main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series don't you think obi-wan and satine should have got married before she died

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rune Haako 2, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    No, but a bastard love-child plot would of been interesting. [face_laugh] Kidding obviously.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It's a key point that Obi-Wan was tempted by some of the same key elements Anakin was, and his choice was to hold firm to the Jedi Dogma, and any oaths he may have had to have made. It's a subtantial part of his character. He believed that was what would lead to ultimate peace and harmony. To the end, he believed in - had faith in - the rightness and goodness of the Jedi Order, even repeating mantras that were self-contradictory ("Only Sith deal in absolutes!"). Anakin lost that faith in the rulers/guardians of the Order, and thus no longer felt bound to its edicts.

Anakin's struggles were not handled well by the Jedi Masters. Even Obi-Wan really didn't know what to do with him, or how to effectively address his concerns. Obi-Wan hadn't been prepared for Anakin, because of the lacking examples of the Council.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Yep. Also it's pretty apparent that Obi-wan never really discussed his struggles (or those stuggles weren't thought of until TCW) and how he overcame them to become the Jedi Knight that he was with Anakin. This is a little off topic, but when you watch the interaction between Obi-wan and Anakin do you really get that feeling of master and student, or that they were brothers? I always got the distinct impression that Obi-wan treated Aanakin more as a brother rather than a pupil or student.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think it was in the ROTS novelization where Obi-Wan suspects that Anakin was romantically involved with Padme, but he chose to keep quiet about it? Been a while since I read it.

6. andreaphilips3

andreaphilips3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2014
    Why not? Love is caring for someone above all else. If you're not willing to do that, it's not love. If Obi-Wan did love Satine, he'd have popped the question. The lack of it implies otherwise. However, in other situations (such as Anakin), it does happen.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Obi-Wan would have left the Order if things were different, I believe. But there was a war on and as much as I'm sure he loved Satine; he had to put the order first. It was...really complicated for them.

Welcome to the forums though. :)

shorttrooper likes this.
  8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Yep, and I'm keeping this brief but, Obi-Wan told Padme that he and Anakin pretend he didn't know. That Padme made Anakin happy and that made Obi-Wan happy.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  9. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    I like the way the show portrayed their relationship. It was complicated and had some depth to it. I thought their lasting friendship was sweet.

Revanfan1 and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    There arguments were pretty funny too. :p

11. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    If Obi-Wan married Satine, we would have Darth Vader and Darth Kenobi vs Ahsoka and then both Padme and Satine die, then either Kenobi Jr vs Luke or Kenobi Jr and Luke vs the Darths (Rule of Three).

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Satine didnt name her yacht the Coronet for nothing, occasionally Obi plays.

13. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Goodness no, it would actually be out of character for Obi-Wan to do something like that.

14. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I never liked Satine...she came across too much like a foolish idealist...I'm glad she's gone...I'd rather see Obi with Ventress before her...

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Someone quote this so I can like it again.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ventress or Siri Tachi would have been better imo.

17. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    I mean... I ship them pretty hard.... But I doubt Obi-Wan is about that against-the-Jedi-code life

18. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    He's like the only good jedi so no.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, Obi-Wan should have left the Jedi Order forever to marry Satine, become a politician/used ship salesman, and lovingly raise nine precocious children who get him a tie and a "Galaxy's Greatest Dad" mug for Life Day every year, all as part of plot by TCW, specifically the diabolical Dave Filoni and senile George Lucas, to assassinate me, their greatest enemy, by way of nerd rage induced stroke/heart attack combo.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Domestic scenes in that household:

Sabine mediates sibling fights by teaching one set of kids to just stand there and let the other set take their toys.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think that's called pacifism.

Hopefully it'll work.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am still having great difficulty in figuring how Satine and her Sundari para-military overcame Old Mandalorians i.e. actual Mandalorians Fett style warriors - Jedi mustve did most of the work,lol. Nothing on the show pointed in the direction of her being some powerful beloved leader and one which overcame adversity and wars she looks more like someone that filled the empty void and became a de facto ruler over a small population of like minded civilians.

Sudooku and shorttrooper like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Standing there pacifism certainly worked well on the Black Sun and Pyke Clan. Under the weight of her moral consternation, they slinked away from Mandalore with their tails between their legs.

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea pretty much. Her police were apparently armed with blasters and other weapons but their motivation, organization and manpower was extremely lacking. Was one guy that looked like a Robocop wannabe but he like the rest were little more than toy solders. Her Sundari bodyguard were quite useless as well. I wouldve liked a scene with Maul and Vizla chopping though them but they simply vanish from thin air.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, if Filoni and company wanted a nice neutral pacifist world...Mandalore probably made the least sense. Onderon might have been more appropriate...or Naboo...or just make up some completely new planet.

Vorax likes this.