Dooku dead before or after "The Duel"?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Vaderbait, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hm...generally I would think "before of course". But suddenly I have a feeling that maybe Dooku dies after the major duel. I'm not sure why, but I'm sure someone has a wacky theory, right? ;)
  2. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he will be dead before, because it is likely that he will die in a lightsaber duel. So if he dies like that after the confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin, we would have a major fight after what is almost certain to be the climax of the film. That would be some pretty bad storytelling.
  3. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm thinking Dooku dies shortly before the half way point of the movie.
  4. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I say before, if Palpatine needs a new apprentice, one of them will have to go.
  5. Icebreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    I still think he will be dead before 'The Duel' (I like how you put that)
    :)

~ICeBReaKeR
    His abilities have made him...arrogant
  6. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He'll bite the dust about 1/3 into the film, with The Duel about 2/3 I think.
  7. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That would be my guess, that Dooku will go down in the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the film.
  8. Adali-Kiri Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he'll die 16/28 into the movie and the Duel will be 8/12 into it. 8-}
  9. jacensky315 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If we are working on the theory that there can only be 2 sith, and Obi Wan is fighting Darth Vader (he wouldnt need to fight Anakin...only Vader), then ipso facto, Dooku must be out of the picture before the duel.

However, given that there must be adequate storyline dedicated to Anakin turning to the dark side, I figure that Dooku will actually make it a fair way into the movie, by my thoughts, about 1/2 way, with Anakin turning to the dark side to kill him.

After that, Obi Wan find out, but tries to turn Vader back...this could happen quite soon after the Dooku duel, when Vader could still have some semblance of light side in him and not completely dark side...perhaps 2/3- 3/4 way in.
  11. Darth-Boba Jedi Master

star 1
    I think Ani will kill Dooku, here's why:

In ROTJ when Luke cuts off Vaders arm Luke gets Vaders arm because the emporer says Luke will take his fathers place at my side or something like that.

Ani will be tricked into joining the dark side. Then after killing dooku he will ecome Vader but he will be in such a bad condition that he has to be put into the Vader costume
  12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    My theory is that Anakin and Dooku (& maybe Mace since he's bound to get some dueling acyion :D) with have a lightsaber duel about half-way through the movie. Anakin uses the darkside to kill Dooku, then at the end of the movie the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel will happen.

That's my theory anyway.

ST
  13. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have formulated a theory!

Anakin and Obi-Wan have a falling out and The Duel ensues. Anakin is severely wounded, maybe even donning some of the familiar suit. But he hasn't officially turned. The duel would send Anakin's rage and hate through the roof, feeling betrayed by the Jedi even moreso than usual. Palpatine or Dooku takes advantage of this, Anakin kills Dooku, turns to the darkside, and Obi-Wan returns (or the Jedi or whoever), but despite another potential build-up to a fight, Obi-Wan flees before Anakin can have a go at him. Perhaps this is because the area around them is being destroyed or something.

Interesting, to say the least.
  14. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Knight

star 3
    I remember some relatively cool speculation about Epy II - some people felt that Anakin would start a duel against a sith lord fighting on the same side as Obi-wan, but would switch across to the other side at some stage during the duel and end up fighting against Obi. I don't know how Dooku would come into this in Epy III but I think that it would still work for "THE duel" - Palpy-sid would be goading Anakin, perhaps trying to anger him much as Vader did with Luke in ROTJ. Luke turned then relented and came back to the "good side".. it would be striking to see Anakin reach the same point as Luke (? perhaps against Dooku) but (obv) NOT come "back" .

I do think that Anakin will have to kill Dooku to "take his place at my (palpy's)side"..

C_B
  15. 5darth2maul1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't imagine Dooku not being dead before the duel...

521 :)
  16. Jedi_Howad_Denor Jedi Padawan

I say WAY Before.

Christopher Lee could well die before they start even scripting Ep3!
  17. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Unlikely for two reasons:

Episode III is already being written.

And people live to be older than 80. [face_plain]
  18. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]Hey, I think I'll go against the grain and say AFTER. I think Obi and Ani might have "the duel" before Ani kills dooku to take his place right beside Palpy. I think the end of EP3 will have Vader joining Palpy. :D[/color]
  19. The Mentos® Strikes Back Jedi Master

star 4
    Before, Vader vs Obi-Wan will be the highlight of the Prequels and thus Episode III... everyone's been waiting for it!
  20. ObiWan_14 Jedi Padawan

Maybe Qui Gon jinn is still alive and that the one we all saw die in TPM was just a clone. if he is still alive with no doubt he will fight.
  21. yerykenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Dooku will die before the duel
  22. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Maybe Qui Gon jinn is still alive and that the one we all saw die in TPM was just a clone. if he is still alive with no doubt he will fight.

Please tell me you're joking.
  23. TenorAprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    VadarBait...

I like the theory....it seems like a neat scenario. However, I don't think it is deliberate enough. Ben makes a point to say that when he realized what Anakin had become, he tried to destroy him, not the other way around. It could be that that decision to destroy Vadar came during a duel, but I think it will be Obi that attacks Anakin, not the other way around (which is more like killing in self defense than an execution).

I think it more likely that we will see Anakin double timing like the other sith, in the helmet/costume so he is not recognized, and somehow Ben realizes this, and goes after Anakin at the end...way after Dooku bites it. However, Lee is a great actor, and GL will probably use him for as much as he can...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.