main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Dooku not a Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master Endz-One, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    In AOTC Dooku said " as you can see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours", after using force lightning on Anakin. Sith hated Jedi and being compared to a Jedi as a great insult. Studious never saw Dooku as a real Sith and never planned on keeping Dooku into the fold. I could be wrong but I don't ever remember using the title Darth, when referring to Dooku. I do remember Sidious calling him Lord Tyranus.

What are your opinions on Dooku not being a true Sith ?

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Presumably Dooku is simply using Jedi as a synonym for 'force-user' as a general term in that instance. He was previously a Jedi, and he's fighting a Jedi, so I suppose it makes sense to frame the battle in those terms.

He's very clearly a Sith though, he has a Sith name, Darth Tyranus, Obi-Wan refers to him as a Sith lord in ROTS (and probably in TCW too).

As for not being directly referred to as 'Darth' Tyranus, Sidious does this with Vader and Maul too, only referring to Maul as Darth when introducing him to the TF, and Vader when he's 'christened' as a Sith.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    For Dooku use Jedi as a synonym for force users, shows Dooku isn't 100% Sith. When you hear Sidious, Vader or Maul refer to Jedi in disgust and hate. Palatine to my recollection never called gave him the title Darth and never had plans in the future for keeping Dooku. A Jedi calling someone Darth doesn't truly make them Sith, the Sith choose who are considered Sith just like the Jedi determines who's a Jedi. I believe Dooku was just the most powerful force user at his disposal, before finding a true Sith Lord to replace him. When given the title Darth and name,you give up your former identity, Count Dooku kept his former name.

Savage Oppress and Ventress were Dark side users that weren't considered Sith by Palatine.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Darth Tyranus was Darth Sidious' apprentice. Always two there are - no more, no less.

Dandelo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.