main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku v. Maul

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_jess, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    ( Star Wars Revenge of the Sith ) ~ Matthew Stover
    thats the version i read
    very good by the way.

2. DarthPlagues

DarthPlagues Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Dooku can hold off 3 minutes of Yoda so I'm gonna go with him winning

Besides he commands an orc army in Isengard

3. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    DOOKU IS GOING TO OWN MAUL!!! That's it. End of story. I mean, we all know Maul can do all those acrobatics and is faaar far younger, but Dooku is more of a force master (fire up your force lightning, dooky babeh!!!) and he's got seven decades of jedi training to back him up :D! also, i believe dooku's simultaneous wins (and a draw) in episode II proves his "skills with a lightsaber" ;)!

4. TheVampireArmand

TheVampireArmand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Dooku! More experience! He'd find a way to outfox Maul.

And its Christopher Lee for gods sake. You dont kill Christopher Lee (glares angrily at Hayden)

5. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Dooku, no contest. Because Dooku would use his brain and not only his anger.

6. Jak-Of-Meltdown

Jak-Of-Meltdown Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    if your talking about just lightsabers, maul would kick dooku's a$$, obi wan only killed him cos he was severly pi$$ed off with maul. but dooku would end up usin' lightning on him anyway...

7. Red6_kicks_ass

Red6_kicks_ass Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Maul wants some serious vengence for failing almost everything besides killing Qui-Gon. Dooku just runs when it gets too heated, but Maul steps it up a knotch and owns when the favor is on the other side. Last line is: Dooku is afraid and Maul is pissed.

8. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    This would be a lot like Maul vs. Vader. if it was straight up saber fighting, Maul would probably win. But with the Force involved, Dooku would probably toss Maul around like a rag doll.

9. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Your swords please gentlemen we don't want to make a mess of this thread. So Maul did well against Qui Gon and a young Obi Wan with a double blade. SO WHAT!? Dooku OWNS Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi, OWNS Anakin and then flips and twirls one on one with Master Yoda! Now on to ROTS. Dooku held off an even more powerful and rested Obi Wan as well as "doubled in power Anakin" with a SINGLE blade. Obi Wan was once again dead meat and Anakin only won because he gave into his anger and well yea its Vader hello. Dooku would own Maul the same as Sidious handled Kit Fisto.

10. BanthaFodder22

BanthaFodder22 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I think it would depend on a couple of factors. Count Dooku is the better foe but he is old and has to use a lot of his force powers to get the upper hand (at least in the movies I haven't read all the books yet). In a open area I think Maul would have him cause he has the duel saber and can fight much faster and with more percision than Dooku. Dooku could never keep up but in a inclosed area I think Dooku might be able to take Maul.

11. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    They are both Sith Lords who would try to win by any means necessary. As soon as Dooku found an opening, he would electrocute the **** out of Maul.

DOOKU WOULD WIN RATHER EASILY.

12. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    As soon as Dooku found an opening, he would electrocute the **** out of Maul.

kinda makes one wonder why he didn't do THAT to anakin in episode III @.@! he could've easily electrocuted the life out of ani!!!

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    The novel goes into how the entire showdown was a test of Skywalker, and that Palps would eventually intervene. Dooku was not going at it 100%. Hence the surprised look on Dooku's face once he realized "Kill him, kill him now" he had been betrayed, and it was really to remove Dooku.

I think the exact line from the novel was "But Dooku should have known, treachery was the way of the Sith."

14. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    The novel goes into how the entire showdown was a test of Skywalker, and that Palps would eventually intervene. Dooku was not going at it 100%. Hence the surprised look on Dooku's face once he realized "Kill him, kill him now" he had been betrayed, and it was really to remove Dooku.

AH DRAT, you're RIGHT x.x! ugh, haven't read the novel yet *reminds self to read the novel soon* so excuse my ignorance of that matter. heheh...i guess the the whole "hands off" part of their fight wasn't planned though. man, i bet that stung. CHOP CHOP HANDS!!!

15. The_Negotiator

The_Negotiator Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I agree that anyone on here who thinks Maul would win is just playing favorites. Sure, Obi-Wan and Anakin MIGHT have been winded from the events leading up to the duel, but Yoda wasn't, and he's f-in Yoda. Not only did Dooku own Obi-Wan and Anakin, but he managed to stalemate Yoda AND nearly bring a piece of scenery the size of a house on Kenobi and Skywalker while holding The Green One at bay. Dooku all the way.

16. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Dooku was Maul after many more years of training.

17. BanthaFodder22

BanthaFodder22 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Dooku never really beat Yoda, he used the force against Obi-wan and Anakin as a diversion to get away. If Obi and Anakin weren't lying on the floor like panzies, Yoda would have had that fight1 I am playing favorites but Maul would win hands down!!

18. The_Negotiator

The_Negotiator Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, I will say that Grievous was probably trained by Dooku not only in the exquisite art of lightsaber fighting, but in the art of running away when the going gets tough. No, Dooku did not beat Yoda, but he held his own. Also, if I just got my arm cut off, and you called me a pansy for laying on the ground, it would be in your best interest to stay away from me when I recovered. I will hand it to Maul, he's not the type to run away from battle.

19. Darth_Kickass

Darth_Kickass Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Maul would Maul dooku!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. DarthSnoman

DarthSnoman Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Maul is better with the saber and would kick dooku's a$$ with it

21. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    darth maul is a beast in the lightsaber skills subject so without the use of the force or lightning i think maul would take dooku.

22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    sithrules70 posted on 6/3/05 7:43pm
    darth maul is a beast in the lightsaber skills subject so without the use of the force or lightning i think maul would take dooku.[hr][/blockquote]

I wouldn't go that far. Dooku is more powerful than Maul could ever think of being.

23. Annatar

Annatar Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, I know that Dooku mastered most forms, including his trademark Makashi, and Maul uses Juyo, a lesser, more general form of Mace's Vaapad. I've not read of a duel between Mace and Dooku, but from what I hear, they were a pretty close match-up in sparring rounds.

I'll have to give this one out on special conditions:
    Dooku, if Maul loses focus and underestimates Dooku;
    Maul, if he keeps Dooku from getting away (the Count relies on movement for his attacks.)

If they both go all out, and none of the two conditions above occur, I decree that they will battle until they are both tired beyond reasoning, at which point, the epic duel will devolve into a slap fight; whoever drops dead from exhaustion first (likely Dooku, IMO) wins.

P.S. I wouldn't go that far. Dooku is more powerful than Maul could ever think of.

Maul only had like one or two lines in his movie; who the blazes knows what that little horny (literally) Sith was thinking?

24. Darth_Alexander13

Darth_Alexander13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Maul could easily take Dooku if the force didnt excist. but it does soMaul might have a little harder time but i doubt dooku would defeat him.

25. 1-SIDIOUS

1-SIDIOUS Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Maul would own Dooku's Ass, because Dooku is a wuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.