main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DOOM RAIDERS - NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz174

buzz174 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Well... people are definately downloading it, but no-one seems to have anything much to say about it... come on! What do you think?

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, Eds...

YAY!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

EVERYONE, GO SEE DOOM RAIDERS!!!!!

BEST AMATURE FILM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    bumpy bumpy!

4. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Well... I've downloaded it and I can't get it to play because of stupid divx. I'm on OSX so I tried downloading the codec and it still wouldn't play, then i downloaded something else thats supposed to fix .avi files so they can play in quicktime, then i converted the fixed file to .mov and all I got was green, but I did get the sound. Can anyone help me???!?!?

5. darren

darren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2000
    Got this yesterday and sent to Buzz, finally the hosting issue might be going our way!

"Darren,

I've watched with horror the hosting problems you've been having... so I'd like to offer to host Doom Raiders for you...."

"It's a website dedicated to the showcasing of low-budget works. We are co-sponsors and you guys would be a welcome addition there!

We are running a festival here in the US next month, and while it's too late for submission this year, perhaps we can run a special premier anyway!

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
    Michael Linn
    www.linnproductions.com"

Here's hoping!

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    rhymes with 'dump' and starts with 'b'!

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    What version of DIVX is this encoded in? I have 5.0 but all I get is a black screen. ?[face_plain]

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    very strange. I'll speak to the bloke who encoded it. Hopefully, there's a MOV version coming up very soon

9. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    I had the same problem after downloading the movie. I have Divx 5 and only get the sound to work, no picture, even after importing into premiere or virtual dub.

10. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I was only able to get it to play using the original DivX player... but I finally got to see the end... :)

11. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    I'll shortly be replacing the DivX file on our website with a Quicktime one, of a similar size... only for a few days though!

Ed

12. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    88% uploaded...

13. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    99%...

14. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    Go for it!
    Just visit the BYP website and surf to the Doom Raiders Media page...

15. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    hey, 95 kbps with no download accelerator, nice, very nice I like this site. You guys definately found a great site, and since the film is so big it must be awsome quality! Can't wait!

16. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    We're on our knees praying we wont get charged for our excess bandwidth by our (slightly sloppy) webspace provider....

Please pray with us... our monthly bandwidth is not meant to exceed 5000MB - we have exceeded this in four out of the last six months, and this month (july) we have already reached 13110MB after just 5 days!

You may have thought I was joking when I said time was short.... it's not...

I just hope they don't take down the whole BYP site!

17. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    hate to break it to you buzz... but there is no way you aren't going to get another 10 gig (at least)

I'd watch your bandwidth VERY CAREFULLY if I were you... 5 gig is not much... Daftmaul uses something like 50 gig for 1 11 meg trailor and a webpage.

Cya
    Mike

18. buzz174

Aug 20, 2000
    It should't need to be for too long - I think we may finally have a permanent host for the film... we'll keep you posted.

Ed

19. Twisted_Hero

Twisted_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Loved the film, definitely well worth the 4 hours i spent downloading it...

I would have liked to get the divx encoded version, but i couldn't wait.

It was very entertaining, i actually had to pause it a few times because i was almost in tears with laughter. The story line was well thought out and flowed nicely.

I'll keep my eyes open for the divx version, i neeeed it.

Jezza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.