1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive DotF's Art - update 5-17-06 (ROTS Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the compliments! :)

Yeah, it's not common to see blue as the dominant color in anything that has to do with Anakin. "Temple March" took a long time because I couldn't decide if I wanted to add a third image to the piece. (I like to use as few images as possible if it's not for wallpaper.) The final composition came to me when I was looking through old works-in-progress files. It didn't need a third image, just place the background image to one side and crop the whole thing so it has some kind of visual balance.
  2. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    This piece of bric-a-brac has a story:

Darth Sheba's new robe

Darth Sheba is my Sithly persona; makes it easier for me to get into rant mode. [face_devil] Sheba's face is from a game I have that allows you to make a picture of yourself to use alongside the game's computer characters. I took a screen shot of that and used it to make this piece last year. The robe actually belongs to Dormé. :p Sheba's new robe is Palpatine's. (He fights Yoda in that robe, I think.) The big problem with the pic of Palpy is that he's holding his lightsaber blade near his face, so not only did I have to remove his face but also that blade and its glow. Which took a good chunk out of the hood. :oops: I tried to fill in the spaces to make the hood look as normal as possible and changed the color to a dark gray/black. The collar of the tunic I cut from another pic and ran through the Plastic Wrap filter to give it a sheen like silk. I airbrushed a shadow across Sheba's face to give a little depth.
  3. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man--now I want a Sithly persona to do my "ranting" for me! [face_laugh]

I like this image, DotF--I like her face, the colors, the shadows (although, your Sithly persona doesn't look too threatening with that sweet smile! lol!)! It has to be such fun, to put yourself into a pic like that--turn yourself into a Jedi, or a Sith...or maybe a droid...? All the tones and values are matched wonderfully--it really looks like a photograph and not a manipulation or edit. Thanks for including a little "backstory"--that always adds to an image, I think!

FF
  4. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke & Leia

It works as its own piece (I think), but I intend to make a family-type portrait with Anakin and Padmé. Due to my ineptitude, it took weeks to figure out how to get the effect I wanted. Just removing the color and kicking up the contrast didn't work, which I had been stuck doing. Remember the definition of insanity? :p
  5. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Kenu Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes, very clasic pose and color, nice.
  7. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    That looks like it could be a CD cover. It's actually kind of arresting to look at...
  8. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    There is something about it, isn't there?

Today's scratchwork:

Anakin & Padme

This isn't how I'm looking for them to turn out in the final piece. I applied what I did in the Luke & Leia piece to this just to see how it would look. Not quite as interesting as the other one, I think. :p
  9. Darth_ArsnL Jedi Master

star 2
    Thats very cool rendering of luke and leia and padme and anakin, great classy feel to it.
    -Arnsl
  10. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    You should make a whole series of these with all the main duos in the movies. It's a very striking graphic style...
  11. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    The "Luke and Leia" is gorgeous, DotF!! I love this sort of understated, starkly simple type of image--just the highlights of their major features to define their expressions and faces--beautiful! And the Anakin/Padme is looking just as great--I think wicktone has a great suggestion about doing all the "duos" in the movies--a Han and Leia would be fabulous! Well done--these are just wonderful!

FF
  12. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I didn't think I'd get this reaction! :D

Do movie pairs? Okay...Han & Leia are the most obvious. Any other pairs anyone would like to see?
  13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Wow, both of those pairs are great! I wouldn't mind seeing those framed and hung on a wall.

Hmmm...I wouldn't mind seeing a young Owen and Beru. :)
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I agree. These are rather interesting and bring a lot across to the viewer.

I'm all for a series of portraits like this. :)
  15. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Owen & Beru

I'm really not all that pleased with it. It took more doing this time, doubling the number of steps. I want to fiddle with it more, but then I think I shouldn't touch it again.

The Han/Leia piece will take a little time; I can't seem to find the proper Leia pic for the composition. I did find a pic in the Multimedia gallery that I don't remember ever seeing before: Han and Leia seconds before they kissed in ESB. I got excited, but it's going to take some work. I'll let that be a bonus piece. :)
  16. Darth_ArsnL Jedi Master

star 2
    I love what you're doing with padme & anakin, luke & leia, and owen & beru.
    what other people do you think you'll do?

-Arsnl
  17. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Look at what Darth_ArsnL did with the Leia/Luke & Anakin/Padme portraits!

Skywalker family portrait

I didn't they would work in the same piece. I was shocked when I saw it! If you got any kudos, give them to her! :D

18. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Great image, but with four faces on black it does start to look like a 70's/80's album cover.
  19. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Really liking this style of portraiture, DotF! Owen and Beru look wonderful to me!
    This is a very cool effect for portraits, and it takes a good eye to be able to bring out just enough of the face(s) used to make it work--these are well-done, and I'm really enjoying them! ;)

FF
  20. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm really looking forward to seeing all of these complete... are you going to try to set them up into one big composition?
  21. Darth_ArsnL Jedi Master

star 2
    Only if DOTF wants to, I'm just here for the fun :D. I hope she'll let me tho! that would make an awesome picture.

-Arsnl
  22. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Han & Leia

I'm tickled about how this one came out. I love Han's lop-sided smile, and I had to dig to find just the right Leia image.

Any other duos? Maybe master/apprentice?

Doing a single composition? Maybe. Hadn't thought much about it.
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Ooo...the Han and Leia one is really nice. I agree with Han's lopsided smile - who doesn't like that? :p

And I'm gonna second wick's suggestion about a single composition. I think that would really bring the most out of these portraits. ;)

24. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, very nice DotF!! Loving the Han and Leia (and who doesn't love the "lop-sided grin!?" :D )!! Those are great pics to use for it, too--nice job! I'd love to see some "single portraits" in this style--of both well-known and not-so-well-known characters. Lovely work!

FF
  25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ooooo! Thanks for doing Owen and Beru. :) I think it turned out great!

The Han and Leia is beautiful too. You choose really good images to work with for these.
    As for a master and apprentice, maybe a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? (I miss Qui-Gon.... [face_blush] )
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.