main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku VS Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by dark-sidious, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    If Mace had made it to the hangar, Dooku would never have left Geonosis.

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Mace would skewer Dooku

Dooku would only have been able to fight Mace in practice before TPM, which is before Mace mastered Vapaad... Also, go to the OS and look up Mace Windu...Mace is ON PAR with Yoda, and Yoda beat Dooku in AOTC

Mace>Dooku

3. Count_D00ku

Count_D00ku Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2004
    In his day, Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only two opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, and Dooku. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master the his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices.

from the OS

4. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Yes thank you for pointing out that the official site says that only two people EVER BESTED him.

This means that only two people surpassed him at one point in time. It does not say he didn't ever equal or pass them later on, which is exactly what he did a la vapaad.

5. Count_D00ku

Dec 22, 2004
    i know we discussed this in another forum, but once again, it's really a matter of interpretation. ROTS will reveal all, especially the extent of mace's skill.

6. JediLiberator

JediLiberator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    Mace may be awesome with his blade, but how good is he at blocking lightning? ;)

In all seriousness I think Dooku would only win such a fight through cunning and treachery. In a drawn out saber duel Mace would have him overmatched.

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    mace is the number 2 jedi, and dooku is the number 2 sith. it would be a close one.

no ROTS spoilers in here please.

8. Count_D00ku

Dec 22, 2004
    here i will quote Dark Rendezvous...

Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground...

all sources seem to suggest that dooku is as good as, if not better than mace.

9. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    Dooku was taught by Yoda for about 73 years and another ten by Sidious therefore Dooku would win no contest.

10. Count_D00ku

Dec 22, 2004
    yoda didn't teach dooku for 73 years, but i get what you're saying. i doubt that sidious could have taught him anything new in terms of lightsaber combat, as dooku was already among the best before his turn to the dark side, besting mace windu already, but maybe not consistently as the-clone-wars suggests.

11. Count_D00ku

Dec 22, 2004
    charn, i'm guessing you meant that sidious taught him in the ways of the sith. in either case, good night all. I-) I-) I-)

12. darth254

darth254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Mace is a "paper champ" and needs to show a better demonstration of his combat ability in ROTS (only defeats Jango). Dooku already has proven himself (beats Obi-Wan and Anakin, then holds off Yoda for 40 seconds and all of this in a row). Judging from what I've seen, Dooku would win, but I'd think it would be close as another has said, these are the number 2 guys.

13. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Dooku in an impressive fight.

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Mace has great power, no doubt there. He must have a very swift blade, and no doubt it probably was a good duel between Dooku and Mace. However, Dooku is one of the most powerful men in the galaxy. Equally in wit and skill. Even in Dooku's aging, I'm sure he could still strike down Mace.

15. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    i dont know..i think mace is better with the saber but i think dooku is more powerful with the force...so that cud be an advantage for dooku..

16. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    None of this is of any importance because Anakin will kill them both in ROTS...

;)

17. MACE_7

MACE_7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    1) Mace has fought dooku before.
    2) Mace has only ever been beaten by two people in combat; yoda, and dooku.
    3) Dooku VS. Mace as Yoda VS Mace would have only been practicing duel.
    4) In a real fight to the death, i think mace would win because he is a great fighter, and can fall back on vaapad if dooku got to hot to handle.
    5) Whoever said mace would let the column fall on obi wan and ani is simply wrong. In shatterpoint, it is revealed that the reason mace never sliced dooku in half when he had the chance, is that his mission was to save ani and obi wan. They might have died down there. Also, the jedi use the force for defence, never for attack. Mace knows this more than most.

18. MACE_7

MACE_7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Correction. In shatterpoint mace is also bested by his apprentice, depa, but then again he made no attempt to defend himself. Oh and whoever said mace was one of only a few who mastered vaapad, he was the first, and the only other person to master it went insane in the clone wars.

19. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I am reading Shatterpoint right now. It's Sooooooo good. Only three more chapters to go!

20. mojorising

mojorising Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm anti-life and pro-truth.

How's that for crazy?

Intergalactic Banking Clan? Pish-posh. It means nothing.

21. Count_D00ku

Dec 22, 2004
    Mace didn't slice Dooku in half on the balcony for two reasons.

1. He was there to save Anakin/Obi-Wan
    2. If he tries to slice Dooku don't you think that Jango would IMMEDIATELY shoot him?
    3. He knows Dooku is way more powerful than he seems. If Dooku had sensed that Mace was going to take the blade off of Jango's throat and try to attack him, Dooku would have immediately drawn his saber or used his lightning.

Logically thinking about this, there's no way Mace could have possibly killed Dooku on the balcony and lived.

Come to think of it, Dooku held his composure entirely and never flinched for a moment when Mace appeared on the balcony. When the super battle droids showed up and Mace had his lightsaber drawn, Dooku just calmly walked away. Dooku was not in the least bit scared by Mace, showing that he did not consider him a threat.

I'm just trying to think of this logically, don't let my name fool you ;) , i'm quite objective.

22. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    You're right. Mace always complained in the EU about how he should have let Jango shoot him down and at least take Dooku with him.

23. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    First of all, we've never even seen Mace battle any other lightsaber dueler in the movies at all. We don't have any basis of what to measure him by. But we have seen Dooku fight Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. Against Obi-Wan and Anakin, Dooku bested them easily and quickly. Against Yoda, Dooku didn't lose but held his own. From the evidence that is given in the movies, I think it's safe to say that Dooku would beat Windu in a duel.

Edit: And if you search for Mace Windu in the OS databank it does say that only Yoda and Dooku were better duelers.

24. BillBrasky

BillBrasky Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    I would have rather seen Mace fight Dooku for a couple of reasons

1st I think it would Establish Mace as awesome fighter.

2nd Yoda should only duel Palpatine, it would be so much cooler if the only time we saw both masters fight was aginst each other, the anticipation would be incredible when Yoda left to confront Palpatine.

3rd We need to see Mace's full power it would be alot better in ROTS if Mace owned Dooku, then was beaten by Anakin/Palps.

25. darthmedium

darthmedium Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2005
    I heard Bill Brasky once drove an Ice Cream truck covered in skulls!!!!

Bill Brasky's @#$%^ can form into a liquid human like that guy from T2!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.