main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku doesnt know of clones?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by brian4610, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian4610

brian4610 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2003
    i'm new to the board, so i apologize if this has been coverd....

saw Aotc last night and found something dooku said to be weird.....after the Jedi have been rescued from the arena and Dooku is in the 'war room'....he says 'where did they get an army' or something to that effect....now, I dont believe that he is putting on a show for the other sepratists or acting surprised...i really think he is stunned that the republic has an army....how did he not know about the clones??? He knew that his role was to start a war, where did he think his opponent was coming from?

-Also, I don't think he is really attatched to Sidious, i choose to think that his speech to OB1 was true, and the he wanted to 'overthrow' sidious/palpy

-another thing, what was the deal with his look after he chopped off ani's arm? almost like he was regretful that he harmed the boy....obvioulsly he and sidious have had talks about him becoming great, but why would dooku let them put ani into the arena to be destroyed by those 'creatures' or in the begining of the war? I realize that jedi can defend themselves against most everything, but still, too much to chance...as far as sidious and dooku are concerned...

your thoughts?

2. -General_Kenobi-

-General_Kenobi- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Count Dooku knows about the Clone Army. After all, he was responsible for it's creation. Tyranus hired Jango Fett as the host of the clone army, and he used that alias to remain unknown to the Republic by the time they figure out what happened. He simply acts like he doesn't in order to continue to gain support from the separatists. The same way Sidious fooled the Trade Federation. Which makes us wonder how dumb they really are, being fooled twice by the same man in the span of 10 years. In order for Dooku, and Sidious, to start the war is to leave both sides--the republic and the separatits-- unaware of the grand goal, the Clone Wars to establish Lord Sidious as Emperor.

PS - I hope that Sidious thing is not really a spoiler but, if it is, please edit it.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Dooku is putting on a show.
    He is only acting.

And about the areana beasts, Dooku knew full well that the Jedi led by Mace would be arriving soon. I mean Obi was captured in the middle of a message to the Chancellor and Mace. Dooku knew they were coming to Obi, Ani and Padme's rescue. He knew they would not be killed.

About the whole thing where he was telling Obi that is just the same thing as Vader telling lUke about their empire as father and son.

Dooku is evil but ready to betray his master. He knew about the clones and he knew Anakin would not die.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "now, I dont believe that he is putting on a show for the other sepratists or acting surprised..."

He is.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes, he is playing dumb. Tyrannus is controlling the CIS, his Master is controlling the Republic, they are all pawns in the plan.

6. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    "saw Aotc last night and found something dooku said to be weird.....after the Jedi have been rescued from the arena and Dooku is in the 'war room'....he says 'where did they get an army' or something to that effect....now, I dont believe that he is putting on a show for the other sepratists or acting surprised...i really think he is stunned that the republic has an army....how did he not know about the clones??? He knew that his role was to start a war, where did he think his opponent was coming from?"

Dooku knew about the army, he was just feigning surpise because the Seperatists don't know that the whole conflict is a ruse.

"-Also, I don't think he is really attatched to Sidious, i choose to think that his speech to OB1 was true, and the he wanted to 'overthrow' sidious/palpy "

He is attached to Sidious, but the Sith apprentice is always looking for the opportunity to overthrow the master. His offer to Obi-Wan was genuine. He wanted to take out Sidious so he could be the master and ruler of the galaxy.

"-another thing, what was the deal with his look after he chopped off ani's arm? almost like he was regretful that he harmed the boy....obvioulsly he and sidious have had talks about him becoming great, but why would dooku let them put ani into the arena to be destroyed by those 'creatures' or in the begining of the war? I realize that jedi can defend themselves against most everything, but still, too much to chance...as far as sidious and dooku are concerned... "

Because the Sith are only interested in power. If Anakin was truly worthy, he would survive the arena battle. If he didn't, he wasn't as great as he was being touted.

7. PyrhanaJEDI

PyrhanaJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2003
    He knows his buddy Jango is the template for a clone army.
    He did not have any way of knowing when the clones would enter the war against the confederate systems, however.

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    He knows.

9. MtMan900

MtMan900 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    Seems like this entire thing was cleaned up WAY before I could even get close to touching it :)

As for the whole "Anakin proving himself", that is probably why he was put into the arena. If you read Shadows of the Empire, Vader mentions somewhere in there that Luke was his best adversary for a while. That, in fact, Vader had actually attempted to kill him, just to test his abilites. So, this sort of morbid test is not unheard of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.