main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku's a DARK JEDI MASTER!? And he's a Sith too!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mavrick889, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's all falling into place...

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Neither Kun nor Qel-Droma were considered Jedi Masters (and in Qel-Droma's case, depending on how you view the symbolism of Qel-Droma's demise, Master Arca's vision and Nomi's words he never left and ended his life as a Jedi Master).

So, yes - Bib is correct, none of the prior examples of Jedi leaving the order would be included in the Lost 20 - it is all falling into place.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Makes sense and does fit into place with what's been established by both Lucas and the eu.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's so nice to see that all of these supposed "errors" about AOTC (Jaster Mereel, Death Star, Lost 20, etc.) are all being resolved almos effortlessly.

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    As I expected.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

6. Agent00Soul

Agent00Soul Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Three types of "Jedi"

1. Jedi Jedi

2. "Ronin" Jedi

3. Sith (Darths)

The real question is the color of lightsabre a ronin Jedi (like the lost 20 - including Dooku before the dispatch of Darth Maul in EP1) would use. Probably the same lightsabre used by Jedi Jedi.

I highly doubt that without the Sith training, you are given a Red Lightsabre and status as a Darth. Otherwise, you're just a garden-variety Sith wannabe that couldn't hack it with the Jedi Council.

7. BrendanM

BrendanM Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Firstly, Dooku is a Jedi Master... or rather, he was one when he renounced the title and separated from the Jedi. So, you could sort of still say that he is a Jedi Master since he still has knowledge of the Jedi ways, the Jedi archives, etc. And since he became a Dark Lord of the Sith after being a Jedi, you could almost say that he's a Dark Jedi. As opposed to, for example, Darth Maul, who was apparently born and bred to be a pure Sith pupil.

8. BrendanM

BrendanM Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    You aren't "given" a red lightsaber, are you? Jedis, and presumably Siths, build their own lightsaber as part of their training. The color of the blade comes from the type of crystals used in the construction. My guess is that Sith tradition dictates that when a Dark apprentice builds his lightsaber, he builds it with the red crystals. Perhaps Dooku created a new saber for himself, or perhaps he simply converted his blade color when he joined the Dark Side.

Speaking of which, how cool is that curved saber? I love how the villains from Episode I and II each had a unique lightsaber that differentiated it from the others. In fact, I was disappointed that I didn't see more lightsaber variety. Mace Windu's was purple, but otherwise it was green, blue, green, blue. I would have liked to see some weird inventions on the battlefield.

9. Agent00Soul

May 17, 2002
    I don't know about Darth Maul. Although I would say that based on Darth Sidious' introduction, Maul was not known to the Jedi Council (by any other name) prior to his reveal in EP1. Which probably explains why he's quite one dimensional and easily dispatched by Obi-Wan.

In any event, Dooku (despite his immense power - as evidenced by the lightingbolts of doom in EP2) is the Sith apprentice. Exactly as Vader was in ROTJ. Even though the apprentice is stronger than the Master, he is still the apprentice. It took Vader turning on Palpatine to finally rid the SW Universe of the Sith (temporarily) and return balance to the Force.

10. Agent00Soul

May 17, 2002
    I can't imagine that someone creates or is taught to create the red lightsabre without instruction from the Sith Master.

I don't believe that a semi-Sith exists. You're either trained in evil or not. You've bought the Sith Program or not.

I think it's quite different than the Jedi Program. You can live your life having strength in the force, but choose not to use it - or use it to secure trade federation treaties. You can choose to avoid the full-fledged Jedi Program but still be not-evil.

(If that made any sense. Siths are the exact opposite of Jedi. But not all of those who have strength in the Force are a Sith or Jedi. Which leaves a big group of "undiscovered" people with Jedi/Sith powers that simply don't get trained. They're not evil simply because they're not Jedi.)

11. Agent00Soul

May 17, 2002
    To summarize:

1. You are a full-fledged Sith or a Jedi. There isn't any room for Dark Jedis or Light Siths or anything of that nature. There are only 2 Siths, so you've got to wait for the apprentice (or Master - ask Vader) to be knocked-off before you get to be a Sith.

2. Once you turn, you can turn back. This may only apply to the Chosen One, though.

3. If you're strong with the Force but don't want to be a Sith or a Jedi, you're not a Semi-Sith or Junior-Jedi - you're probably a circus performer out on the Outer Rim.

4. Christopher Lee kicks ass. Saruman and Dooku in one year. Rumour has it he's Dr. Octopus, Terry Benedict's father, Agent Smith II...

12. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Nah, Dr Octopus is ELton John :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.