main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Doom And Dischord" (AU, one-shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL!

Oh gosh, Dana, Dana, Dana!

That was very believeable and hilarious at the same time! I love it!

*snicker* It really -is- odd courple week on the boards *snikers some more*

Oh my, my, my... Kyp and Mara *chuckle*

Jaina and Corran *chuckle*

I loved it, the get away from K/J just proves that when one puts ones mind to it, you can accomplish anything, lol!

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    WHOA!

Luke/Callista

Kyp/Mara

Jaina/Corran

Now THAT is someting I have NEVER read before.....surprisingly....I really liked it!!!

though I have a little bit of a hard time picturing Kyp and Mara....though, strangely, they go well together..

:)

3. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    :eek:

Wow! [face_laugh] Now there's a bunch of combinations I never thought of before (though I really hope the Jaina/Corran doesn't catch on :eek: :p [face_laugh]). I have to say I was amused. :D

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Sorry for the delay in replies. Stupid work.

DarthIshtar - Hmm, so Luke and Callista... Funny Corran Jr.

Given that it's satire, and Corran has a tendency to be ego-centric . . .

MiaTieska - You actually did Mara/Kyp.
    And Jaina/Corran.

Never let it be said that I can't do anything but K/J. ;)

*headdesk*
    I think my brain hurts.

Mwaahahaha! [face_devil]

Daughterofflame - ¡Ay! L/C? K/M????????! Can I assume that Corran's still with Mirax??? Or was the cradle-robbing jab to point out an alternative relationship?
    Gah! You've got me hooked already!

LOL! Sorry, that's all there is. Just a moment of "What the kriff?"

Healer_Leona - I am just getting around to know the characters in the EU and you're playing musical chairs with them or would it be muscial pairs??

Heh heh heh! Sorry if I confused you.

Very interesting Dana... and amusing for the twist ending.

Didn't end quite how I wanted, but, eh.

djcati - I think I'm ded...
    <3

Heh, glad you like.

Kyp/Mara! I seem to remember a discussion of sorts about that... I think...

Yeah . .. probably from the same source I got the bunny.

Corran/Jaina... I had a crack dream about that once, last summer. o_O

Well, it was gonna be Jaina/Isolder, but EBrooklynW convinced me otherwise.

Yes, very good. Very crack.

Heh, thanks. :)

padawan lunetta - ACK! Woq, lol! Love it aside from Lukie\Callista, I want ot kill her.

Isn't necessarily Luke/Callista. She's there, but I don't know if they're an item or not. *shrug*

Corran Junior *snort*
    Cute!

Thanks!

GoddessJainaSoloFel - It feels like you put all the characters in a box and paired them as their names were picked out! Very interesting twist.

LOL! Hey, that isn't a bad idea . . . I mean, as long as it doesnt lead to slash.

DarthIshtar - Duh, I completely forgot to mention K/M because I was arching my eyebrow over L/C.

LOL! And K/M was the whole point of the thing!

Daughterofflame - Oops! Missed the part where Jaina was identified. *ducks*

LOL, that's okay. It's not as relevant as the "Kyp just kissed MARA?!" I was going for. ;)

Jesina_Dreis - Luke/Callista...

;)

Kyp/Mara...

:p

Corran/JAINA!!!???!!!

[face_laugh]

That's the one that hurts my head the most...

Heh heh heh! [face_devil]

And I thought we were playing musical 'ships in the joke fic...

Oh, I could have made it much, much worse. ;)

Thrawn McEwok - Dana: Great 'fic!

Thanks.

SpeldoriontheBlended - Y'know, just, um, DIES*

Shouldn't it be C/M K/J, though?
    Wait... this is me saying that? Usually it'd be over my dead body...
    *looks up*
    Yeah, that's why then...

Kyp/Mara was the whole point of it, lol.

Bria921 - Interesting twist.
    Corran jr. is cute!

He wasn't supposed to be.

Elfsheen - Ohhh this was interesting!

Thanks.

Smuggler_Shidakis - *blinks*
    *rubs eyes*
    *blinks again*
    Kyp/MARA?!
    JAINA/Corran?!

Okay... I really want to know where this came from...

