main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku's Ambitions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thirded.

Lost his testicles, Master Obi-Wan has. Stole them, Filoni did. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

The Maul return fiasco could be redeemed for me if Obi-Wan gets to kill him again.

On the OP, TCW movie novelization indicated that Dooku promised Ventress to make her a full Sith but didn't think she was ready; I would assume that he planned to use her to overthrow Palpatine at some point. She seems angry and badass enough to me so I'm not sure what Dooku was waiting on but I digress.

There was also talk in the ROTS novelization that Dooku knew of Anakin's anger and ego issues and would have liked to recruit Anakin himself.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Of course Dooku was disgusted by Anakin for his own reasons based on that same novelization.

QuangoFett and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, it's been a while since I read it, but wasn't he more interested in converting Obi Wan?

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That scene was of Sidious and Tyrannus conspiring to put Anakin in a situation in which he could be converted by the two of them. However, Dooku is not said to have much admiration for Anakin beyond his sheer physical prowess. He muses that after Anakin lost his arm in combat, "a gentleman ought to learn how to fight one-handed". Converting Obi-Wan is something of a flight of fancy for him, seeing him as a "grandson" through Qui-Gon, but Sidious quickly reminds him that Obi-Wan is too indoctrinated to be converted. Dooku does actively attempt to kill Obi-Wan with a massive chunk of interior furnishing, so it's not like he latches onto this idea.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I gotta say, though I he's not one of my favorite characters, TCW has really made me feel like I've gotten to know Dooku. In the PT he's in 15 minutes of one movie and 5 minutes of another, and it all goes by so quick his character can feel quite inconsequential. But now when I see him in the PT my mind goes to some of his best TCW moments like ordering the slavery of the Mon Cala - THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN WILL BE SENT AS WELL - in Gungan Attack or how he handles the slaver queen in Escape From Kadavo and it enhances the experience a lot for me, makes me actually feel invested in the character.

Sorry for treating this like a Dooku general discussion thread. :p

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    I really hope they will play out this whole Tyranus betrayal thing. It has been shown that

- Tyranus was not happy with this whole Ventress murdering thing (and since she is now completely on her own, I'd actually like it when they reconciled some time down the road - especially if Sidious intends to replace Tyranus with Maul).

- Tyranus wanted to use Savage to make a move against Sidious. The show actually confirmed that Darth Tyranus wants to usurp his master's place.

And TaradosGan's whole points are completely true. Which is why I expected that a large portion of the Clone Wars EU between AOTC and ROTS would show actual plotting and backstabbing between Sidious and Tyranus. Tyranus is in the best possible position for betrayal. Not just because he wields a lot of power (financially, militarily, and in the Force), but because he is actually ideally positioned to get rid of Sidious without actually confronting him in single combat. Tyranus could cause major trouble for Sidious just by refusing to stick to the script of the fake war. Make the war real, and Palpatine might get in trouble sooner rather than later. Especially since the CIS seems actually have the power and resources to win the Clone Wars if the war had been a real war. It would have needed very little effort to cut Sidious off from the leaders of the Confederacy. Very few people actually knew about his existence, and those who did could be silenced/killed quite easily. Tyranus could also declare that Darth Sidious had betrayed them - for example, by telling them that he wanted the Republic to win the war. Sidious had only sway over the CIS through Tyranus, without him, he would not have been able to pull the strings efficiently. Grievous knew, but Grievous was not in control of the CIS. Sidious was not able to continue the war much longer after Tyranus died in ROTS.

I'm not so sure about this whole reinterpretation of Palpatine's adduction in ROTS. I'd rather like to see Tyranus making a move against Sidious, which is then followed by some sort of reconciliation. If the Sidious and Tyranus have a real quarrel this could seriously damage both their plans, and if Tyranus would end up saving Sidious's ass - perhaps from Maul, Mother Talzin, or simply from being revealed before the time is right - this could explain why he ends up trusting Sidious in the beginning of ROTS.
    But the whole idea that Tyranus, too, may have an eye on Anakin to become his apprentice would be interesting. And I really want to see a better explanation for this whole Tyranus-Obi-Wan-Anakin duel in ROTS than 'Anakin was supposed to take Dooku captive'. Tyranus would not be as stupid to buy this.

Oh, and by the way: They have to give Tyranus and Anakin/Obi-Wan at least one rematch where Tyranus wipes the floor with both of them. I want to see Tyranus become a red-eyed Sith unleashing all his power. That way the talk during the confrontation in ROTS would actually make sense again. Anakin and Obi-Wan cannot refer to the Geonosis duel anymore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.