main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku: the most underated character in starwars

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Froschler, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nytemare

Nytemare Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Actually, I think both characters are similar. Could be that Qui Gon was trained by Dooku. Both have rebellious streaks, and don't seem to fit the normal mold for Sith or Jedi.

2. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I agree Dooku is a very interasting sith. He is controll of his emotions unlike so many sith. Some people dont think he is a sith lord but his anger makes him a sith his anger at the jedi and the republic. He stands for anger every sith stands for something

MAUL-FEAR very scary looking
    DOOKU- ANGER hes angry at the republic and Jedi
    Greivous(even though he si really not sith)- HATE his general hate of Jedi
    Vader- SUFFERING well you know
    PALPATINE- EVERYONE he is the ulimate sith

3. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    I wouldn't really call Dooku angry. He really doesn't show his anger at all really. Like you said before, its hard to actually believe that he's a sith from all that self control he has. You can thank the jedi order for that;). I would put maul more under anger then anything else.

Actually, I think both characters are similar. Could be that Qui Gon was trained by Dooku. Both have rebellious streaks, and don't seem to fit the normal mold for Sith or Jedi.

Yes i agree. They don't seem to be a sith, nor a jedi. There kind of in a league of their own, thinking for themselves, which is why they both are probably my favorite jedi. But if Qui-gon had to choose light or dark, he definitly is leaning more towards the jedi. You don't see him being all angry and hatful at all. Qui-gon does what HE believe's is right. Weather or not it is for or against the council. He believe that his judgement, is the right judgement. He trusts in himself, and more importantly the living force. Thats what makes him such a great jedi. Clearly he got all these traits from Dooku who trained him, and he helped Qui-gon to what he became. He helped him to think for himself instead of having the jedi think for him.

4. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    With as smart and strong in the force as Dooku is.Along with Grievous and everyone else,Palpatine did a good job of tricking them.But I would've thought Dooku could have seen it.

5. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    Like you said, Palpatine is just that good. He is so seductive, persuasive, and manipulative. And he has the power to back up his words too. It just shows that Dooku is no match for his master. Palpatine is absolutly brilliant. I can't describe it in any other way.

6. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    I agree.There's no other way to put it.Only Palpatine could atempt to pull it off,and he did just that.Dooku was just one of many pawns to his master plan.

7. Xelima

Xelima Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    I think that Dooku is bit too underated and Windu is way too overrated..and some ppl overates Quin-Qon either..Dooku had almost best knowledge at force using

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    More should have been done with Dooku; particularly the cut scene of Jocasta Nu talking about him and the "lost 20"--this supposedly included insinuation that she had been his lover which could suggest why he left the Jedi Order and also leads to the possibility that she and he conspired to erase Kamino from the library database and all kinds of interesting possibilities. Does anyone know more about this? Without it Jocasta Nu is just a really lame character and we never learn enough about Dooku's past to fully understand his why and wherefor.

9. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    More should have been done with Dooku; particularly the cut scene of Jocasta Nu talking about him and the "lost 20"--this supposedly included insinuation that she had been his lover which could suggest why he left the Jedi Order and also leads to the possibility that she and he conspired to erase Kamino from the library database and all kinds of interesting possibilities. Does anyone know more about this? Without it Jocasta Nu is just a really lame character and we never learn enough about Dooku's past to fully understand his why and wherefor.

Lover? No. She is a jedi master. Maybe possibly as an apprentice while she is still getting used to the jedi code and its rules, but not as a master. She too disaplined for that. I wonder myself about the lost 20. Im just really curious about them.

10. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    I believe the "lost twenty" were disavowed by George Lucas after ATOC, which is why the scene never made the film.

11. ZachH

ZachH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Trained by both Yoda and Darth Sidious. nuff' said

12. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Dooku was cool. Cristopher Lee is cool.

