main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RKMeibalane, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Every time I watch the duel between Anakin and Dooku, I've found myself obsessing over what happens to Dooku's saber once he is killed. We don't see the weapon left anywhere aboard the Invisible Hand, nor do we see it clipped to Anakin's belt. So the question is, where did it go?

2. Red1441

Red1441 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    I've wondered about that myself. It seems like Anakin carried it until he checked to see if Obi-Wan was alright. When he realized Obi-Wan was alright, just unconscious, he put it down. I don't think it had a lot of sentimental value to him.

3. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Scanned the databank over at SW.com... couldn't find anything.
    But I googled it and came across thelightsaber.com
    which has some interesting info about the fates
    of various lightsabers.
    Don't know how valid any of it is, some
    of it is blantant from the films, but
    it is interesting reading.
    According to this site, Dooku's saber was
    destroyed when the IH was destroyed.

4. Master-obiwan

Master-obiwan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    Yeah I think it went down with the ship..

5. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Yeah, thats a puzzler what happened to it. I just replayed the scene a few times. Anakin had in his left hand one minute and the next minute its just gone. Inspecting the foreground of the area shows no sign of it. Anakin must have put in his coat. Also we dont see him picking up unconscious Obi-Wans saber that is lying next to him in the next scene, but he must have and stuck it in Obi-Wan saber holster.

6. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    Anyone have the novel handy?
    Any insight in there?

7. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Regardless of where exactly Anakin put the lightsaber down, I'm sure he left it on the Invisible Hand.

But while we're here, let's say Palpatine took it, hid it in his robes, and kept it in a glass case in his apartment, along with half of Maul's lightsaber. Sometimes, he'd take them out, dressed up as Tyranus or Maul, and re-enact famous duels with imaginary foes. Then Mas Amedda found a videotape Palpatine made of himself doing this. Palpatine has never recovered and to this day hates lightsabers.

So there. I've explained Palpatine's disdain for lightsabers in ROTJ (perceived by the fans at large for some reason), the fate of both Tyranus and Maul's lightsabers, and the reason Mas Amedda "mysteriously" died in one paragraph. Someone give me some kind of cheese-flavored award.

8. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Regardless of where exactly Anakin put the lightsaber down, I'm sure he left it on the Invisible Hand.

But while we're here, let's say Palpatine took it, hid it in his robes, and kept it in a glass case in his apartment, along with half of Maul's lightsaber.

Nope, watch and listen to the scene closely again. I know youre kidding, but Palps couldnt have possibly gotten the saber (using the force) without Anakin seeing it. And we never hear the saber drop to the floor or do we see it on the floor. Maybe in Dooku case when he dies, his saber disappears instead of his body. :p

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    IIRC, the novel has Anakin tossing it away. However, that's no fun. :)

(Sort of like the arguments about whether Dooku took Anakin's hand with him when he fled in AOTC. Implausible, but funny as heck :D)

10. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Down and destroyed along with the ship. But yes, I agree with you. I got ticked off when we weren't able to see what "happens" with the lightsaber.

11. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    I remeber those some of those suggestions about what he did with it, one of some of my faves were used it to scratch that spot on his back he just couldn't reach and Slaping Nute Gunray with it every time he gets insolent.

12. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I'm sure after he decapitated Dooku he just left it on the ground.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin drops it after Dooku's dead and before freeing Palpatine. You just don't see it due to where he dropped it. Plus, it's dark in the General's quarters.

14. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    It would have been cool to see Anakin use it for the rest of the film (until it is destroyed on Mustafer) and have him give his old saber to Obi Wan.

15. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Anakin drops it after Dooku's dead and before freeing Palpatine. You just don't see it due to where he dropped it. Plus, it's dark in the General's quarters.

Then the sound editor Ben missed a cue, theres no thud or anything that sounds like a lightsaber dropping. Are we to assume Anakin threw it on dead Dookus body. ? :p

16. DarthDischarge

DarthDischarge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Maybe he stuck it in dookus ......pocket? Right before he said a quick prayer for him or something.

17. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
  18. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    It's locked but maybe it'll give you some info.

Yes, I wonder why it was locked ? Now that the dvd is out, we can clearly NOT see the saber on the floor and clearly NOT hear it drop. :D The original poster of that thread did have a good point in that any normal person would have wanted to keep Dookus saber.

19. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    I don't believe I'd keep the lightsaber used to cut off my right arm.

20. Master-obiwan

Aug 13, 2004
    Off topic... But I also wonder if yoda picked up his light saber... Because it sure looks like his on his belt after he jumps into bail's speeder.

21. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Off topic... But I also wonder if yoda picked up his light saber... Because it sure looks like his on his belt after he jumps into bail's speeder

Not sure what youre looking at. Before jumping, thats the communicator/homing beacon on his belt I believe. In Bails speeder, what looks like a saber handle is part of Bail steering wheel with Bails hand on it.

22. Master-obiwan

Aug 13, 2004
    You can only see it for a second.. it's on his left side near the back.. look right after he lands in the speeder.

23. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    so you mean that Obi Wan had a concieled weapon all this time with him, crazy obi wan he could've taken it out and used it.I betcha once he got to tattoine he probably found out that he had it and said to himself "****!! and all that time on Utapau i worried my self about confronting Greivous with out one"8-}

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yoda has his comlink on him. Only in the novelization does he keep his Lightsaber, but this is different as he never lost his robe in the book, like he does in the film. Lucas added the shot of it falling away to show why he's not using it in TESB.

25. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    when anakin goes to free palps from the cuffs the saber is gone. we can assume he dropped it by the body.

another funny thing like that is in the movie jurassic park 3, when ben is parasailing and puts away his camera by touching it to his butt and it disappears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.