TCW Episode Dooku Captured: An Insult to the Sith and to Viewers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Vialco, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    This is especially chilling when you realize this is the first time that Sidious has ever fought another Force sensitive (Plagueis' murder doesn't count). That's scary.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess Maul probably lost a lot of Force potential when he lost everything from the navel down. Cybernetics could restore the mundane mechanical, bodily functioning of his legs and possibly his lower digestive system - but they couldn't restore his lost Force potential.

Just going off how Vader was affected after losing a load of body mass to Obi-Wan.

Though the body mass thing is weird since people with naturally small body mass (like Yoda, whose body mass is probably lower than even post-Mustafar Vader) can still be exceptionally powerful.
  3. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait . . . is it? I guess I can't think of another, but there has to be, right? :confused:Obviously he trained a lot with his master, and killed him with lightning, but I can't put a finger on an actual duel. I always imagined he sneakily killed a few Jedi here and there, or some powerful, independent Force users who were around. Does this mean Saesee is his first Jedi kill?
    Last edited by JackG, Jul 26, 2013
  4. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    Sidious has dueled Maul before.
    Esg likes this.
  5. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, this is it. Saesee would be his first (confirmed) Jedi kill. I'm sure he's killed before (just look at when he was fighting assassins in the Plagueis novel), but never a Force sensitive that I can remember.

But never a one-on-one, really going-for-the-kill duel. They only ever trained.
  6. JediLight Force Ghost

star 4
    When I saw this episode, I just remember thinking "this is a cartoon and not part of the official SW story". Dooku/Sith would never ally with the Jedi or get captured. Just a silly premise.
  7. Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It's actually one of my favourite TCW episodes but about the Dooku being captured by pirates issue Dave Filoni actually addressed it on the Season 1 boxset in a featurette. I think it's on Star Wars.com too.
    Last edited by Grievousdude, Jul 26, 2013
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    The title of this thread pretty much nails it. And they didn't even try to handle it in such a way that recognizes it's a big deal like they did with Darth Maul's return in Brothers (though of course the series had matured a lot by then), it's handled pretty flippantly. At least the opening 5 or so minutes of the episode has that killer Flash Gordon vibe with Obi-Wan floating in the spacesuit to the ship, rescuing Anakin, and the fast-paced fight including falling down that huge chute.
  9. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    On an somewhat unrelated note, the biggest problem I had with this episode was the ending where Obi-Wan and Anakin still got drugged even though they switched the spiked cups with a couple of pirates; the following episode starts off with them awakening in a cell and other than a brief mention that they somehow got drugged, no explanation is given how they ended up there.
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 1, 2013
    cwustudent likes this.
  10. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Actually, Pilf Mukmuk, Hondo's Kowakian monkey-lizard, drugged everyone by spiking the entire ventilation system (after several failed attempts to drug the two Jedi), so Obi-Wan and Anakin both conked out anyway, as detailed by the short webcomic Switch.

I know, without having read this webcomic after the episode you'll probably be confused as to how they got drugged, which is a shame about those Season 1 webcomics not being available on the OS anymore.
  11. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I need a Randy-gets-stabbed gif.:p
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Aug 2, 2013
  12. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Here you go:
    [IMG]

Poor Randy, we hardly knew ye!
  13. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Even though it was the perfect way for my favorite TCW original character to go out...it still makes me sad to see! :_|
  15. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    But about three minutes too short.
    Sable_Hart and SithStarSlayer like this.
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

But still awesome regardless
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like that might be rectified on the Blu Ray..
    Sable_Hart and SithStarSlayer like this.
  18. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    But I don't have Blu Ray.
  19. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Then you should get one shouldn't you? :p
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Mzukiller Jedi Master

star 2
    There's a lot of things this show does that totally makes its antagonist look completely ineffective. So I completely agree with you.
  21. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    I already spent all my money on my Savage statue.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    WANT PICTURE
  23. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    [IMG]

By the way, there's actually a rather glaring flaw on the statue. Do you see it?
    Last edited by The Shadow Emperor, Aug 2, 2013
    JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Killer, I have the action figure of him on display in that same outfit.
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6