1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive DotF's Art - update 5-17-06 (ROTS Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, awesome, DotF!! This turned out great: the way they're standing back-to-back, as Jedi do when they're surrounded by threat, and the way they're both looking down at the "camera"...too cool!! This really looks like a promo photo or something, with the actual actors, rather than simply a shot of the figures--great job! You really are getting good at this stuff! ;)

FF
  2. Anison Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would really love to see your work, but I keep getting a "No Hotlinking" screen when I click on the links. Is there anywhere else I can see them?
  3. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    My gallery

It has everything I posted here and other stuff.

4. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Ths smoke in that piece was once pink, but I'd already done pinkish in the "Jedi" piece. The background smoke went white, while the foreground smoke was colorized blue.

Okay, new piece:

Framed ROTS Padmé portrait

This one didn't take long. It's like the other framed sepia portraits I've done, except that the matte is slightly darker than the background. I couldn't decide on the frame, but in the end I did a variation on the frame for the Amidala portrait.
  5. JediMasterMazzie Jedi Padawan

I'm having difficulty viewing your images... everytime I click on the links, it leads to a site that said do not directly link this image and the image doesn't show up.
  6. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    I had hotlink protection set to its strictest level. You should be able to see the pics now.
  7. Anison Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oohh... I really like that framed Padme picture. It really looks like something that would be on a mantle or an end table in someone's house. Maybe her parents' house or something, after her death. Great work!
  8. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    What a beautiful portrait of Padme! I agree with Anison that it looks like something her parents might have in their home, on a mantle or a special place of honor... sniff... The frame really gives it that sort of feel--lovely!

FF
  9. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    Both images work so well as framed portraits. The sepia coloured vignette style makes them appear as very treasured photos. I also find the comment stating that these look as though they would be placed on a mantle is a great description. Somehow though, viewing them makes me feel a little somber.

- Suz ^_~
  10. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, "pictures over the mantle" was the idea I had when I started doing these (the oldest ones in my gallery were done in 2002). Here's the AOTC portrait--reworked with a darker matte.
  11. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Starfighter - rear view

Normally, I don't do ships, but for an upcoming piece I need a ship. It isn't based on anything and it's all made up of layers and layers of shapes. Very rough. It might have been easier to do if I had CAD software. Maybe someday I'll show it from the front or the top. :p
  12. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting design for your ship, DotF--I think if you gave her some exhaust (an orange or red glow from the exhaust ports--right and left, correct...?), and a splash of stars in the space around her, she'd look fabulous. I love the idea of ship concepts, but am too much of a coward to try all that technical drawing myself! Great idea, though!

FF
  13. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's the idea. Once I do a top view and a side view, it might not look quite like that.

I'm not that brave, either. :p My schooling was in architecture, not engineering.
  14. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    The Dread Dark Lord

This isn't quite what I had in mind. Originally, I was going to do poster with Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine with the Death Star in the background. But I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted for Tarkin, so I backed off on that idea and just did Vader alone.

This is one of the times I wish I could draw worth two cents. :(
  15. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow!!:eek: I am totally impressed! You say you can't draw? So this is all photoshop?

I really need to buy photoshop. I bought Microsoft Digital Image Pro about 7 or 8 months ago and started making SW images, but it doesn't look like my program can do half the stuff PS can (I was looking at that little tutorial you did in making a Starburst).

Excellent work!

Have you tried using other programs such as Poser 6 or Bryce 5.5 so you are not restricted with working with photos you snag off the net?

Wonderful images!

AG88
  16. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    All Photoshop Elements. It amazing that I can do all this with such a scaled-down version of PS.

I've been looking at Poser for a long time. It's not cheap, and it would take hardware and software upgrades to run something that, practically a whole new computer.
  17. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    I am doing my work with Microsoft Digital Image Pro which, I believe, is like a scaled down version of Photoshop Elements. :p So which photoshop version would you recommend for somebody who wants to make cool SW images? I assume Elements is not the recommended version.

Yeah, the hardware upgrade would be the major cost. It requires a Windows 2000/XP, 500Mhz Pentium, 256MB RAM, but 512MB or more is recommended and 500 MB free hard disk space but 2GB is recommended. I am running mine on 256MB RAM and as long as I am only interested in making still pictures and not animation, then I am fine. It still takes a few minutes to render a photo.

I bought Poser 6 retail, but I have been told that DAZ Productions has a free version online. I am pretty sure they make their money by charging you for extras like clothes, props, poses, hair, and such. Many of that stuff comes with the Poser 6 program. You can check out what is available by DAZ here: http://www.daz3d.com/index.php .

Poser 6 cost around $250 retail http://www.e-frontier.com/go/poser_hpl .), but if you or your spouse are a student or teacher (or even if you home school your kids) you can get it for about $140 at the AcademicSuperStore (where I got mine: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/item/index.html?tname=Poser ). Or you can get the scaled down version called Poser Artist. It is cheaper and requires a lot less computer RAM (64MB compared to 256MB for Poser 6) and hard disk space. http://www.e-frontier.com/go/products/poserartist .

If you do get Poser 6 and you have difficulty in learning its applications let me know. I can recommend a number of guide books that were helpful to me. Poser is hard to get a grasp of at first but once you get the hang of it you are on easy street.

I love your work. Keep the pictures coming!

AG88
  18. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    There hasn't been anything to post here for the past couple of months, but I have been busy. I've been doing other kinds of art, and if I do anything having to do with SW again, it definitely will be different from what I've posted here. If anyone's interested, my recent work can be found on my DeviantArt account: darth-sheba.deviantart.com.
  19. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, I hope you will update this soon. I was coming to visit ag88's thread and saw this.

Excellent! =D= @};-
  20. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, nothing new here. But I am scatching my head about Daughters of the Force. Right now, it's the most viewed piece in my gallery and has been so for a long time. It's not even my best work. Are Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee that popular? I just don't get it. :)
  21. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    A little scratchwork:

Maul's Creed WIP

I used a pic as a guide to where to put the blocks of color. Doing it with the Magnetic Lasso tool was a definite pain, but I needed the control. I'll make a more refined copy (or several) based on this before I really get to work. :D
  22. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    More Maul:

Maul's Creed - new WIP

I didn't go over Maul's face again; the raggedness looked fine for the kind of filter I used. It's definitely not what I had in mind for this piece.
  23. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, nice! I really like the sort of "stark" effect you have going with Maul's face here--and I agree that it doesn't need anything else. That fierce expression and all the red-and-black tattoos mark this as our favorite Sith villain! Great work with the quotes, too--talk about grim, though...not the sort of philosophy I'd want to pledge my life to... **shudders**
    This is a very effective piece, though! Great work!

FF
  24. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! :)

There's a bit of a blank spot in the upper right hand corner, so I filled it in:

Maul's Creed

25. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm learning how to do vexels now. (A vexel is like a vector, but it's done on pixel-based programs like Photoshop.) This is really really rough. And really orange. :p

Obi-Wan vexel - work in progress
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.