Dooku left the Jedi Order AFTER TPM

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by ROYCE_DARKLIGHTER, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That I never doubt. I was pointing out that the rule exists and there won't be much of a bending of it. Mainly as Lucas doesn't take an overt amount of time showcasing such things. As Markdil was trying to have us believe that the rule was eu and all concepts of it was the same.

Yes, Vader and Palpatine would have a short interim with Luke, but I stress short. Once Luke was firmly grasped in the dark side, Palpatine would do as we saw in ROTJ.
  2. darth_pooh Jedi Master

star 4
    Aha!!!!!

So now you admit that there is a possibility that there was also a, how shall we put it, "short interim" with Sidious, Maul and Dooku? Hmmmmmm? ;)
  3. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    No, I don't. There was none there, but will be with Anakin.
  4. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Markdil: I hate to tell you, but he did come up with it. He and Terry Brooks, author of the TPM novel created Darth Bane and the Rule of 2, together.

It is not eu. The films tell you as much.
  5. markdil Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate to tell you, but he did come up with it. He and Terry Brooks, author of the TPM novel created Darth Bane and the Rule of 2, together.

And your proof of this is.....

It is not eu. The films tell you as much.

Which part of the films tells us that the Sith have a RULE that says there cannot be more than two???? I see direct evidence contrary to this idea, but I see absolutely nothing to suggest it.

You have now admitted that there would be a period of time in which three Sith would coexist, therefore the rule of two must not be a very strict rule. Is it more like a "Suggestion of two"? Or does the rule have a stipulation, like "It is permissible for there to be more than two Sith as long as it is for no more than eight days."? You've gotta help me, because I'm really curious about how the Sith Holy Handbook works. What happens if the Sith don't follow the rules in the handbook... do they go to heaven? (hardy har har... how do you punish a lousy evildoer? Do bad satanists go to heaven?)

I posted a lengthy explanation of how GL's quote directly supports my argument and you responded with, "I hate to tell you but you're wrong and I'm right."???? Until you learn some debating skills, I think this conversation is over.

You can beat your head against the wall of denial as long as you like, but you're eventually gonna have to accept the fact that the "rule of two" conflicts with the movies.
  6. Darth_Banal Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The "rule of two" was put in so that the Sith would not kill each other in an attempt to be top dog.

Even with only two you can see the thirst for power the dark side creates (Dooku trying to recruit Obi-Wan to move on Sidious, Vader recruiting Luke to destroy the emperor).

I think the rule is more of a principle to abide by, as it appears anyone powerful in the Dark Side tries to establish himself as the master.

Sidious/Palpatine is a master at planning, and is always two steps ahead, thus his quick replacement of Maul with Dooku (who likely was being "groomed" during or shortly after TPM).

He shows that in AOTC when Anakin thanks Palpatine for "your guidance"...As any good Darksider would do, Sidious is looking for the most powerful weapons at his disposal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.