main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Don't Stay (J/T songfic...kinda sad)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jaya_tharen, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    I sent this to a beta a few weeks ago and never got any kind of reply. Thus, I have decided to take my chances and post it anyway. Please let me know what you think.

I think I've finally been converted to a J/T'er.

Took me long enough! :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don?t Stay

Jag quickened his pace, started to run; anything to get away from that room, away from the memory burned into his mind. Every detail remained painfully clear, even now, refusing to fade like most memories do. Not that it was an old memory; it was actually only a few minutes old, but he was ready and willing to forget it. Maybe Kyp can erase this one, he started to tell himself, then swore; Kyp was the other half of the problem here, the other thing he wanted to forget.

Killing someone helps you to forget them, a little voice whispered in his mind, but he shoved it aside. Killing Kyp Durron was not only stupid, but virtually impossible for even the most powerful Jedi, let alone a Chiss pilot. He turned the corner and stopped just short of running into a wall. When did that get there? Realization dawned and he swore again. Great job Fel, you?ve managed to get yourself lost within only hours of arriving on base. And for your next trick?

He would have loved to be able to shoot his mind about now, if only it didn?t mean instant death. Although, reflecting on the most recent of his discoveries, that prospect was looking more and more appealing. He wasn?t hurt, really, or at least that?s what he tried to tell himself; he was just mad. After all, who wouldn?t be mad after finding his girlfriend in bed with another man?

Sometimes I need to remember just to breathe
    Sometimes I need you to stay away from me
    Sometimes I?m in disbelief I didn?t know
    Somehow I need you to go

Her footsteps were behind him now, and he ducked into a nearby room, which turned out to be a small pilots lounge. Which squadron is stationed here? He couldn?t remember, and considering he hadn?t been on this base in three months, that made sense. You should still have found out, that little voice continued to nag him, Getting lazy in our old age?

He smacked his forehead with the heel of his palm. ?Shut up, just shut up,? he muttered to himself, and looked up to see a few surprised pilots eying him warily. It was just like his Chiss trained mind to turn on him when he needed it most. The blaster on his hip was starting to sound better and better now.

?Jag!? Her voice startled him from his suicidal contemplations and he jumped. Turning to the doorway, he saw her standing there, hands on her hips.

Damn Jedi; never leave you alone, never let you hide. He scowled at the thought and turned away from her. ?Leave me alone Jaina, I don?t need you to make anything worse.?

She shook her head defiantly. ?Not until you talk to me; you?re acting like a child.? The rest of the pilots in the room seemed to get the hint and straggled out, some willingly, some being forced by friends; they knew better than to stick around waiting for this to hit.

He didn?t face her, decided not to acknowledge her; she was only making things worse by trying to talk to him. She obviously wasn?t getting the hint; he didn?t want to discuss this.

Finally exasperated by his stubbornness, the same trait he had learned from her and Kyp, Jaina turned and stomped out, vowing to track him down later and force speech out of him if it took a lightsaber to do it. He repressed the smile that came at her statement; he was supposed to be mad here, not smiling at death threats.

Just when he finally thought he was alone in the room, the door opened again. Stiffening, Jag turned around, expecting to see Jaina again, or maybe even Kyp. He half hoped it would be one of them; he needed someone to thrash out at, and they were perfect candidates. After all, who better to abuse than your two ?best friends??

Don?t stay
    Forget our memories
    Forget our possibilities
    What you were changin

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    VERY intriguing! Well written, interesting, believable, emotional... =D=

Are you going to leave the rest to our imaginations?

oldj

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! =D=

4. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    excellent! please don't tell me the rest of this is up to our imaginations! One more post please *begs*

Fireyforce

5. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Hey, I'm glad you all liked it so much. Thanks for reading!

I'm not sure whether or not I'm gonna continue it: I haven't decided yet. I'll PM you if I do.

--Jaya--

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yes, that is sad, but very nicely done.

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is my second time reading this an its still great. =D=

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Just a little bit weird (even after all the Jilly fics), but I still like it. :D You kept turning the tables on me throughout; just when I thought I had it figured out, I discovered I didn't. Great job on that, by the way. Very intriguing, very well-written.

Gonna continue this, by chance?

9. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    eghads...you better write a sequel to that [face_worried] Jag is teh crazy, but I can understand why...

Oh btw, the song is by Linkin Park [face_dancing] that title is what caught my attention to read this story :p

good job though, that was totally awesome =D=

10. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great! I think you should definately continue it.

11. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Add another vote to the please continue column :)

12. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Yes, please continue! =D=

13. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    CONTINUE! This is great... =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.