main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku had no Sith Eyes

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jonger1150, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonger1150

Jonger1150 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Can anyone explain why Dooku never had Sith Eyes?

2. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Visine

3. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    It's not in his nature.

4. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Perhaps he was less dark than Maul, Sidious, and Maul.

5. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    He was once a jedi so I think his turn took longer.

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Anakin was once a Jedi as well and his was rather immediate.

7. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    We never see him really pissed off like Sidous, Maul and Anakin.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Personally I think the Sith eyes thing is ridiculous. I wish Anakin had never had them. Or maybe only when he screams I HATE YOU!

9. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I think that you obtain the "Sith Eyes" when you are engulfed in times of pure evil. Ala Anakin in ROTS. Now, Dooku is the more refined and calculating of the Sith, so for him to give in to such simple emotions and lose himself, I doubt he would. Perhaps that's why we see the younger Sith, Maul and AnaVader, have them.

If you've read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, he's constantly wallowing in his own rage and anger. He is evil to his very core. Now, I don't believe such a thing about Dooku. I really don't. And that's also why they only appear on Anakin for such a short time, as he's not truly evil yet.

But that is merely my take on it.

10. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    It's hard to say, because Dooku was described as ruthless. But the Sith could actually change their eyes when they wanted and I'm sure Count Dooku had this knowledge. We just didn't see him with piercing yellow eyes.

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Count Dooku went to Specsavers.
    Seeing as how he makes a lot of public appearance, it would be unwise for him to go around flashing Sith eyes, no?

12. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    The reason I think Dooku does not have sith eyes is because he is not consumed by evil,hate,anger like most sith(Maul,Palpatine,vader)

13. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    I believe the novel of ROTS states that he has never actually felt hate. He doesnt hate anything really, he simply feels he is above it. He has not dipped into the true power of the darkside, hasnt used his well of emotions to their full extent. Sure he had the knowledge of the Sith, but he didnt use the primary energy source.

Maul, Vader and Palps all had good records of being evil, hate filled people. And they used it, which was the Sith way.

14. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Dooku became a Sith because he felt that the Republic/Jedi Order were corrupt, and he felt by leaving and becoming a Sith and putting himself in line with the Separtists he was doing the right thing.

Like others have stated above I don't think he felt hate, he just wanted to change things and he felt becoming a Sith was one way of doing it no matter how corrupt. I think that explains lack of full blown sith eyes.

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Dooku's nature was to be calmer than most Sith. That's why he didn't fit the description.

16. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    i agree with emperorgerner, jodus, and iloveanakin7 :)! Dooku was not your typical Sith Lord. He wanted to utilize the dark side of the force to accomplish his goal of reforming the galaxy's government. He didn't want to kill all jedis or destroy planets or kick everyone's asses! he just wanted to "straighten" the galaxy's corrupt and crumbling government :).

To be honest, if Dooku did not fall to the dark side, he honestly would have been a great and wise leader of a "new republic".

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    True. Dooku was a great man. He would be an excellent leader for any side he chose.

18. pcmedics911

pcmedics911 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I don't agree and here's why....In AOTC...Dooku is about to cut Obi-Wan in 1/2 while Obi Wan lay helpless on the floor and Anakin pulls through and saves Obi Wan at the last possible moment by blocking Dooku's light saber blow.

If that was not pure evil and for the sake of striking someone down while the guy is helpless, I don't know what is......

Then, Dooku tries to crush Obi Wan and Anakin with a massive pillar using the dark force but Yoda is there to save them and push the pillar aside.

Again, if that is not evil for the sake of it I don't know what is.

Explain my fellow members

19. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    I don't think that's showimg him as being pure evil, to me it's showing that he's mad cause Obi-Wan didn't side with him. Of couse I could be wrong.

Just speculation
    I still hate Dooku for chopping off Anakin's arm:mad:

20. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005

I think that you obtain the "Sith Eyes" when you are engulfed in times of pure evil. Ala Anakin in ROTS. Now, Dooku is the more refined and calculating of the Sith, so for him to give in to such simple emotions and lose himself, I doubt he would. Perhaps that's why we see the younger Sith, Maul and AnaVader, have them.

A thought, but Palpatine was even more cool and calculating and from ROTS to ROTJ he has those eyes all the time. I think it shows when you are connected to the Darkside. Dooku seems to use it very sparringly hence the lack of eyes and the ability for only yoda seemingly to sense the darkside within him. That still doesn't explain how he can use Sith Lightning without it but Palpatine didn't have the eyes when he used it either during his battle with mace, so perhaps it is a similar ability to Palpatine's. Some kind of mask that is not revealed on camera Like Palpatine's is.
    Anakin is still learning to use the Darkside as a proper sith would and so he shifts in and out and cannot seem to find a constant connection yet.

Maul and Sidious(unmasked) are constantly conencted to that big dark powersource, and Sidious has such a strong connection to it that it has gone much further than just his eyes and has gone even further.

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    iLoveAnakin7 posted on 7/17/05 11:19pm
    I still hate Dooku for chopping off Anakin's arm [face_angry][hr][/blockquote]

Dooku only did it to save Anakin. Would you prefer that Dooku would've kicked his ass and ended up killing him? :p

22. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    No but still...the first mechanical arm he has creeps me out.:eek:

23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Understandable, I guess. Personally, I think it looks awesome.

24. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I THINK THE ONLY LOGICAL EXPLANATION IS: that dooku was wearing SITH-FORCE-CONTACT-LENSES!!! to go with sid's "SITH-FORCE-MASK" that you people all like to cling to[face_laugh]

25. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Dooku reminds me of Robert E Lee. This might sound wierd but keep with me they were both leaders. They both could have lead any side. Dooku was once a Jedi. Lee was Asked by Abraham Lincoln to control the Union army. They both to many people picked the wrong side. For all you People who Don't know who Robert E lee. He is the Leader of The Confederate army.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.