main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DOOM RAIDERS - NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darren

darren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2000
    Yeah, those kids were great to work with!

(Forced grin!)

2. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001

"NO WEB SITE IS CONFIGURED AT THIS ADDRESS."

I can´t download the movie and i can´t go to the site fanfilmfx.com!

That´s very bad! has anybody else the same problem?

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Yeah, fffx.com is down.

DANG IT!

:_|

4. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, FFFX is down for the forseeable future, according to datoolman. If I understood correctly, releasing Doom Raiders and The Formula on their server back to back was bad for bandwidth.

Sucks for me, since Nick was looking at hosting higher speed downloads of the audio files for Second Strike and ChronoRadio.

5. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    MAJOR BUMP.

How did this slip this far back to page 4?

I really want to see this one, where can I download it?

Thanks
    Mike

6. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Just finished watching it.

GREAT FILM!!

A full review will come soon (I'm a tad sick at the moment, can't think well enough to review it)

7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    I've uploaded DR to my server, but it can probobly withstand only one download.

So, if you haven't seen it, and want to, contact me. If I find you worthy, I'll send you a link to the file.

anyway,

¤Eagle 'Rick McCallum Loves you!' Harbin

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    tee hee

9. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Well, I'm still waiting eagerly to be able to download this film (although I've been downloading The Formula since close to the time it was released and I'm only a quarter of the way through, so maybe it's a good thing DR isn't here too), but I just wanted to say that you guys have ruined me for life with TESBY. I laughed at Yoda non-stop through AotC in light of how you presented him in TESBY... Especially in the last Council scene where Obi-Wan and Mace are talking and Yoda just says "I agree." I got a lot of odd looks for that one... You've made me embarrass myself!

-Paul

10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    GOOD NEWS:

The nice chap who runs The Indy Experience has offered to host our film, so it is now available for download. There is a link on the left hand side of the page under Site Features. His server is sometimes fast, and sometimes slow, but DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU. DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!!!!

11. Deagle_Raa

Deagle_Raa Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    yay!
    Downloading now

12. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    YESSSSSS!

I couldn't get it when it was released because my 56k was already tied up with the 200 meg Forumula... but now I have dsl... BRING ON THE DOWNLOADING!

Great news!

Cya
    Mike

13. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Hey, could you get them to just post the straight Quicktime file instead of the Zip file? There's hardly any filesize difference, and the zip appears to be corrupted.... I keep getting the following error message when trying to extract it:
    bad CRC 510044e4 (should be 76a10bb0)
    Warning: the size of the extracted file (167552385) does not match the uncompressed size (167552365) recorded in the zip file

Fenn

14. Deagle_Raa

Deagle_Raa Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    I have the same problem
    looks like zip file is corrupt

15. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    I can't seem to get the site right? Can you post another url? The movie sounds really good from what I hear.

16. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Just been to the site to download the film, and they've taken the film down.

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    One disaster after another with this ******** film :(

Basically, although the host had unlimited bandwidth, the demand for download basically crashed his server (he has in own server in his own home), so he's basically said he can't host it.

At the moment, we have no hosting solution :( Any volunteers?

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I can send it through AIM as well. That's all I can do to help. :) Transfer rate is approx. 15 K/s.

But yeah, the best would be to find a really good host.

19. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Is upgrading your server and hosting it yourself out of the question? If you intend to sell the DVD's it might be worth looking into, and maybe setting up a little e-commerce site, complete with credit card ordering facilities etc.

It's a work up, but you may well actually get a return on your investment. Post up a really dodgy quality version, and make people buy the DVD if they want a 'pristine' version.

20. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Okay guys, we have another link for ya (DivX only I'm afraid)

Click here and cross your fingers!

21. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Downloading now, fingers crossed... I wanna see the end! :D

Fenn

22. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    Probably for the best anyways, I started downloading two days ago, but got only 8k a seocnd, so I figured I'd try later, well I try today and see this message, so I dig up the thread, click the NEW link, and am getting a respectable 80k a second... so I'm sticking through with it this time-- only 28 minutes to go!

Cya
    Mike

23. buzz174

buzz174 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Unfortunately, demand for downloads from the server at The Indy Experience, caused the whole thing to grind to a halt, and it has been withdrawn from that site.

For a short time, I am making the film available for download in DivX format (better then the quicktime one anyway), from our OWN website, which should offer good, high speed downloads. Just visit our site and browse to the Doom Raiders Media page.

Be quick though - our bandwidth is limited, and although we have gone over on it before, I am not sure how soon we may be forced to withdraw the file again.

I may make the DR Film available for just a few days each month... until we find a suitable permanent host...

Ed

24. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    Well then I feel lucky I got to get it!

This film blew me away. I say film because I think it is more than just a "movie" or a "fanfilm" (not to take ANYTHING away from fanfilms at all). The level of professionalism that is seen in this movie is insane. I couldn't beleive what I was seeing sometimes, and honestly thought that this HAD to be clips from an Indiana Jones movie.

I have to say, the coolest part of the movie (for me) was the two trucks and the helicopter scene. It was awesome... just, how did you get the helicopter? The trucks? Maybe I am just being stupid, but I haven't seen the indiana jones movies in years, and since, (to my knowledge) they aren't on dvd I am not about to go out and buy them, so ARE the wide shots in this taken straight from the movies? Even so, it worked REALLY well...

I must say, I am so impressed with this movie... acting was really good... you had people that really fit the part... the lara croft character was dead on, and ditto to the indiana jones character.

I remember you saying something about this being able to be sold on dvd??? I just want to say that I would DEFINATELY be interested... especially because compresion (both audio and video) kind of hindered a few moments in the movie, but besides that, I have zero complaints. (other than that the dialouge was a little hard to hear at times, but once again, could be because of compression.

Also, it sounded like you actually left in some midi songs in there... were my ears deceiving me or is this correct? If so, it was still really great music, but I much rather would have preferred to hear it on an orchestra. (yeah, and I wish I had 6 XL-1's to shoot my movies in too...so take that comment with a grain of salt)

Excellent job on completing your feature length film.

Next up on my wishlist for backyard productions: The Empire Strikes backyard-- Special edition. (come on, don't tell me after doing this you don't look back on ESB and say "man, we could do so much better now... althought he comedy in ESB was some of the best in a fanfilm to date)

Cya
    Mike

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Wow!

Thanks for your comments, Mike!

Nothing from this film is taken from anything else. We filmed it all ourselves.

I really appreciate what you said about ths music. At the moment, all the music is MIDI, although I spent hours and hours trying to make it sound as authentic as possible (using different soundfonts and the like). There are plans in motion to get the music scored professionaly.

Getting the trucks and helicopters was no small feat, and we have Darren to thank for that. The film in total only cost us 1300 pounds!

Thanks again for your comments. It's stuff like that which makes all the effort worthwhile!

Hal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.