main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku's holograms

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Anyone else getting tired of them? It seems like all of them have been reduced to Dooku awkwardly staring at the person saying "Proceed as planned" like he's so sinister or something.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    The alternative is to have him personally involved all the time and suffer from chronic character threat assassination disorder (CCTAD) a la Grievous.

So personally, I'm happy with him staying a big blue floaty thing for now XD

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've been waiting for this thread and I hope it takes off.

BC, get in here and work your magic.

Perhaps Dooku is dead at this point and they're just mixing old holograms?

Dooku's clone, Doku, will be ready by ROTS.

Maybe he's just super busy working on his real passion.....magic. He did recently lose his preferred apprentice...but the Amazing Dooku will dazzle you with his mastery of electricity.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm surprised he doesn't have secretaries or lower-ranked generals or something along those lines giving some of the orders. *cough*SeparatistCouncilMembers*cough*

We see Grievous give orders every so often, but lately it's been a lot of Dooku.

EDIT: Drat! I was supposed to perform magic. I have failed. Come back later and maybe I'll think of something suitably witty that may or may not involve Nute Gunray.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Uh, the human is lost here. Can one of you explain?

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm getting tired of them myself. The President of the US is Commander in Chief but he doesn't personally brief each member of the army, there is a chain of command that relays orders. It's the same premise here, Dooku has countless underlings and he couldn't conceivably contact each one every time an operation is underway. 99% of all the Dooku hologram scenes in the show could and should be Grievous IMO.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    On a tangent, I was somewhat disappointed we didn't see the other side of the transmission in the Mon Calamari episodes. A holo-Riff Tamson swimming around Dooku would have looked cool.

8. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    At times, Dooku is seriously the wrong character for the seppies to talk to. Its like he is in charge of EVERYTHING. Well....he's not!
    Is the Separatist army really so small that Dooku is the only top-dude to go to for orders?
    This people.....is why we need Sora Bulq and the Dark Acolytes.

It's enough that Ventress is gone but the EU has also rid Mar Tuuk of any future role he could have. :mad:
    Ventress is gone.
    Tuuk is in prison.
    Loathsom is apparently forgotten.
    The Sep. Council is either jailed or forgotten.
    Sobeck and Tamson are dead.
    Filoni/Lucas don't want Dark Acolytes.
    Grievous is incompetant.
    Sidious won't do anything until the time is right.

If I didn't watch ROTS, I'd say Dooku should just quit already! It's so obvious that he is never going to win anything!

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Who is this "Mar Tuuk" person? I guess he's someone of important value to the Sepa

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100110050932/starwars/images/a/a3/Mar_Tuuk.jpg]

OH MY GOD. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE

10. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Mar Tuuk? Is he a new char-- Oh, I forgot all about him! And apparently so did the TCW writers. [face_plain]

11. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    The reason I am making a big deal about this character is that he would have made a good-return-villain.
    Seeing that he had escaped in "Storm over Ryloth", it was clear that the Republic did not catch him and he could....amount something.

Unfortunately, the EU had apparently already jumped on the character. I was skimming his bio on Wookiepedia and found unheard info on what happened to him. It seemed pretty backed up so I sighed with great disapointment.

Thanks TCW team, thanks alot.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I see it as Sideous wants Dooku to personally look over the important(the episodes we see, not the battles away like lets say Anakin,
    Rex and Fisto fighting together? :p) things concerning the Separatists.

To keep it simple really.

13. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    But that leads to another problem. Half the stuff that happens in this show isn't entirely that important. And if it is, then why is the same characters involved? Anakin may be the chosen one but that doesn't mean everything in the galaxy has to revolve around him.

Keeping it simple doesn't make it very interesting. Judging by this thread, I'd say other people were sick of seeing Dooku's mug everywhere too.

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    According to this episode, he apparently makes those pointless calls on planet.

He must hate long-distance bills....[face_plain]

And it must be hard to keep track of every little scheme. Perhaps he just has a recording to make people think he cares about their little schemes?

