main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku Captured: An Insult to the Sith and to Viewers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Are you really pretending that Dooku was in a position to slaughter a whole gang of pirates? Seriously?! He was outnumbered. All he could do was try to take advantage of them and establish contact with the Separatists later on.

No, he couldn't. That's fan fiction level of speculation.

Not liking something doesn't make it lousy.

Still inconsistent with the movies. Nobody is that powerful to take an whole battlefield of troops. The EU never learns...

Nobody is arguing Dooku's dueling abilities or his ability to fight. That's a strawman.

Being fooled doesn't make you stupid. He let his arrogance blind him . That's it.

The comics show an unrealistic situation.

He willingly went with Hondo because that was the only way to get out of the planet. And you don't know how his lightsaber was stolen.

cwustudent and Erkan12 like this.
  2. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    1. It is - official canon pal. Both Vader and Sidious can take out giant insects army and Vader can wipe out twi leks squad on his own without taking a scratch.
    2. No. Its seems you just have your own personal canon in your head ...
    For example:

How many troopers just two jedi can take ? These clones are well-trained veterans of war not just some low life pirates.

Vorax likes this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Could care less what Vader can do in the books. He could even fly for all I care.

It's still inconsistent with the movies.

No, it's not about canon.

A small squad as the scene itself shows.

4. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016

1. You can care or don't but that book still a canon. And what exactly inconsistent ? Vader fight only with Luke and Obi Wan in OT.
    2. The point is- jedi is fully capable of defeating multiple opponents even when they under heavy fire from all directions . So Dooku defeating pirates is fully possible outcome and I will not considered it fanfiction like you suggest.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I think the lack of armour plays a very big part here. Savage Opress handles seventeen battle droids in Season Three without too much difficulty. Primarily because he's covered from neck to toe in magic, blaster-proof armour. The only way to really take him down is a head shot.

Vader is completely covered in armour, so taking him down is a very difficult proposition. Dooku on the other hand wears no armour at all as he's an aristocrat and above such crude apparel. While the Count's fine tunic and trousers ensemble is quite dashing and goes well with his cape, they will do nothing to stop a blaster bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erkan12 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  6. FlyingspiginaPurplejarr

FlyingspiginaPurplejarr Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2016
    The problem is the
    The problem with your argument is that the vast majority of Jedi are trained to a situation against large group of blaster wielding opponents such as Pirates and mercenaries.Many Jedi died in Order 66 because they caught off guard and some couldn't even ignite their saber and many died during the Jedi temple raid cause Vader was there and killed many.Of course Dooku without his saber is a giant with one arm, only.

Also Vader was not inconsistent in the vast majority of old EU in fact the Book Dark Lords have a somewhat flawed interpretation of him, while old EU treated him as he was meant to.Having said that, Vader's depiction in EU is not Inconsistent.Sometimes streched but not inconsistent.
    Name me something that were actually inconsistent about him in EU as a combatant.

Dooku could've killed all the pirates on his own but not in that certain moment in that certain situation, otherwise he could mind trick his guards and sneak out on his own.He was an expert at infiltration and enviromental manipulation and overall strategy.He could've deal with that situation on his own.Keep in mind that later in the show, he had no problem facing a group of blaster wielders after a lengthy duel against kenobi and skywalker.

7. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I can believe Legends Dooku could put his desire for revenge aside because he actually cared for the Separatust Cause. TCW Dooku didn't care about the Separatist Cause it was just a stage. TCW Dooku seemed very bitter and hotheaded, even if he couldn't send the CIS after Hondo, he would have put a bounty on him or maybe even gone after him personally with a squad of elite Droids, he did have time to talk to all the minions of the day and meddle in nearly every minor Separatist affair after all

I think the best way to have handled the situation would have been having the CIS invade Florrum afterwards, leaving Hondo barely escaping with his life, that way he would still have been able to show up from time to time to attempt one of his heists.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    He did just that though in the Younglings arc - he even takes time out of his busy schedule of running a planet-wide and government and being a member of the Sith to rub it in to Hondo via hologram.

Vialco likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Dooku was on top of the mountain observing and then he chose to walk into the group of pirates all nonchalant and gave himself up basically. He could've picked them off any number of ways(some I mentioned above) and he had the element of surprise and he has superior skills and abilities. Them having blasters or certain number does not mean squat as lone Jedi and Sith take out better armed and more efficient enemies and in huge numbers all the time. I was not pretending anything, watch the episode again. Now stop making me repeat myself.

CloneofVader likes this.
  10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea well.....I hear ya. It was a fun episode though.

Vialco likes this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The Gungan General was by far the better half of the duology. If only for this line:

"Do control your protégé's insolence so that I can concentrate."

"Anakin"

"What?"

"Control your insolence. The Count is concentrating."

Said in Obi-Wan Kenobi's dry yet charming voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    This discussion never bores me, so I'm not angry that you did. :D
    Indeed it did! I think ROTS did it better, but overpowering/outsmarting a powerful/smart Force-user was important, bcs it reminded certain fans that we aren't watching immortal super-beings (bcs characters like that are boring). Heck, even Super-Palpatine could, simply, be hoisted and dropped down a hole.

But I do wish that, at the end, we discovered his capture was merely a "capture," a ruse. Meaning that Dooku was in control the whole time, never in any danger, just gathering information that he could later exploit. And then, he would leave a trail of destruction (sooner than season 5).
    Yes(!), if only to save me from this nonsense:

[​IMG]

Vialco likes this.
  13. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012

I hate how Hondo and Maul, who were both once interesting villains have now become obsessed with Ezra and idolise him, it is just so silly.

cwustudent likes this.