main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Dooku sabre hilt?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Patriotspride, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Mine's not an exact Dooku hilt...but it's a curved handle style saber.

Work in progress...finishing up the pommel painting soon.
    [image=http://bigjon.no-ip.org/photo/albums/userpics/10001/DSC01282.jpg]

I used an old vaccuum cleaner hose handle. I had to trim it down a bit as it was pretty long at first.

Close-up shot:
    [image=http://bigjon.no-ip.org/photo/albums/userpics/10001/DSC01283.jpg]

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Been lookin' at chromed tailpipe extensions but they are WAY too big.

3. BRYAN_SEECRETS

BRYAN_SEECRETS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    Have I made a curved lightsaber hilt similar to Dooku's? If I haven't made one, can anyone have a tutorial on making this? I'm sure I'm going to construct the first-ever curved hilt.

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Wow, that post sure didn't make a lot of sense to me! 8-} :confused: [face_thinking]

5. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    I bet the person is foriegn. It makes sense if you change the tenses and pronouns to this:

Has anyone made a curved lightsaber hilt similar to Dooku's? If someone hasen't made one, can anyone write a tutorial on making this? I'm sure I'm going to construct the first-ever curved hilt.

That's how I read it at least.[face_thinking] But the last sentence still doesn't make sense unless they didn't bother reading the topic.

6. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    I've never cared for this style of saber, but I was at the hardware store yesterday and thought of this thread when I saw one of these. They're called "sweeping ells", used for electrical conduit. I don't know how readily available the larger sizes are, but intrepid saber makers will make due, I'm sure. ;)

7. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Interesting curved piece. [face_thinking]

Yeah, I wondered that too, Hack, if he was foreign. I looked at his profile and it doesn't say where he's from. There is nothing in there. Some people don't even know they have a profile when they sign up here. Or don't bother putting anything in it, at least.

I also looked at some of his previous posts and they are actually coherent! Which is why what he said above is so confusing to me.

He seems to spend most of his time in the Fan Films forum. Where he's also asking (more like making statements though) about making a Dooku-like hilt.
    :rolleyes:

8. BRYAN_SEECRETS

BRYAN_SEECRETS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    I'm going to make the Dooku sabre from the aluminium 1 1/4 tubes soon.

9. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    This galvanized 90 degree elbow is just about perfect shapewise if you cut it in the middle, you'll have two identical handles. A chrome S-trap is close.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=72275-15527-55545-PE&lpage=none

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp

Go to the home depot page and in the keyword or item# in the upper right-hand corner type in "chrome s-trap"

10. XGundam05

XGundam05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2006
    One of my friends made a Dooku-esque EL saber (Purple) for his cousin. He used an old vacuum cleaner handle, one of the metal ones. It worked great. (We were amazed that he could fit everything inside it!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.