main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dookus Job Security ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by voodoopuuduu, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    In AOTC, Dooku takes the Death Star plans from Genosis to give to Palps. If he didnt give the complete Death Star plans to Palps and withheld certain key portions of it, it may explain the long time it took to complete the Death Star from ROTS to ANH. It may also give new meaning to the look of surprise on Dooku face when Palps betrays him in ROTS, ie Dooku's also thinking "You fool, youll never complete the Death Star without me". Any thoughts ?

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm sure Sidious had his own little model of the Death star too.

3. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, it's a better explanation than "union labor"!

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    As far as Sidious is concerned, Darth Vader is more valuable than the Death Star.

lord_sidious_ likes this.
  5. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Thats in interesting theory..................

Sccrman95

6. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    1. Dooku had no reason to hold back pieces of it, for job security or anything else. I'm sure Sidious had it in his hands at the end of AOTC.

2. Even if Dooku DID hold back pieces of the plans, he didn't design it, the Geonosians did. All Sidious would have to do is return to Geonosis, and have them replace the missing parts of the plans.

There's no need to reach for an explanation of why the DS took so long to build. It could have been anything from a lack of suitible materials, to contractor problems, disorganization under the new Imperial order, or even sabatage by the growing rebellion.

7. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    more than likly, palpatine wanted total secrecy of his new super weapon. he had to slowly funnel money to the military, and with an ever watching senate, he and his militray elite had to be very careful. once the war started, he was able to funnel larger and larger amounts of cash to the army, with out anyone in the senate or the public being the wiser.

8. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    1. Dooku had no reason to hold back pieces of it, for job security or anything else. I'm sure Sidious had it in his hands at the end of AOTC.

2. Even if Dooku DID hold back pieces of the plans, he didn't design it, the Geonosians did. All Sidious would have to do is return to Geonosis, and have them replace the missing parts of the plans.

1. Ahh, but hes a Sith. By definition, evil, sneeky and generally untrustworthy. They even say the truth sometimes to really mess everyone up. :p They dont necessarily need a good reason other than to mess others up. For example, he may have held back key plan parts for the day if and when he became Sith master, even if he didnt aspire to become Sith master. Or for having something over on Palps.

2. Yes, but what if the designers were killed. A lot of termites died that day. I imagine it would take some time to get new termite engineers back up to snuff. :D

There's no need to reach for an explanation of why the DS took so long to build. Yeah I know, but not reaching really, just another possible explanation. The Sith are such backstabbers, so it must come into play.

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    The Geonosians wiped the plans in the retreat because if the Republic found them, they'd be in deep trouble. So Dooku for a time had the only copy.

10. SYKO

SYKO Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2001
    I dont think that Dooku kept any of the plans. You think Palpatine is stupid enough to let him keep even the smallest diagram of a hallway? I think not the reason it took so long to build it was well first time building a Space Station the size of a small moon well that takes time. Look howl ong it takes to build a house for the first time takes awhile specialy when yer tryin to keep it secret from the galaxy not an overnight thing there. And with Death Star 2 theyve done it before not gonna take nearly as long to build the same basic thing over.

11. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    I dont think that Dooku kept any of the plans. You think Palpatine is stupid enough to let him keep even the smallest diagram of a hallway?

No, no Palps is not stupid. But what Palps doesnt know is what Palps doesnt know.

I think not the reason it took so long to build it was well first time building a Space Station the size of a small moon well that takes time. Look howl ong it takes to build a house for the first time takes awhile specialy when yer tryin to keep it secret from the galaxy not an overnight thing there. And with Death Star 2 theyve done it before not gonna take nearly as long to build the same basic thing over.

I agree and think Death Star 2 had to be started soon after ROTS. The shear volume of material that had to be manufactured and transported to space is mind boggling. But its possible that Dooku may have slowed down the timeframe even more, especially with the finer points. Death Star 1 was the first of its kind. Palps would have had no idea of what he didnt know about it. :D Anakin/Vader was the mechanical genius, not Palps. Most likely Palps was mechanically challenged. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.