Discussion on why Mara might hate Kyp so darn much, other than that he stole her ship and he fried Luke. We tossed around a theory that maybe she had an unrequited subconscious crush on Kyp and was pissed when he didn't even notice. :p

GreatOne - Hey... this is MUCH better than 'Dead Han' and Leia/Jag! MUCH, MUCH BETTER! (the only thing that would make it perfect would be Luke being dead, too!)

LOL! Yeah, I could have killed Luke and made Jacen the leader of the Jedi!

Leia - Bwah ha ha! I love it! Although I had to reassure myself that it could not possibly ever happen...right?

Not if *I* had anything to say about it. ;)

Great fic, DantanaSkywalker!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, it was most appropriate to the nature of the satire.

6. Alhon

Alhon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2005
    Looks like I'm going to ruin the celebration...

Although I usually enjoy AUs, this didn't stick with me. Things just didn't line up for this to work.

1st: Luke/Callista. Believable, considering this is AU.
    2nd: Kyp / Mara. Considering that Mara's about 15 years older than Kyp...

3rd: Jaina/Corran. Same as Kyp/Mara, but Corran's the older one.

This is one that just doesn't seem to fit. I know that AUs are SUPPOSED to "not fit," but... I dunno...

However, the writing style was nice, and I am looking forward to seeing some more.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    DarthIshtar - Yes, it was most appropriate to the nature of the satire.

:D

Alhon - Looks like I'm going to ruin the celebration...

Hey, I can take criticism, as long as it's actually constructive and not, y'know, a flame disguised as concrit.

Although I usually enjoy AUs, this didn't stick with me. Things just didn't line up for this to work.

Well, it was written pretty much to get the idea out of my head, and to get my readers to go, "What the heck?!" :p

1st: Luke/Callista. Believable, considering this is AU.

Right.

2nd: Kyp / Mara. Considering that Mara's about 15 years older than Kyp...

*shrug* The whole thing was written because I had this idea of "What if Kyp and Mara . . . ?" It's not meant to really explore the idea.

3rd: Jaina/Corran. Same as Kyp/Mara, but Corran's the older one.

. . . by about 30 years. :p He's literally old enough to be her father, considering he's about the same age as her mother. ;)

This is one that just doesn't seem to fit. I know that AUs are SUPPOSED to "not fit," but... I dunno...

Well, they aren't necessarily suppposed to "not fit". I would like to think that some of the AUs I've written fit. This one, though . . . yeah, it was supposed to feel off.

However, the writing style was nice, and I am looking forward to seeing some more.

Thanks. :) There won't be any more on this, but if you like my stuff, there's a link in my profile to a list of just about everything I've currently got posted here on the boards.

Dana

8. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Okay... I really want to know where this came from...

Discussion on why Mara might hate Kyp so darn much, other than that he stole her ship and he fried Luke. We tossed around a theory that maybe she had an unrequited subconscious crush on Kyp and was pissed when he didn't even notice.

(blink) So I'm the one responsible for this particular bit of insanity? :) Nice to see this crazy bunny utilized so nicely. :) I wouldn't be strong enough to stomach Jaina/Corran, though. :)

And the fact that Mara is about 15 years older than Kyp... well, it's more like 10 or 12, actually, and, considering that a great number of fanfic tends to pair Kyp with Fen Nabon, who's about 20 years older than he is... :) Now that would be robbing the cradle, considering that he was 17 at the time. :) Not that I think it's completely impossible, but I do think it's highly unlikely, considering their personalities and background. Even Kyp/Mara is more believable. I don't think the notion of robbing a cradle would really stop Mara. :)

A.

9. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    I thought Kyp was 19/20 when he met Fen? Though...she'd still be twenty years older than him. XD;

Ah yes, I thought that was where I remembered the Kyp/Mara from, though.. ^^

10. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Kyp is indicated as being 16 at the beginning of JAT in all books save for one bit in DA, which was obviously KA's mistake. He clearly specified as being 16 at the time they run from Kessel in TUF. It was in 11 ABY. Kyp met Fen at the same time Luke was having fun on the Eye of Palpatine, which was at 12 ABY. So he's 18 at the very most. And there are references to Fen's age in the story, where it was said that she sung as a child for a few coins in Corellia's cantines some thirty-odd years before. So she is about 35-42.

A.

11. Alhon

Alhon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2005
    Rereading it, I think I took it a little too seriously!
    In that light, it's quite good!

12. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Goodness gracious, what's with all the crack 'ships lately? *chuckles* Thanks for the laugh. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.