main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Dose anyone remaber STARFORCE?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Yea dose anyone remaber that store? I used to go there once a week it was the only store in the world that had nothing but Star Wars stuff! dose anyone know what happend to them and if they have a online store now or what? ?[face_plain]

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Are you talking about the one in El Cajon by the old Regal 8 theatres? I would go there all the time. The owner was Lance and he closed that shop and had an online store for a while. I think CaptainPanakaBacca said he was a manager someplace now. You might want to PM him if I am thinking of the right place.

3. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, I remember that place! :) I used to go in there and just stare at the endless rows of SW toys. :D I sure they disappeared due to their outrageous prices. [face_plain]

4. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    yea you are talking about the right pleace Mara He actoly just singed up to be part of IE. Its where he was rased. Yea they were really pricsy.

5. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    lol I remember that store! Actually I remember BEFORE Lance had that store, he used to sell stuff at a Looney Tunes store at UTC ALONG time ago and sent out catalogs, I think I still have one! Yeah his pricess were high, considering you could go next store to Play Co. Anyone go to Good Guys Bad Guys at Grossmont Mall, they had some cool props and an R2.

Jeff

6. Epicauthor

Epicauthor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    I remember that place! I went there once in high school and when we tried to go back we couldn't find it.

I bought Dark Forces 1 there when I went. It was a pretty cool store. Expensive, but cool.

Where exactly was it?

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, I saw that Good Guys/Bad Guys store once I think - that was when I was living in El Cajon/Santee area also. (1991 - 1999)

8. Xtant_Tyranus

Xtant_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Yea that guy probably went bankrupt, his prices were high, and he had nothing really that was new, it was all old stuff

what about the toy box in mission valley??

jim was the owner does anyone know what happened to him?

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't remember "The Toy Box" sorry... of course I was living in New Mexico from Aug. of 1999 - June of 2001, so anything that happened here during that time I was oblivious to.

10. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Anyone know of any antique/collectibles shop that has SW toys for sale. The kind of shop where you see display cases everywhere, locked with toys belonging to different dealers, hard to find new and classic SW toys for sale. I love those places. I know of a few in Orange County, and L.A. Anything like that in San Diego anywhere? Not neccesarily like Comics N Stuff that are in the malls. Thanks for any info.

11. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Ah yes, Starforce..know it well! In fact my fondest memory of the place was just across the street was the escrow company for when we were buying the house before this (1997) and we were waiting for the papers to arrive. We spent quite a while just staring at all the stuff. The prices were rediculous but occasionally we'd find something that was worth it. I don't thing we ever left empty handed, that's for sure ;)

12. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    For my seventh Birthday my dad and I bilt an Empers Thron room and I had to buy a bonch of "standys" from them at like 23 bucks a pop! I have pics from that party but I dont know how to post them. :(

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Brandon, anytime you or anyone wants to post some pics, just email them to me and I will upload them to my site. I host lots of pics for the people on the collecting forum.

14. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    cool whats your e-mail? I dont think I have it.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    MaraJade@SanDiegoStarWars.com is my email addy.

16. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    cool I well grab my phot album and send them to u.

17. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    I remember that place. It was really neat, but overpriced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.