main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Tressel is starting to catch some heat now - CNNSI Article

"Tressel said he had no desire to give up calling plays and will not change his offensive philosophy, which basically is built on playing for field position, avoiding turnovers at all cost and relying on defense and special teams to win the game."

I always thought that SCORING was a good offensive philosophy. :confused:

And this would explain why Pryor looks so damned confused out there.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Seriously. That kid is a beast, Tress needs to let him put the fear of God into teams with his full skill set.

3. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Is Ohio State actually *gasp*... running the ball today?!?!??!

4. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Two shutouts in a row. Good stuff.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Good game all around, really. Defense looked great. Awesome game plan in the first half, and then let Pryor get experience and confidence throwing in the second half when the game was already decided and the weather conditions had dramatically improved.

I can't wait to see this D punch Tate Forcier in the mouth as TTUN tries to run the spread in the cold of November.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fun game to watch today. Two Pick Sixes, and a TD on a kick = awesome. Pryor on final drive of first half = awesomer.

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    It was a fun and odd game to watch. Wisconsin had 368 total yards of offense, 42:47 time of possession and 22 first downs. OSU had 184 total yards of offense, 17:13 time of possession and 8 first downs. The defense definitely won this game with the big plays.

8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Being from Wisconsin I have a different take on the game. Actually not too much different. The overall stats played into our favor, but you gotta play just about perfect against that D otherwise this is the result.

9. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    So, I go off to a cabin trip and come back today to see that OSU has been playing down to the competition yet again.

I keep waiting for this great, great QB that I've heard so much about, to show up. Four turnovers by Pryor? Yeah, great stuff.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    No excuse for that loss, really.

I have a friend here who is a big Purdue fan, and he was apparently rather "meh" on the win, since the second win of the season didn't mean a whole lot.

11. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    A giant "meh" from me on that Posey quote. Looking at his entire statement, and putting it in context, I don't think he was implying what it looks like when you see a headline that reads "OSU WR says Pryor can't do any worse". To me, Posey was simply saying "I know, and Terrell knows, and everyone here knows that he's not playing up to his potential, and he simply has no choice but to improve that and start playing better."

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The fact that Vince Young was mentioned in relation to Terrell Owens should make Ohio State fans afraid. Very afraid.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    You mean Terrelle Pryor?

:p

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant... I was too busy trying to figure out how comparing Young to TO affected OSU at all [face_laugh]

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    LOL!

Yeah, the other Terrell. Which now that you mention it...

:p

I won't go that far, though. I haven't seen any theatrics out of Pryor.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Certainly not ones of the TO-caliber ;)

17. DubyaT421

DubyaT421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Best throw of the season for the Bucks is from Posey. Go figure. :p

18. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Great win today. One of the better all around team efforts I've seen from the Bucks in a while.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Pryor looked good today. not throwing the ball, necessarily, but I'm not asking him to be Joe Montana. But, he was decisive, and didn't take any stupid chances.

Hoping to lock up the Rose Bowl birth and Big Ten Title next week, and then feast on some MeatChicken for dessert.

20. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    At least we won't have to worry about the Bucks getting a big head, and skipping over next week's game so they can focus on Michigan. They know what is at stake, now they just have to grab it. LETS GO BUCKS, Bring home the Big 10, and then head to Pasadena an bring home a Rose Bowl.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    @};-!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Can I get someone to sing along with me here:

We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan ...

23. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The AD for Ohio State needs to call Tressel into the office and say "Let me introduce you to X. X is your new offensive coordinator and he will be calling the plays from now on... not you..."

24. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    OSU needs to take some shots down field, especially when they get a 2nd and short situation. Michigan is playing up at the line, knowing OSU won't go deep. The one time OSU took a shot down field, Posey was wide open for a TD, but Pryor over threw him. They need to take a few more shots in the 2nd half and ice the game.

25. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I would agree with that, however, Pryor is not a good passer... at all.

In fact, as I type this Michigan scores after an interception by Pryor.

I hope the Bucks have a great QB prospect to turn to next year in case we get more of the same from him.