, welcome to TF.N.

3. blankpixels

Apr 7, 2008
    found it under "quick jump"

:)

By the way, I'm curious as to whether or not I should start posting around the boards or hang in the "welcome" area for awhile. Im eager, but I dont want to seem pretentious.

(Am I supposed to alert when I edit my messages? This was edited to add a question. Stopped myself from bumping :D)

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Howdy, blankpixels. Welcome to the JC! If you're looking for good nerd discussion and a place to be yourself, you've come to the right place. We all sort of fit into the oddball category, so no worries, there. You'll fit right in! ;)

What sorts of Star Wars stuff are you interested in? Just the movies? EU? Games? Fanfic? There's a lot to see, so have fun looking about on the forums.

If you ever need any help finding anything or just want to chat, shoot me a PM. I'm always happy to chat to new folks.

See you around! Have a blast.

Trika

5. blankpixels

Apr 7, 2008
    You guys sure are helpful!

Ahg, hate to keep editing, but Im mostly into the movies, games (my uncle is the head art director at LucasArts, and I can occasionaly slip some insider info out of him! Nothing I can really share, unfortunately.) and the EU is always fun. :)

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Most of us around here will mention when we've edited a post. Usually just by saying EDIT: below your original post. That's just a preference, though, but since you asked, I thought I'd mention it. :p

As for jumping onto the boards, you're certainly welcome to it! As long as you have something meaningful to add to a discussion, everyone is very understanding and will help you out on whatever board you decide to post. Jump right in or hang around... we won't bite here or there or anywhere on the JC. There are quite a few people who frequent the new users board, like in the pillow fight thread or the hug a newbie thread. It can be fun to hang around for a while, too, but there's a lot more out across the entirety of the JC. :)

EDIT: (an edit in action!) Wow. Your uncle is one of the higher ups, eh? Cool stuff. I'd check out the EU community if you're interested in finding some like-minded EU fans.

7. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards! I like your name, I dunno why.

A lot of people are already recommending the good links. There is a Map of the Boards if you need help finding things. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. Also you'll find a lot more odd people at JC Community. Enjoy your stay!

8. blankpixels

Apr 7, 2008
    Thanks for the help! Glad you like my name! It comes from a webcomic that I used to run...

And I will enjoy my stay, Im just not sure where to start...

9. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    Well what are some of your interests? (Besides Star Wars :p)

10. blankpixels

Apr 7, 2008
    Indiana Jones movies, games (all consoles, although the only next-gen one I have is 360) art, and music. I'm currently working on a new demo, on which I am playing piano, guitar and bass.

11. Jedi_Allegra

Apr 10, 2003
    Well, for the games going here would be a good start if you haven't found it already. This is our VG forum. Lots of fun.

For your Indiana Jones - If you like movie discussions here is a good place. That is out JC Aphitheatre.

And for all around non-Star Wars discussion here is Your Jedi Council Community, or YJCC. It's where I mostly hang out these days (I don't know why).

There are a few places to start. Let me know if that helps!

Oh and where are my manners: Welcome to the JC!!! :)

You'll haave toooons of fun here.

12. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Welcome to the JC! :)

I hope you are able to take some time and explore around the boards!

13. blankpixels

Apr 7, 2008
  14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I would love to add something useful, but it seems that all questions are answered and all good suggestions are made, so there's just one more thing I can say...

Welcome to the boards, blankpixels, and enjoy your stay! :D

15. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    [face_hypnotized] *stare* [face_hypnotized]

[face_laugh] Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :D

16. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    You'll find a lot of strange people here at the JCC. Especially at the YJCC.

Enjoy your stay!

17. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Hey! Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the JC Forums.[face_peace]

18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That's not true, Arlon. :p

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

19. Jedi_Allegra

Apr 10, 2003
    :eek: It is certainly not true, Arlon! We don't bite!

At least I don't. [face_talk_hand]

20. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    I bite....not hard though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.