Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm far from an Ohio State fan, but I'm glad they're beating the U...hopefully they can keep it up.
  2. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Kneeling instead of rubbing it in at the end = class... that is why I'll always be an OSU fan.

Great win, but the special teams issues need to be addressed.
  3. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    We lost, but the Finals the Heat will win with LeBron should soothe it.
  4. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Great win, but man is it odd seeing a game where the only glaring deficit Ohio State has is on Special Teams. Loved Pryor today. He probably should have thrown 2-3 picks in the first half, but in general he made good decisions, was decisive, and was the leader this team needs him to be.

And, I hope Miami fans took note: the refs were on your side in this game, and the team with superior talent still won, and did so fairly convincingly.
  5. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great day for Pryor. 4 TD passes, 1 rushing TD and a TD reception. The defense looked a little bad at times though.

73 points with the starters pulled at the end of the 3rd quarter. We weren't running the score up though. What can you do if you can't even stop the Buck's second and third stringers?
  6. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Not such a hot day for the Bucks. If Boise St, or anybody close in the rankings has a great day today, I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU passed up for #2.
  7. IntyMobile Jedi Master

star 1
    Didn't get to see any of the game, but I am catching up on highlights and recaps now. Sounds like today was a real lesson in just how important TP is. I have a hard time believing Bauserman is the best backup we could have.

Glad to get the win and survive, though.
  8. Rhettacular Jedi Padawan

No he was not. And yes, Ohio State REALLY took advantage of the 4 TURNOVERS we gave you...

...oh wait. The scoreboard dosen't refelct that. The U was never out of the game. We could've won if our offense wasn't so mistake prone (despite the 4 turnovers. Think on that)
  9. Rhettacular Jedi Padawan

You played much better against Indiana, I'll give you that, and at least you've earned your #1 spot.

10. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Uh, yeah, 4 turnovers. If you want to win, maybe you should like...not do that.
  11. Rhettacular Jedi Padawan

That's not the point I'm making at all. The point I'm making is that with 4 turnovers, the supossedly "superior" team should have beat us handidly...

...but they didn't. We were still in the game the whole time. So what does that say about them?
  12. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    and you were only in the game, because the Buckeyes "gave" you 14 points on Special teams.

What it means is your team lost, so stop your whining, and get out of the Ohio State thread.
  13. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Anybody else notice how no one was whining about the Buck's strength of schedule while they were ranked #2? :p
  14. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Next stop vs my Wisconsin Badgers at Camp Randall. I believe ESPN Game Day will be there also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Randall_Stadium
  15. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    OSU-Wisconsin should be a good game :)
  16. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Could be a great game. Could also become a one-sided affair. Ohio State has a very good defense that excels at stopping the run. If you stop Wisconsin's running game, you pretty much stop Wisconsin. I'm cautiously optimistic that Ohio State could just blow out Wisconsin. I'm going to be happy with a win, even by a point, but I'm expecting bigger.
  17. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Fun game to watch, but man, did that sure suck.

Now, I'm going to reread my above post and firmly insert my foot into my mouth.
  18. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks like our lousy special teams finally bit us in the ass yesterday. Kudos to the Badgers on being ready to play yesterday. The Bucks sure didn't look ready. Hopefully we rebound from this.
  19. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I thought Wisconsin would keep it close and might be able to eke out a close one late... I definitely didn't see Wisconsin jumping out to a significant early lead and hanging on. Hmm, kinda a similar situation as Alabama losing the previous week. Go figure.
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    On the bright side, tOSU is still in "win out and get your 6th straight BCS game" mode.

On the bad side, this is two road games this year, and they've looked completely flawed in both.

Thank goodness I'm not one of those "BCS Title or bust" fans.
  21. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Shutting down Denard Robinson would be enough for me.
  22. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    49-0 over Purdue is more like it, both compared to last week, and to last year against Purdue.

But, not to sound like a broken record ... let's see some of this on the road, guys.
  23. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, that game wasn't exactly close :p
  24. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i went to a local pub for opening day...it is the OSU tavern in town, IT WAS CRAZY packed. as much as it was fun to be with other OSU fans, i think i'll watch the Michigan game at home...too many bodies!
  25. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ohio State impressive at Florida yesterday. I only caught some of it, but it was nice spanking the Gators.