main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive DotF's Art - update 5-17-06 (ROTS Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Whoop-Sith poster mock-up

I fiddled around with shadows, but they became a pain, so I left them off. It's weird that in pics I found on the web, cans are often lighted so there aren't any shadows, or they're so small you can barely see them. [face_thinking]

Oh, and I'm still not sure about the text on the can. :p

Poster with shadows

Not really that much better. :p

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I really like the final poster. Very original idea. :)

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    After pulling out my hair over Elements' limitations, I came up with what might be passable as planets.

Blue Planet
    Rusty Planet - with the blue planet layers inverted

4. Meverett

Meverett Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    all very good! I'm impressed

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'd say they're more than passable, DofF. They really look great! Nice job! :D

6. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
  7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, DotF, your planets are great, but this last one is really great! Very realistic, with the surface irregularities/features visible near the terminator--excellent! I feel like I'm in orbit around it! :D And the posters are great, too! I especially like the Dexter one--the text is hilarious (and his bewildered expression is perfect!)! [face_laugh] Great work!

FF

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, excellent planet rendering! Very realistic. It really is amazing what can be done on the computer. I envy you for being able to do something like that. ;)

The posters are pretty clever. They remind me of teaser posters or something along those lines. And great taglines on them! :)

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Thanks! :D

That planet took about a week to figure out. The base texture was probably the worst kind to work with; it has at least four strong colors that don't really mesh well on the planet. So I used the clone stamp tool to cover parts of it so that I could deal with two strong colors and leave bits of the others here and there. The atmosphere had to be done on a separate document to play around with the color. I botched the whole thing several times (once by not saving the document in layers :oops:). Finally, I did get things simplified.

10. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Putting in the piece I did for the Art Challenge:

Han on Hoth

I got a spoiler pic that's begging for a poster, but I haven't gotten a handle on a solid concept yet. Maybe I need to look for more pics.

11. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Finally done!

Palpy poster (one ROTS spoiler image included)

I think it's a mild spoiler, but I put the warning up anyway if somebody doesn't want to see any spoiler images at all.

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I really like the Han pic, it's very stylish. The Palpy one has a wonderfully insincere quality.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It has a humorous quality in a way. Just the way he's standing in the foreground with a mocking look on his face. I think his gesture adds to it too. It kinda mirrors his whole quest for power. Very nicely done! :)

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    DotF, Palpatine is wonderful! I have to agree with soits about the "insincere quality" aspect--sort of goes right along with the duality in him throughout the prequels! Very nice! I really like the Han on Hoth picture, too--captures our favorite pilot/former pirate perfectly!

FF

15. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Yes! Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. :D

That pic had the right amount of "trust me, I'm harmless" to it, and you know he'll stab you in the back whenever it's convenient. Priceless. :)

16. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Not much going on lately. I don't really feel inspired to do anything. I have been working on icons, though, and updating the collection sporadically. (They're not JC friendly at 80 x 80). If anyone wants to check them out, here's the link: my avatars

17. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Nothing new, but I'm having a hard time finding ROTS pics I haven't seen before. I'm looking to make new icons; I wonder where people making ROTC icons for the JC are getting their images from? :confused:

Speaking about icons, my avatar library--and my whole website--will be down until further notice, so none of the links here work. I'm redoing the site, plus I might transfer it to a new host.

18. WalkingOnTheDarkSide

WalkingOnTheDarkSide Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Non of them are showing up for me? Am I the only one who has this problem.

19. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    No, nothing's showing up. If you go to the home page at idotf.com, all you see is a "temporarily down for maintenance" page. The site will be put back up in stages, and the whole thing will be online by the end of June.

20. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    As the changed title indicates, my site is still down, but bits and pieces are going back up. I'm looking for a more organized way to show my work on my site without resorting to stuff like databases. I've looked at Coppermine, but I really don't want to work with something that complicated.

Anyway, new silly bric-a-brac:

If You Can Swing It...

It works with anybody holding a lightsaber, I think. :p

21. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
  22. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Excellent work. I love the anakin with the troopers poster. I like how its got a blue tint. Hope to see more from you.
    -Arsnl

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like both of your latest pieces, DotF: the color choice is very good on both, sort of conveying the "coldness" in Anakin's heart in both cases. I love how you've handled Anakin's image in the background of both--it looks almost like it was done with pastels or some similar media--very nice! And sorry to hear about the difficulties with your site--that has to be frustrating!

FF

24. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    great colors! :)

25. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow...these are wonderful, a really great sense of that kind of cold anger. I like how you've gone for cold tones instead of the somewhat predictable red fury, makes these really unique. I enjoyed them both and hope for some more work soon yes? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.