main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dose the Hapes Consortium have a place in cannon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PimpBacca, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I loved Hapes, the beautiful women that can't see in the dark, the battle dragons and the intrigue but you have the right to your own opinion.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I liked that one scene where Queen Mother Ta'a Chume drove the kids to her vacation island, personally driving the speedboat on her own. I imagined it was one of those small one-person speedboats and the kids were all crammed precariously on the back. Also she had to be wearing that veil, so she was probably facing forward while it was flying in everyone's faces.

Yeah I loved that scene. I want that scene back. Can we bring that scene back with like, little brandy-brown-eyed Kylo, his Weasley friend, and some one-armed Dathomiri girl? There's a place for Hapes for you.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    No I wouldn't want that, aping YJK they have already mines the EU enough already.

4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Personally, I'd like to see Hapes. I think a female-dominated society, if written well, would be an interesting counterpoint to our mostly male-dominated one. Sadly, this lies more in the realm of Star Trek, since it never seemed to be afraid of making a political point more than Star Wars did. Also, as was mentioned in one of the earlier posts, no one seems to want to watch the politics of Star Wars...although it would be a rewarding movie if written well. Which TPM wasn't.

Additionally, I'd rather the 'New' Cannon would steal more stuff from the 'old'. Why re-invent the wheel? Why wasn't Vader's place in 'Rogue One' Bast Castle instead of on Mustafar? Again, the idea has already been written...don't ignore it just because it isn't 'new'.

Sarge likes this.