main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku the weakling and coughing Grievous

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by el_guido, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If the movie GG was as awesome as the animated one, it would beg the question, "why doesn't the Confederacy clone 100 people, remove their organs and brains, place them in armored bodies that are 10 feet tall and have 8 arms, have Dooku teach them basic lightsaber fencing, then send them to the front lines to kill all the Jedi?" Having Grievous be slimy and cowardly is a better idea. He likes to practice his skills, but only when his opponent is outnumbered and incapable of winning. When it's two against one, Maul and Tyranus and Sidious take the offensive, but Grievous jumps ship.

He has a powerful body and a knowledge of lightsaber combat, but even with his 4 arms and incredible strength he is no match for someone who is strong with the Force. As for those lightsaber hilts in his cape, I can picture him meandering through the aftermath of a battle, prying them from the hands of burned and maimed Padawans who fell victim to missles, bombs, mines, battledroids, nerve agents, etc. The cartoon GG was just a cross between Vader and Maul, and I didn't think I would like the move GG. I was wrong, the Grievous from ROTS was awesome, one of the best villains.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Too many confuse a tactical retreat for cowardice.

I totally agree with this. It seems because Windu called GG a coward it's taken as truth, when if fact GG comes across to me as tactically smart. I have not seen all of the Clone Wars cartoon, I didn't know anything about Windu damaging GG. I assumed he had complications from becoming a cyborg, or he was damaged at some point during the Clone Wars we do not see. I don't understand why people would have a problem with the coughing or why GG coughs at all.
    I don't see anything that indicates Grievous is a coward or that he is weak, and he is a really good villain.

Dooku is anything but weak, he defeated a Jedi Master and his padawan then held of Yoda, nothing weak about the guy.

3. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    GG coughs because in the last episode of Clone Wars the series Mace Windu used the force and crushed his throat

4. Emporer_Poggle

Emporer_Poggle Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2005
    Dooku was pathetic! He went down almost instantly, a short battle with Anakin. He was awful, he seemed to fight better in AOTC with the pair. Obi-Wan went down loads quicker, which didn't make sense.
    Grievous did have that annoying cough. He had 4 arms and 2 went several minutes into the battle. Obi-Wan beat him without a lot of effort, Grievous looked dead good in the Clone Wars cartoon.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin became stronger than Dooku. That's why he that duel turned out that way. Obi-wan was taken out intetionally, rather than just straight up fighting until he won. Obi-wan's not scared of Grievous like the other Jedi.

6. DarthFisto

DarthFisto Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    It seems really inconsistent that Anakin did so much better than Obi-Wan in the fight against Dooku, then Obi-Wan beat him later on Mustafar.

7. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    The only reason Obi defeated Anakin is because Anakin was to confident in his new powers, and Obi new his fighting style.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin did exactly what Obi-wan had said of him, becoming more adept with a Lightsaber. Then he did what Dooku goaded him into doing. Using his anger and hate to defeat him. Take those two things together and Anakin's a dynamo. Obi-wan did improve with a Lightsaber, but Dooku was told to eliminate the Great Negotiator as quickly as possible. That's why Dooku didn't play around with him as he did before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.