Anyway, about other seps giving orders...sadly, season one actually did that: Gunray and Tambor were instigators of their fair share of plots. I wonder why CW got worse in this aspect...
    Also, they specifically changed Storm over Ryloth at the last minute to spare Maar Tuk specifically so they could use him again...so why haven't they?

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This is not worth of it's own thread maybe- but yeah i am really annoyed by seeing that in every episode bad guy of the day contacts Dooku (via hologram) and tells "everything is going as planned" right before everything goes wrong..... why to call to Dooku to tell that everything is going well -isn't that what is expected- well with CIS that never succeeds in TCW it is rare.... so why bother to scheme at all when everything goes wrong anyway?

TCW should show how "republic crumbles in civil war" and changes to evil empire, but that doesn't happen- there is just poor attempts by evil people to gain power and CIS gains nothing but steadily loses it's allies.....

16. General_Un-Co

General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2010
    The hierarchy of the CIS really should go:

Dooku says attack the Republic
    Grievious says attack this sector
    General of the week says attack this planet
    Tactical droid says attack this city
    Commander droid says unit X complete action Y.

and obviously when you are communicating success or failure the communication should go back up the hierarchy. Going above your CO's head is a big deal, there is a reason why militarises have a steep hierarchy.

The most important thing we are missing here is a layer between Grievous and the Generals of the week. It is this level the the hologram communications should be going to. And then it is Grievous and his senior commander staff who discuss the war with Dooku, NO-ONE else.

To compare this to the US military structure (Because it is what most people are likely familiar with)
    President: Dooku
    Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: Grievous
    Joint Chiefs of Staff: ??? <- We need these guys badly
    Generals: General of the week
    Colonel/Major: Tactical droid
    Captain/Lieutenant: 00M Commander droid

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^ You're onto something here. Not only is the intermediary role you suggest practical, it would add a new angle to the series if they were to introduce a new concept like that.

This reminds me a bit of the Empire with the Moffs, or even the Grand Admirals. A war council of "chiefs of staff," even if there were only a couple of them, would make the CIS more formidable. Gunray et al. on the Separatist Council aren't exactly military material. Folks like Gunray or Tambor aren't going to sit around deciding war tactics based on personal experience. Maybe Mar Tuuk or Trench could have fit this role, but they've been relegated to Generals of the Week.

If TCW can throw a curve ball and introduce new ideas like Anakin's padawan and a Separatist Parliament, concepts that are completely innovative and we had no idea existed until this show, the show's creators have the ability to introduce a new branch of the Separatist military/navy.

18. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    To check in I would assume. If a person did not contact Dooku it could mean either they were proceeding as planned or that they were unable to contact him due to certain resons such as being captured. But yes, it does get annoying seeing Dooku involved with every little scheme in this show.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Exactly there should be other bosses like seppie council-members behind smaller schemes- like Tikkes being boss of Tamson instead of Dooku or Gunray being boss of Rish Loo.... Dooku shouldn't have time for all little schemes -only very big and important ones....

20. Eone_Bane

Eone_Bane Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    Eh, I don't really mind Dooku's hologram appearences... or his regular appearences. But then... I like Dooku.

And about Mar Tuuk... I was recently wondering when he'd return in the series again. I really hope he does make a return to be honest.

21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Does Dooku have any faith in the Sep Council.
    San Hill, captured, Tambor, captured. Gunray is practically useless. I know there's others :p
    But yeah I agree that it should at least be Grievous going carry out invasion x rather than Dooku who I would have preferred to stay out of such plots to keep his reputation and charismatic advantages.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    If there's a single more hologram of Dooku, I will scream. Seriously, where are the other CIS military personnel? Hopefully this changes in the second half of the season after the prison break.

23. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    This comment makes me sad. Poor Gunray. He has his uses. XD

There needs to be more Gunray love around here if you ask me.

Not that anyone bothers to ask me, so I guess it doesn't matter. o_O

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Your opinion matters as much as anyone else's. [face_peace]

25. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    Aww, thanks. XD My opinion; Gunray is awesome!

Though back on subject I might be less inclined to be annoyed by all the holograms because I still haven't watched all of season three. Is there like... a lot of holographic Dooku-ness in that season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.