Maul and Dooku should've teamed up and kicked Obi-wan and Anakin around before disapearing off to somewhere Palpatine could never find them BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![face_skull]

Maul shouldn't have died until EpIII man![face_not_talking]

13. Darth_Valeo

Darth_Valeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2005
    Overall during the entire triolgy taking everything in mind though. I think the final list should be this.

1.Luke
    2.Darth Vadar/Anakin
    3.Darth Sidious/Yoda
    4.Count Dooku
    5.Mace Windu
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Darth Maul
    8.Qui-Gon

14. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    1.Luke
    2.Darth Vadar/Anakin
    3.Darth Sidious/Yoda
    4.Count Dooku
    5.Mace Windu
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Darth Maul
    8.Qui-Gon

I agree with almost all of that, except with Luke at number one, and a few other problems. In the trilogy only, Luke is not skilled nor experienced enough to hang with Yoda, Dooku, Mace, or Sidious, or even Anakin in ROTS. But if we delve into the EU, Luke is indeed number one. This is how I'd rank them:

1. Darth Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Darth Vader/Anakin
    4. Count Dooku
    5. Mace Windu
    6. Luke
    7. Obi-Wan
    8. Darth Maul.
    9. Jinn

Just because Sidious in ROTS is no where near the level he is in ROTJ. Luke is just strong enough to be able to use his raw-power against an emotionally conflicted Vader, but then only to be owned by Sidious.

15. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    1. Darth Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Darth Vader/Anakin
    4. Count Dooku
    5. Mace Windu
    6. Luke
    7. Obi-Wan
    8. Darth Maul.
    9. Jinn

That is the closest list to mine that i have EVER seen. It actually makes me happy that some of us are actually agreeing with one another in this thread. Only i thought that Yoda and Sidious looked just about even to me.

1.Sidious/Yoda
    2.Anakin
    3.Dooku
    4.Mace
    5.Luke
    6.Obi-wan
    7.Maul
    8.Qui-gon
    9.Plo Koon
    10.Ki-Adi

16. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I could concede Sidious and Yoda being on the same level. But, it's hard to think that way if you've ever read Dark Empire (Comic Book, EU) where Palpatine is much more powerful than he is in ROTJ or ROTS.

17. Darth_Froschler

Sep 13, 2004
    Well yeah if you bring the EU into this...well lets just not. I personally don't believe most of the EU. But if i had to choose one of them to be number 1, i would say Sidious.

Why? Simply because of the prophecy. Nobody is going to defeat sidious one on one when he is the last remaining sith. Anakin is the chosen one, the one to destroy the sith for good. So you see, it is inevitable that Yoda is to loose. But in their fight in ROTS, they looked pretty much even in saber skills, and force powers more importantly.

The only reason i think GL let Yoda tie with Sidious is for Yoda's own reputation in the star wars saga.

18. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I just wished they called him Darth Tyranus in Revenge of the Sith. I mean, it is the "Sith" movie after all.

19. Delta_07

Delta_07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I like Dooku he had a good fighting style.

20. TheSuperSpecies

TheSuperSpecies Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2004
    So much could have been done with Dooku. Its a travesty that he was used as little as he was. I always said that Dooku is a more arrogant Vader, without the suit. He oozes charisma, charm, and confidence. He actually talks smack to you, while dueling. Vader(before suit), and Maul didnt do that. They werent 1/3 as charismatic as the Count.

To me, he should have been the bad guy from episode 1-3, with Vader eventually defeating him. These last 3 movies have sorely missed a 'cool' bad guy. Thats what made Vader special, thats what made him an icon. Thats why the villians of the PT will never stand up against him. Dooku had a real chance to be that villian that we love to hate. Maul is a mute, and Vader (before suit) is just a killing machine. No life- they have no life.

The PT movies needed a villian that wasn't just a killing machine. They needed a villian that could draw in people to the story. Someone of sophistication, not just a mindless brute. Someone that could not only kick your butt, but could probrably sell you on the idea that what he's doing is for the good.

But, looks like the mindless brutes prevailed.

21. Count-Tyranus

Count-Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Most people can only appreciate the lowest denominator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.