1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

TCW Episode Dooku Captured: An Insult to the Sith and to Viewers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Vialco, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Paparazzo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah! And I'm meant to believe that Anakin & Obi-Wan wouldn't be suspicious of a drink from PIRATES? PUH-LEASE.
  2. Sable_Hart Jedi Master

star 4
    Never heard of that.[/quote]

Labyrinth of Evil.
    anakinfansince1983 and Vialco like this.
  3. JackG Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Labyrinth of Evil.[/quote]

Seriously? Is this in the bunker? [face_laugh] I love that book.
    Lemme try and find this gem......
    Where?
  4. KED12345 Jedi Master

star 4
  5. darklordoftech Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    About the whole could have done more with Dooku thing, I would have loved to learn about when Dooku was a Jedi.
  6. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At least we got to see Hondo for the first time.
    Last edited by Force Smuggler, Jul 20, 2013
  7. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    More for the Episode VII forum but I would love a young Dooku spin-off, especially one that doesn't contradict Yoda: Dark Rendezvous or Darth Plagueis.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Sable_Hart Jedi Master

star 4
    Last edited by Sable_Hart, Jul 21, 2013
    JackG, Circular_Logic and Vialco like this.
  9. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    @Sable_Hart

Ah, now I recall that scene. Rather amusing how Grievous fits the profile of a "weak-minded" tool, heh. Which brings me to the point of the thread, that TCW did little to show that Dooku and Grievous were competent leaders for the CIS until rather late in the game. Both characters' fighting skills seemed superior than their respective political (charisma) and strategic skills (and that's hardly saying much for Grievous). Dooku Captured may have been a bit of a low point for the Sith Lord, but in the end he did have his revenge on Hondo. Grievous had to go through even more embarrassments during the course of the series as well. On the flip side, by bringing Dooku and Grievous down so many notches, TCW actually served to make Sidious into a more threatening villain, so that it was genuinely exhilarating to see him wiping the floor with Maul and Savage, both of whom until then could arguably be considered TCW's most competent villains. Sidious was the one guy you don't want to be around when the Dark Lord shows up, as bodies are bound to drop!
    Last edited by Circular_Logic, Jul 21, 2013
  10. Sable_Hart Jedi Master

star 4
    "Dooku Captured" notwithstanding, the Count has been treated very well in the series. Grievous, far less so, which is why "Massacre" ranks in my top 3 favorite episodes. But agreed on Sidious; it's clear that Filoni and the writers endeavored to treat the character with the reverence he deserves as the pinnacle of Star Wars villainy.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    The show has done great with its portrayal of Sidious. That's why The Lawless is my favorite season 5 episode. Sidious has been kept undercover (or kept himself undercover) as he should so no one knows who is pulling the strings, and when he is out in the open, especially as he is in this episode...holy ****.

Zillo Beast Palpidious creeped me out; The Lawless' full-blown Sidious? Full-blown frightening.
  12. KED12345 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Remember, there can only be two -- and you are no longer my apprentice." Everything Sidious said in that episode felt straight out of the movies in terms of awesome.
    Last edited by KED12345, Jul 21, 2013
    darklordoftech likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    Especially in contrast to Maul's arrogant stupidity in Revival.
  14. JackG Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [IMG]
  15. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    ^Must we always resort to using the same old GIF? Here are some more showing Sidious' mastery:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rag dolls, the Nightbrothers are.
  16. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If I could, I would like this post ten thousand times.
  17. Darth Valkyrus Jedi Master

star 4
    Why did Maul let Sidious work his blades down to the emitter heads without even trying to counter... it's not like it was a fast sudden movement or anything... you could see it coming.
  18. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Heh, you just love poking holes in TCW's onscreen logic, don't you, Valkyrus? Can't deny that it's pretty fun, too.

Another GIF!
    [IMG]
    I always assumed that Sidious simply used Force Strength to overpower Maul, you can tell both are struggling to outdo the other, but since Sidious is clearly far superior in his mastery of the Force, the outcome was pretty much inevitable. I always got the feeling based on that initial Force Push that Sidious could probably have destroyed both Nightbrothers without needing to pull out a lightsaber, but he simply wanted to toy with them, and "enjoy the fight", so to speak.
    cwustudent and Sable_Hart like this.
  19. Sable_Hart Jedi Master

star 4
    This.

You see each struggle to out-muscle the other, but Sidious is an evil robed Hulk when using the Force. And Sidious definitely could have just crushed them to death against the window; that Savage and Maul combined couldn't overpower his casual hold on them speaks of Sidious's enormous superiority.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Skaddix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah Palps needed to get his exercise in, its not all that often he gets to fight especially as Chancellor.
  21. Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget the part when Sidious told Maul, "Do not worry. I'm not going to kill you. I have other uses for you. *starts cackling* I mean the way he said that sentence was just chilling.

Anyways I liked Dooku Captured. I thought it was a fun episode to watch. I liked it mainly because of the great Anakin and Obi-Wan interactions and it was pretty amusing to see them annoy the crap out of Dooku.

Its followup episode "The Gungan General" on the other hand is a different story. Not only did that episode's opening scene introduce a ridiculous plot hole it also introduced us to B.J. Hughes's rendition of Jar Jar Binks. [face_sick]

In my opinion the only season one episode that was worse than the "Gungan General" was "Mystery of a Thousand Moons", which, I like to call "Mystery of a Thousand Snoozes."
    Last edited by Jedi_Kenobi32, Jul 23, 2013
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    They didn't for most of the part.

Yeah, no... Dooku Captured has NOTHING on Shadow Warrior in terms of insulting fans.

Good one!

Indeed. If TCW had one thing as a task then it was showing us that even the strongest Force-users can be captured.

Finally, somebody who likes it too. :D

Last edited by Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, Jul 24, 2013
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  24. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awesome. That it took Darth Maul's revival to wake Sidious from his combat slumber...
  25. TrandoJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats a fact. Although I loved every-time Dooku was on screen, Grievous I would always miss the microseries version every time I saw him on screen. TCW needed more Dooku! :(