main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Rightfully so. Only coach to win a national title at both the 1-A and 1-AA levels.

I hold no spite towards him, even with the sanctions at Ohio State that we're put on his shoulders.

LloydChristmas and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree - he is and was a brilliant football mind, and deserves this accolade.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Plus, thanks to him, the sweater vest became fashionable, and is a staple in my wardrobe.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

and his!

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Hey guys! What's up?

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D=[face_dancing]=D=[face_dancing]=D=[face_dancing]

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm numb...

So glad I'm off work tomorrow!

9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Party it up' till 3 a.m.

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    IT FEELS

SO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I only wish the mention of SWAT teams and tear gas wasn't putting a slight bit of tarnish on the title.

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    "Urban renewal" happened about a year ahead of schedule, and I honestly believe we're in for a run similar to what Alabama has put together in the Saban era. Michigan is sure to rise again under Harbaugh, the Big Ten in general is on the upswing and powers like Alabama aren't going away, but I'll take Ohio State's next decade over anyone in college football.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Upping this in honor of the one month celebration of winning the title.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    *2 months!

[​IMG]

DT421, xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That Ezekiel Elliot touchdown run in the 4th quarter against Alabama will NEVER. GET. OLD.

Also, congrats are in order to Thad Matta, for becoming the winningest basketball coach in Ohio State History last night.

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Meyer to be paid 6.5 million a year until 2020.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Had to assume THE Ohio State University wasn't going to stand for Harbaugh making more than their coach.

That's a 2.7 million/year increase, from 4.8/year in his original contract. Good grief.

19. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    You say that as if it's a bad thing?

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah. I dunno, I just get weirded out by a coach, as awesome as Urban is, getting rewarded with nearly 3 million more per year, and the players who went out there and beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon getting nothing for it.

It's not unique to tOSU, I think Saban's salary is equally abhorrent at 7 million a year.

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't disagree, but they don't have to be mutually exclusive-- and part of Urban's awesomeness is actually going to bat for his players on the issue, challenging conferences on things like getting their families reimbursed for bowl game travel:

I mean lbr it's also a brilliant recruiting move, but damn if I don't think Urban actually gives a **** about his guys, and moreso than his contract.

Saban...not so sure. :p

ALSO HOW IS EVERYONE IGNORING THE VIDEO I LINKED TO

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    That's a pretty sad looking bird.

Still funny though.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It is interesting, because plenty of big name coaches are for pay. I think the loudest voice is Steve Spurrier, who crows about it every year at SEC Media Day (he's proposed paying his players out of his pockets), but he's gotten Nick Saban, Les Miles, and Urban Meyer's old OC, Dan Mullen, on board too. Mack Brown was for it. Bob Stoops and Mark Richt have giant sticks up their asses and say the "players get enough," but the wave of progress should drown them out.

Gotta think that with some support from the coaches out West, this would start to pick up some steam, but it just doesn't.

24. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    This is my new favorite thing.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001