main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dooku's Empire (AOTC, Dooku's thoughts before the Clone War. One post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthAJ, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Title: Dooku's Empire

Summary: On Geonosis, Count Dooku looks upon the Separatist Army while reflecting upon the war to come.

Note: One Poster.

----------------------------------Dooku's Empire------------------------------------

Alone in the coldness of the night, a dark-cloaked figure stood out on a balcony, looking down at the plains below. In the distance, several dozen Trade Federation core ships were visible, the lights stationed on top of the sphere shining an eerie blue light down the surface of its hull.

Sidious would be pleased.

Pleased because all was going as planned. And if all went as planned, this galaxy wide puppet show would gain him and his master, power. Essential to a Sith?s life.

My Life.

There was no going back now. It was too late. Too late for him to return with the Jedi. Too late, even if he wanted to. He had pledged himself to the Sith...forever. He was no Jedi.

I am Count Dooku. I am Darth Tyranus, Lord of th- the Sith.

Dooku closed his eyes, upset with himself. Upset with the Sith inside him.

A Sith does not stutter, a Sith does not fear his realization of the glory and might of what he has become. A Sith is Proud.

Below, movement began. From beneath the gigantic battle stations, platforms raised up out of the ground and met another platform coming out of the core ships. A bridge. A bridge for battle droids. A Bridge in to the galaxy, where these machines of war would reek havoc on the Republic. And bring it to its knees. Dooku smiled. The thought pleased him.

Having the Republic at its knees meant having the Jedi at their knees. And that would be his final victory against them. Dooku and Sidious would crush the Jedi Order and rebuild something new. An order far more powerful than that of the Jedi?s. One that would not serve, but enforce.

A Sith Order. That would enforce a Sith Empire. There was no escape for Republic.

The Count looked down at the plains once more. The Trade Federation?s and the Banking Clan?s battle droids had been loaded into the sphere, and now it was taking off of Geonosis, to war. And then the Separatists would be a threat that the Republic could no longer ignore. The Confederacy of Independent Systems, as it was formally called, would start attacking outer rim planets and then move to worlds deeper and deeper into the Republic. Then the Republic would be forced to act. And his master had assured him, that that act would be of war.

They will find Kamino, Sidious had said to him. As well as the clones, thanks to your contribution in deleting Kamino?s files and setting up the bounty hunters. Then we will wait for the Senate to collapse and give me the powers to have full use of the army.

Even now, as he stood here and looked upon his master?s handiwork, the plans were in motion. He had just recieved news of a certain Jedi taken captive. That could only mean one thing: The Jedi had found Kamino as well as Geonosis.

Even in the darkness of the night, Dooku?s yellow teeth could be seen snarling at his inner thoughts. Today was the beginning of the reward years in planning. Today, he would take another leap forward towards his ultimate victory: his Empire.

"It will be a shame for the Jedi," Darth Tyranus whispered to no one in particular. ?when the day comes that they will fall and I will rise in their place.?

Unfortunately for him, that day would never come.

And as Count Dooku of Serenno, Dark Lord of the Sith, walked off that balcony he had no idea the treachery that would fall upon him because of his master. Afterall, treachery is the way of the Sith.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Very nice :)

Dooku really, really lost in the Clone Wars. He made a very bad mistake to turn to the dark side.

Not that he wouldn't have died (as a Jedi) anyway in Palpatine's grand plan. Everyone was his pawn :(

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i agree with kudzu.after giving it a lot of thought,dooku's turn actually makes me kind of sad because i always had the idea that he meant well,that at first his intentions really were to make the republic an organization worthy to be followed and to eliminate the corruption in the senate but the problem was that he was a very powerfull jedi already when he left the order and he gain a little more as a sith,and power corrupts,no matter how good your intentions are:(

4. DarthAJ

Dec 9, 2004
    Wow, Thanks alot you guys. I was going for the dark side of Dooku in this post. You guys got what I was aiming for. Thanks!

5. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Well, that is very sad.
    Count Dooku is a tragic figure of the PT indeed.
    I don't think he ever understood what he was getting himself into.
    Power does corrupt. Christopher Lee plays this very well. He seems to do a great job with this kind of character.
    And you did a Great job with this Fan-fic Darth AJ. [face_dancing]

6. DarthAJ

Dec 9, 2004
    Thanks Palpy. BTW that reminds me Saruman was also a character along the lines of Dooku. Once a major character in an organization, the Chris Lee character falls head over heals for power and greed in both stories. Maybe thats why Chris Lee was interested in Dooku because of Saruman. After all he is a major fan of Tolkein. Maybe Mr. Lucas has taken some aspects from Tolkein. Interesting.

7. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Yeah I was thinking of Saruman too.
    You know, that might be the case.
    Tolkien has been looked at by GL before, and it has been discussed on these boards in the past. considering "The Two Towers" came out the same year as Clones, perhaps that's what happend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.