main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Doo Daah Parade time is coming on Sunday Nov. 20th, join us!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by brusqueTusken, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brusqueTusken

brusqueTusken Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    Hello Friends,
    Can you join us for the Doo Daah Parade? This year we want to include the more Star Wars group. THIS IS NOT A TREKKIE ONLY EVENT! A parade space has been reserved for "Spawn of Capt James T Kirk" again this year. We are getting quite a good reputation after 4 years attending thanks to YOU!
    Here are the facts:
    1. Our Doo Daah Parade scifi group "Spawn of Capt James T Kirk" will be an entrant again. We march in scifi costumes and have fun! The parade will be the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving weekend (LosCon), Sunday November 20th 2005 in Pasadena, Calif.
    2. Participant's COSTS; $10 per person [cash is BEST or check-made out to "LIGHT BRINGER"] to march in the parade. 'Light Bringers' is a Pasadena charity. **OPTIONAL costs: $4.95 per person for Senior Center "all you can eat" charity pancakes breakfast before the parade. Good eats, yum!

I would like to get a head count of how many scifi folks will be able to join us in Nov. before sending along more specfic parade information. I would like to get names, individual emails, if possible, in case of emergency communications.
    'Spawn' parade participants can wear any recognizable science fiction costume. We can dress you, in a pinch. We are trying to plan a post parde group get-together for all involved. We usually get into several videonews stories and newspapaer articles because of our appearance in the event.
    If you wish to join us, email me (DEEP_SPACE_101 at YAHOO dot COM) back with a name and email. It's just arouond the corner next month. I am coordinating this again.
    Thanks.
    "Spawn" parade director.
    ps...."Spawn of Capt. Kirk" 04 Doo Daah parade photos are up at the Deep Space 101 Yahoo Group. Use this LONG website link:
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/deep_space_101socalclub/lst?.dir=/04+Doo+Daah&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/
    Or go to this photo album link:
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Deep_Space_101SoCalclub/lst

2. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, on the off chance I finish my costume by then I may be able to make it but at the rate I've been going it seems doubtful. :(

3. brusqueTusken

Jun 3, 2004
    Don't worry, just "come on down". REMINDER: "We can dress you, in a pinch. 'Spawn' parade participants can wear any recognizable science fiction costume. "

4. brusqueTusken

Jun 3, 2004
    WE are very sorry. Unfortunately "Spawn of Capt Kirk" will not be appearing in this year's 05 Doo Daah Parade due to extensive flu illness. We have been in this parade for consecutive three years. We feel very bad about this fact and do apologise to all making plans to join us. We will be back next year in Nov 06!
    We hope that people interested in marching would join us for next year. You can keep track of these Doo Daah parade and other social club matters by joining the Deep_Space_101 Yahoo group. That membership is free. Again we apologise for any inconvience this might have caused.
    Thank you for you attention to this.
    "Spawn of Captian Kirk" Doo Daah parade staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.