main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Doom 3 Confirmed for XBOX!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Rev, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Rev

The_Rev Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    John Carmack confirms that the graphically impressive first-person shooter will come out for the Xbox and will match the visual fidelity of the PC version.

Id Software had previously expressed interest in doing an Xbox version of its upcoming first-person shooter, but hadn't confirmed that there would be a console version of the game. Today during his keynote at QuakeCon, id's John Carmack said that the Xbox is the only console platform that id is "completely committed" to releasing Doom III on. Carmack further commented that the Xbox version will have the "full graphics fidelity" of the PC version, which made a major debut at this year's E3, where it won a number of awards.
    Id Software has said that work on the Xbox version won't start until the PC game is complete. At QuakeCon 2002, id expressed hope that the game would be done before next year's E3 in May. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the PC game.

Link http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2877682,00.html

Who HOO, I just messed myself!!!

2. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Sweet! :cool:
    I'm not a Doom fan, but Doom III looks GREAT...

3. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    No Thanks,

I still have nightmares... sometimes...

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    They Mostly come out at night... Mostly.

5. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    hell yeah!

another reason that Xbox rules

6. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey while I'm at it, Does anyone remember the Jaguar Conversion of Doom? Was'nt that great!

7. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I'm taking a serious wait and see approach with this game. All they keep harping on is graphics, graphics, graphics. I want gameplay details. From what has been revealed so far I'm not to excited. If this is just going to be a graphical update of Doom and not a gameplay update then all I have to say is, bleh! I'll probably give it a rent.

More Details on Doom

>>>Carmack also revealed a few surprising details about Doom III's multiplayer. Id has always said that Doom III will be primarily a single-player game, and the company stated at E3 that the multiplayer would largely be restricted to deathmatch. However, Carmack admitted that even the game's deathmatch will be limited by certain engine considerations. The games will be limited to a much smaller number of players than other recent id games. The current estimate is a maximum of four players, so it'll be better suited to one-on-one and two-on-two matches.<<<

Ack, only four players for multiplay. :eek: That would be well suited for the Xbox offline. But online play demands more then four people. It's going to take an expansion pack to get some decent multiplay.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

8. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm taking a serious wait and see approach with this game. All they keep harping on is graphics, graphics, graphics.

Sadly, what R_B_E states has been the case more than once with some of these "next-gen" games. You hear about how great the game is, only to rent it and see it is a display of the PS2's, Xbox's, or GC's graphical prowess. One such game that comes to mind immediately is Blood Wake. Great looking game, but the gameplay was horrendous (At least IMO)

9. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    It's id software people - all there games are awesome. Name me one dissapointment that they have released, one game that has failed to live up to the hype?

As for graphics - id has always been about the best graphics, that is nothing new. And they stated will in advance that this would be a single player game primarily, so why are you complaining about the multiplayer?

That's like complaining about the lack of single player in SW galaxies.

10. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    All I have to say about Doom III:

[image=http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-05-24&res=l]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.