main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I don't know who specifically yet, but there is already a rumor of a highly touted Florida recruit that was headed to Miami that has decommitted and gave a verbal commitment to Ohio State because of this announcement.

Urban won't have to go out and recruit, they're already seeking out Ohio State.

2. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    How bad do you think Florida wants to kick our asses in the Gator Bowl this year? :p

3. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Seriously. Let's send another team to the Gator Bowl, and go to a Bowl next year instead. Not a super harsh penalty, and the penalty for Tress is pretty soft, too - much softer than what Bruce Pearl got.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I thought Pearl got 3 years show-cause, and Tressel 5 years?

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Pearl got three years, but is barred from any recruiting activity. Tressel could still recruit, making him not quite as toxic as Pearl and still somewhat hireable.

7. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Well, I think it is time to resurrect this fine thread. Urban Meyer with the Spead in Columbus....and go.

8. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Of the 11 TD's that the offense has scored, Miller has thrown, or rushed for 7 of them in just two games and is personally averaging 332 yards of combined offense, both rushing and throwing. I think his name should be placed in the Heisman race if it isn't there already.

And could someone fix the title and get rid of the question marks and put the quotation marks back in their rightful place, please. :p

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sure, I can do that. The database did that in a lot of places.

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Much appreciated!

11. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm trying to remember the last time an Ohio State team won a game and proceeded to drop four spots in an AP poll.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  13. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, I saw this story on CNNSI the other day and was trying to understand the motivation behind them reporting it, because it really has nothing to do with the sports program. Muck-raking, I guess.

14. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm just impressed that Ohio State has managed to stay 4-0 so far. Should be interesting to see them on Saturday vs. Michigan State.

15. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Bucks gutted out a good win today and held Bell in check, however, I think the defensive open-field tackling is really piss poor right now and needs a lot of work still. Mich St got a ton of yardage after contact today because the Bucks defense wasn't wrapping up on tackles and were going after strips. Just hit and wrap.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. Good win, but sloppy on defense. Glad to see them pull it out though. This is the kind of game they lost too often last year, when they folded in crunch time. Outside of Wisconsin, that is.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That's pretty cool.

19. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Is Ohio State peaking one year too early considering that they are on probation this year?

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Did you miss the completely lackluster performances against the likes of UAB, Cal, and UCF?

No. In no way are they peaking too early.

Braxton is by far the most important player, and he's got two more years after this one.

21. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, they've had lackluster performances, but those were against lackluster competition. Against the other reasonably good Big Ten teams they have faced so far, they have one lackluster showing against Michigan State, and one throttling of Nebraska. From now until they go to Wisconsin in their second to last game and then host Michigan at home for their last game, they have nothing but lackluster competition.

So, really the question is considering that if their schedule is similar to this year's schedule, but with reversals for their Big Ten games, then they will play at Nebraska and at Michigan next year and at home against Wisconsin. So, are they going to be more than capable of their schedule or are they going to suffer from Florida State Syndrome and play to the level of their competition?

22. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    You have to remember that the Buckeyes are learning a new system with a new head coach. They aren't peaking as much as they are learning and progressing. I don't see playing "down to the competition" being an issue once they really get comfortable and rolling under this new system - especially under coach Meyer. Playing "down to the competition" was a chronic issue under Tressel and it used to drive me insane. Believe me when I say that that particular "Syndrome" was nothing that Florida State had a monopoly on.

23. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Ohio State defense still has a lot of work to do.

24. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Seriously... 49 points racked up by the Hoosiers. Meyer needs to make the defense do sprints until they all vomit.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd be happy with just some tackling drills. Yeesh.