main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do's and Dont's for the convention?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by strawbary, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    THANK YOU BRIA
    I am glad someone else feels the same way ;)

It takes alot of self control for me to not run around like an idiot if Harrison Ford were in the room.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :D Yeah. Or Ewan McGregor. I love him too. But Han and Lando rule even more than young Obi-Wan. [face_love] :D

Lando is oh, I don't even know where to begin. Yummy. [face_love]

I like him so much I went out and reserved from the library the two books Billy Dee Williams wrote and read them so if/when I meet him I can tell him I read them. And because anybody could *say* they've read them, I can prove it! He mentioned a cd on *one* page in the book and I can name the cd and the track title of the song that was mentioned. :D

Yes, I'm obsessed. It's a way of life. :D

~*~Bria

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok - DO Let me know if I have drool hanging off my face if I get up close to Billy Dee Williams.

DONT Let me stand there like a frozen speechles idiot ;)

Strawbary

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Oh, I know what you mean. :D

Bria: Pleased...to...meet...you... *squeak* Mr.Williams.... *looks down and sees drool* Uh... *dies of motification* [face_blush]

~*~Bria

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Is there a "how to not act like a dork in front or your fav character class 101" on these boards?

Thats where I need to be.

:)
    Strawbary

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I hope BDW is nicer this time around! He was very very grouchy at GenCon this year.

7. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Billy likes the ladies. He has been known to offend, though. Apparently he has a past with Michonne and Shannon from past cons.

But be nice...and he may share a 45 with you.

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I hear it works every time. ;)

I so need that class. :D At least I'm not nervous about meeting authors at CII. One of them is even expecting me. We've talked in the pasted through email/PMs and I look forward to meeting him. :)

~*~Bria

9. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    This is a reply to Womprat757's post. I've never met Carrie Fisher but heard a story that put her in a bad light while I was down in Florida last summer during the annual Star Wars weekend. The bad situation was how she treated her fans during the signing. If you want more details about it, PM me.

BTW, I'm hoping that it was just an isolated incident. She is the one person besides BDW that I wanted to get an autograph the most.

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You all are acting like you're going to be able to say more than just 'Hi, could you make it out to Don, please. D-O-N, thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you.' ;)

If your really worried about this hang with me. In the past I've been as cool as the other side of the pillow when it comes to meeting actors. You just have to realize no matter how stupid what you say is, it'll be forgotten five minutes later when somebody says something even stupider. :p

11. jediteddy

jediteddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    hee...hee.. funny story about BDW. I took my friend to her first convention (motor city) a few years back. She was so excited to meet him that she could hardly contain herself in line. (enthusiam is a great thing when you have to wait 2 hours in line - it keeps the grumpies away.) We finally got in front of him and she was totally speechless. Not a word, not a sound. I ended up saying for her "Hi, Mr Williams she is a big fan and loves your work" He was really nice to her and gave her a very nice and flattering comment.
    The moral of this story is 2 fold, one good friends are invaluable, and two celebs known for "negative" attitudes can often surprise you with kindness.

Oh, and for the ladies like myself, bring a towel when you meet silas carson. There will be drool a plenty.

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Meet who?

Anyway, thanks for that story, jediteddy. :) I bet BDW is used to rendering gals speechless. [face_love] :D

Of course everybody has their good days and bad days and no matter who the celebrity is they're going to have good days and bad days, just like the rest of us. ;)

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.